There's Much Hope for Todd Frazier

Jeff Liefer

Hey guys, I lurk. Dan here. Reason I didn't have too much time. Played indy ball for the past few years. I run a blog now. Guess who out of the top 15 OBP (losers) would improve to an amazing level even with the K's...

Caveat? He has to show boat his homers and lure the pitcher to get HBP... only twice.

It's all on my blog.

But I'm excited if it ends up working...

QUOTE (Jeff Liefer @ Feb 12, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)
Hey guys, I lurk. Dan here. Reason I didn't have too much time. Played indy ball for the past few years. I run a blog now. Guess who out of the top 15 OBP (losers) would improve to an amazing level even with the K's...

Caveat? He has to show boat his homers and lure the pitcher to get HBP... only twice.

It's all on my blog.

But I'm excited if it ends up working...

https://shop.insurgentkinematics.com/blogs/...bout-regression

OK color me confused .How does taking away 2 homers while adding 2 HBPs lead to an over .050 swing in OBP ? Aren't HR's counted as getting on base ?

If Slugging percentage is the number of total bases divided by the number of at bats how does his slg% go up by taking away 8 total bases and adding 2 HBP which don't figure into slg right ? You're theoretically only reducing his number of at bats by 2 right ?

I haven't done the math obviously but am I missing something or you are . I hope its me because I would sure check my math and formulas before I printed anything in a blog and plugged it to multiple baseball message boards ( which I'm sure you did ).