Rangers have increased pursuit of Q?

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is good news considering it only puts the pressure on the teams out there that have been lurking and posturing the past couple months. The way to play it is to be quiet for a while and have teams comfortable and then out of nowhere have them scrambling a bit thinking its possible you may be getting close with another team.

***** I am fully aware this scenario is only playing out in my head, likely not what is actually happening********

QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
Assuming there's no way Texas trades Odor, or perhaps Mazara, is there's a path to complete this without them?

I'm pondering if something like Yeody Taveras, Yohender Mendez, Ronald Guzman and another piece would do it. seems really light to me

Not nearly enough

Mazara, Gallo, Tavarez, Mendez.

Worth noting that Mazara has 1.0 full year of service (seems silly the Rangers didn't wait an extra week). So he would only have 5 years on control, 2 of which would likely be blown on s***ty teams. By the time the Sox may be good again (2019), he'll be getting expensive.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
Mazara, Gallo, Tavarez, Mendez.

Worth noting that Mazara has 1.0 full year of service (seems silly the Rangers didn't wait an extra week). So he would only have 5 years on control, 2 of which would likely be blown on s***ty teams. By the time the Sox may be good again (2019), he'll be getting expensive.

I noticed that as well. He played 3 games in AAA last year. Why wouldn't they just wait the extra like 5 days?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
Dammit. A few sources on the Rangers side already shot this down. It makes sense that they would squish this rumor. They're trying to win now just like the Astros.

Bastards, cant they at least let the Sox run with it for a little while?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
Dammit. A few sources on the Rangers side already shot this down. It makes sense that they would squish this rumor. They're trying to win now just like the Astros.

That was fun for a whole 45 minutes.

If they're trying to win now, why would they squish it?

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 03:33 PM)
If they're trying to win now, why would they squish it?

Because they wouldn't want the Astros to get Quintana.

I'm saying that it's a leak on the Sox side hoping that the Astros bite. Rangers call them out since they don't want the Astros adding a pitcher of Q's caliber to help them win now which I guess is still a possible scenario regardless if they think the Rangers are involved or not.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 03:33 PM)
Because they wouldn't want the Astros to get Quintana.

I'm saying that it's a leak on the Sox side hoping that the Astros bite. Rangers call them out since they don't want the Astros adding a pitcher of Q's caliber to help them win now which is possible that it could still happen.

I suppose. Could also get the Astros to pay more as well, but in terms of next year, ya...Q obviously makes them better.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 03:36 PM)
This came from Offman first. It seems pretty clear the Sox leaked this locally, then nationally. Then Rangers media members placed calls to their sources with the Rangers, and it got shot down.

It does show that clearly moving Q is still priority #1 right now.

Yeah this does seem to be the case.

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 03:36 PM)
This came from Offman first. It seems pretty clear the Sox leaked this locally, then nationally. Then Rangers media members placed calls to their sources with the Rangers, and it got shot down.

It does show that clearly moving Q is still priority #1 right now.

Yeah, the Sox really want to get him, Robertson, and Frazier done. The "interest" articles keep coming on a regular basis.