Official Arch Madness Thread

Rowand44

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2017 -> 06:27 PM)
We say the same thing every year and usually fail but I agree. ISU seems vulnerable and I'd love to end their NCAA dreams.

We always fail ha. I'm not predicting we make it to the finals but we've played ISU tough both times. We definitely can't beat Wichita though so nice to be on IlSU's side of the bracket.

Starts tonight. Even with us being hot garbage for the last decade now this is still one of my favorite things to go to every year. If we can't win it, I'll cheer for the IlSU over WSU in a close game final to at least have a chance to get 2 teams in.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 2, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)
Starts tonight. Even with us being hot garbage for the last decade now this is still one of my favorite things to go to every year. If we can't win it, I'll cheer for the IlSU over WSU in a close game final to at least have a chance to get 2 teams in.

Conference was trash this year. We don't deserve two teams and I hate IlSt. I'm right.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 2, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
Conference was trash this year. We don't deserve two teams and I hate IlSt. I'm right.

The conference was trash, Illinois State and Wichita State aren't trash. You can obviously hate ISU if you want but I always root for the conference and personally have no reason to hate ISU.

• 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 03:19 PM)
He's despised, Greg. No other way to put it.

Damn. I did not know that. I guess the extension he signed would put the Saluki administration in a bind if they wanted to try somebody new before his contract runs out. How's his recruiting for next season?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:38 PM)
Damn. I did not know that. I guess the extension he signed would put the Saluki administration in a bind if they wanted to try somebody new before his contract runs out. How's his recruiting for next season?

His recruiting has been terrible. The top guy of the class decommitted and went to prep school instead.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 07:26 AM)
His recruiting has been terrible. The top guy of the class decommitted and went to prep school instead.

And if I am not mistaken, the ONLY recruit from that signing period

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 11:23 AM)
No way in hell SLU would leave the A10 for the MVC.

I doubt it either but it would be easier travel for their athletic programs to play in the MVC. They would also have the tournament at home every year. MVC pretty much runs out of St. Louis for the most part (they are meeting there to discuss where to move forward from here).