2017 NFL off season thread

I am incredibly nervous about Watson. But I really don't think trading down is an option, at least not until the 2nd round. Everyone will want to trade down in this draft, nobody is desperate for any of these players to trade up.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)
I think the Bears will draft Watson #3. Greg Gabriel had a tweet the other day indicating that Trubisky was not on the Bears draft board or at least not high and had the same statement about Jonathan Allen.

I kind of hope so. I don't know how well he will make it in the NFL, but I just want a young QB to watch and give me hope for. Forget Mike Glennon.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 12:44 PM)
I kind of hope so. I don't know how well he will make it in the NFL, but I just want a young QB to watch and give me hope for. Forget Mike Glennon.

Watching a young qb sounds nice unless they are terrible.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 12:53 PM)
I think it's Watson or Thomas at #3, unless Garrett unexpectedly slips.

If it's not a QB (which I don't think it is) it will be Lattimore or Adams. Impact DB at #3.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
If it's not a QB (which I don't think it is) it will be Lattimore or Adams. Impact DB at #3.

If Thomas is there and is tops on their board they should take him. They shouldn't draft for need. I'm not sure what their board looks like and they might have Adams or Lattimore above Thomas, but I'm just saying.

Secondaries look a lot better when the quarterback has no time to throw the ball.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)

While I don't think that would be a bad play, with the depth at DB in this year's class, I think they will choose to address that position later.

It's a very deep draft and I don't see a desperate team that will trade up, especially to 3.

I like Watson, I'm a sucker for the great winning and productive college qb (steve walsh era was amazing!), but it really is a knock against him that David Haugh wants him. I just know he can't be successful with that.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
I hope the Bears trade down. Such a value in doing so.

How does this draft compare to drafts of years' past? Seems to be below average to me but admittedly I am not that learned in this area.

The draft is actually very deep, especially loaded at DB and TE. QB is debatable and the top has a good number of above average players. You might say the top isn't quite as strong as some past drafts, but the quality and depth is very strong. I also argue that there are some intriguing QB options and I still believe we see 3 QB's picked in the 1st round (and I've been pretty adamant about this for months). I will be dissapointed if the Bears don't select a QB with one of its first two picks. I still think San Fran is taking a QB. No clear day 1 starter, but quite a few QB's with NFL talent.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
The draft is actually very quite, especially loaded at DB and TE. QB is debatable and the top has a good number of above average players. You might say the top isn't quite as strong as some past drafts, but the quality and depth is very strong. I also argue that there are some intriguing QB options and I still believe we see 3 QB's picked in the 1st round (and I've been pretty adamant about this for months). I will be dissapointed if the Bears don't select a QB with one of its first two picks. I still think San Fran is taking a QB. No clear day 1 starter, but quite a few QB's with NFL talent.

Didn't the 49ers already come out and say they are going after Cousins next offseason?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 01:27 PM)
If Thomas is there and is tops on their board they should take him. They shouldn't draft for need. I'm not sure what their board looks like and they might have Adams or Lattimore above Thomas, but I'm just saying.

Secondaries look a lot better when the quarterback has no time to throw the ball.

I'm not saying they are drafting for need. They should never do that. i think those will be the top impact players.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:21 PM)
While I don't think that would be a bad play, with the depth at DB in this year's class, I think they will choose to address that position later.

There is depth both those two are impact talent. I know DBs especially safeties don't usually go that high but they are outstanding.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 02:29 PM)

How does this draft compare to drafts of years' past? Seems to be below average to me but admittedly I am not that learned in this area.

I agree. But as others have said, it takes two for a trade.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 02:29 PM)

agreed, the draft has depth but few elite prospects IMO. I want them to accumulate picks if possible.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 09:58 AM)
Here's my 7 Round Bears Mock if anyone is interested: https://www.bagadonutssports.com/blog/2017/...ound-mock-draft

Every pick seems totally feasible and yet none may happen, good job. I love the NFL draft, I have felt the butterflies of excitement for it since last week.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
Every pick seems totally feasible and yet none may happen, good job. I love the NFL draft, I have felt the butterflies of excitement for it since last week.

I'm the same way about the draft. Unfortunately, I have a track meet and a lacrosse game for the kids on Thursday. My data plan will be maxed out just tomorrow night.

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 2m2 minutes ago

More

1- @AdamSchefter has reported that Browns may select Trubisky at 1. There is a growing belief around the league that it may be true

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 41s42 seconds ago

More

3- to further the belief Browns may take Trubisky, last night they called teams about moving down from 12.

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 27s27 seconds ago

More

4- if Browns were taking Garrett, they would need 12 to move up and to select Trubiskey

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 56s57 seconds ago

More

5- if Browns in fact take Trubisky, SF wins Powerball and gets Garrett.

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 34s34 seconds ago

More

6- Bears would live to move down from 3 but if Browns take the QB, chances of moving down have become slimmer

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 4s5 seconds ago

More

7- if Bears can't move down from 3 they will select from Thomas and Adams. My guess would be Thomas