2017 NFL off season thread

Not that we need proof about how bad the Bears drafted under Angelo and Emery, here is quite the damning stat:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account

@AdamSchefter

In 2016 Bears had NFL low snaps for original team draft picks prior to 2015 (pre Pace/Fox). Bears had 2,857. Next: CLE 3,347. NFL Avg: 7,933

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:44 AM)
Somehow the Bears are going to screw this up at 3. I hope they go with Adams

After listening to a few analysts this morning I am now sold on Adams. They believe he is the best "football player" in the draft.

Matt Bowen was one of them and I just think the world of that guy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 2, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
Bears signed OL Bradley Sowell to a one year deal, and I am seeing tweets that seem to indicate Howard is signing with them too

He was a decent fill-in for the Hawks but I don't see him as being a starter.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 2, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
I don't think he is anything but depth

He's not. Bad at LT, bad at RT. If he even makes the team it will shock. Bears are a waste, their draft was comical on every level. I read a report today Fox and Pace are at each other. I suspect Fox is out this year and then after Pace makes a bunch of other dumb draft trades and then drafts kids from WhoKnowsWhoU he'll be bounced. Tough for this Sox fan....Blackhawks too old, White Sox too young and Bears too stupid.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ May 2, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
He's not. Bad at LT, bad at RT. If he even makes the team it will shock. Bears are a waste, their draft was comical on every level. I read a report today Fox and Pace are at each other. I suspect Fox is out this year and then after Pace makes a bunch of other dumb draft trades and then drafts kids from WhoKnowsWhoU he'll be bounced. Tough for this Sox fan....Blackhawks too old, White Sox too young and Bears too stupid.

They overpaid by the equivalent of a 5th round pick for what they believe to be a franchise QB.

Stop reading reports. Who really cares about John Fox's feelings?

Vincent Jackson- Northern Colorado

Joe Flacco- Delaware

Walter Payton- Jackson St.

Jerry Rice- Mississippi Valley St.

Richard Dent- Tennessee St.

Tony Romo- Eastern Illinois

Michael Turner- Northern Illinois

Steve McNair- Alcorn St.

Matt Forte- Tulane

Deacon Jones- Mississippi Valley St.

Who really cares where you go to school? Great players are found from every level. Cutler, Grossman, Steltz, Orton, etc all played in big-time conferences. How did they work out?

Also, the Blackhawks were the best team in the west and got swept by a team who had 2 less regulation wins. They didn't go from great on April 1 to too old on April 13. They got beat by a good team.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 2, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
They overpaid by the equivalent of a 5th round pick for what they believe to be a franchise QB.

Stop reading reports. Who really cares about John Fox's feelings?

Vincent Jackson- Northern Colorado

Joe Flacco- Delaware

Walter Payton- Jackson St.

Jerry Rice- Mississippi Valley St.

Richard Dent- Tennessee St.

Tony Romo- Eastern Illinois

Michael Turner- Northern Illinois

Steve McNair- Alcorn St.

Matt Forte- Tulane

Deacon Jones- Mississippi Valley St.

Who really cares where you go to school? Great players are found from every level. Cutler, Grossman, Steltz, Orton, etc all played in big-time conferences. How did they work out?

Also, the Blackhawks were the best team in the west and got swept by a team who had 2 less regulation wins. They didn't go from great on April 1 to too old on April 13. They got beat by a good team.

Does your pu$$y always bleed like this?

Wow completely uncalled for.

And who cares about John Fox? Well he is the Bears coach and he is going to have much more impact on Trubisky's development than Pace or you, so id venture to say that most people who care about the Bears probably care what Fox thinks about the QB who he is responsible for helping to groom...

But those $$ really made your post much classier.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 2, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
Wow completely uncalled for.

And who cares about John Fox? Well he is the Bears coach and he is going to have much more impact on Trubisky's development than Pace or you, so id venture to say that most people who care about the Bears probably care what Fox thinks about the QB who he is responsible for helping to groom...

But those $$ really made your post much classier.

You shouldn't care about Fox. He might be gone after week 8. He's definitely gone after week 17. He will have almost no impact on MT's development.

I am so sick of people being upset about the Bears just because it's cool thing to do. Find another team then. They identified a guy who they think can put an end to a disgusting trail of QB's and we're mad. They tried to build around him but we're mad because they went to Ashland, Kutztown and NC A&T. Who gives a f***?

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 2, 2017 -> 02:30 PM)
You shouldn't care about Fox. He might be gone after week 8. He's definitely gone after week 17. He will have almost no impact on MT's development.

I am so sick of people being upset about the Bears just because it's cool thing to do. Find another team then. They identified a guy who they think can put an end to a disgusting trail of QB's and we're mad. They tried to build around him but we're mad because they went to Ashland, Kutztown and NC A&T. Who gives a f***?

Why should everyone sit quietly and give the Bears the benefit of the doubt? Since the Super Bowl 10 seasons ago, they have made the playoffs once, which is right in the bottom of the NFL, mostly due to the s***ty GM hires of the ownership.

They took a chance on a young GM. He has made some good moves, but the team has a long way to go and some moves he has made can be questioned, I don't think he has earned anything to not be criticized. And I'm happy they finally took a chance on a QB, but recent first-round QB have had about a 20-25% hit rate on being franchise QBs, so nobody is out of the woods yet.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 2, 2017 -> 02:30 PM)

The rage is strong in this one.

If Fox is going to be gone, then what is the point of having him as a coach this year? Wouldnt it have been smarter to fire Fox, then hire a coach and then get that coach's input on the QB that they would eventually groom?

I dont even know where to begin with the rest of your statements. NFL rookie contract is generally 4 years, if Fox is HC for 1 year, thats 25% of the contract. Im not sure that is "no impact." Not to mention hell have to learn Fox's scheme and then next year learn a new scheme. Again, I dont know if thats "no impact."

As to the rest, thats your opinion. We are on a message board, people are entitled to have whatever opinion they want. But there is no reason to rage about some one else disagreeing with your opinion. A few years from now we can all look back and see who is right or wrong.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 2, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
The rage is strong in this one.

If Fox is going to be gone, then what is the point of having him as a coach this year? Wouldnt it have been smarter to fire Fox, then hire a coach and then get that coach's input on the QB that they would eventually groom?

I dont even know where to begin with the rest of your statements. NFL rookie contract is generally 4 years, if Fox is HC for 1 year, thats 25% of the contract. Im not sure that is "no impact." Not to mention hell have to learn Fox's scheme and then next year learn a new scheme. Again, I dont know if thats "no impact."

As to the rest, thats your opinion. We are on a message board, people are entitled to have whatever opinion they want. But there is no reason to rage about some one else disagreeing with your opinion. A few years from now we can all look back and see who is right or wrong.

I really appreciate that you have kept this attitude as there has been a lot of back and forth in this thread here lately.

Would love to add a healthy Jaye Howard.

One more thought.

Through all this the bears gave up too much to trade up talk, I feel like a lot of the same people who say they could have used those picks on defense are also completely dismissing Bullard, Bush, and Hall. Those are 3 guys the bears drafted in the 3rd and 4th round last year.