Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 02:12 PM)
This I am in agreement with. Given their quotes this offseason, it seemed their mentality leaned towards comfort in going into the season with their current rotation, but McCullers has been injury prone, Morton has been injury prone, and McHugh is out now. They have talented pitchers, but talented pitchers don't always come up and pitch well right away. Look no further than the AL Central - Giolito struggled last year, Berrios was a train wreck, and Bauer hasn't lived up to his prospect status either.

I could see this heating up even before June, as long as Quintana is his normal self.

I hope you are correct. Works to the Sox advantage for Luhnow to become desperate early in the season before there's a chance of Archer hitting the market. I don't wish anything bad on anyone but if the Astros rotation turns out to be as shaky as has been speculated all winter, the Astros situation will play into Hahn's hand perfectly. Just need Q to be Q and everything will be in place.

Full Count video: Next Cuban phenom; items on #Rockies, #Mariners, #Orioles.... https://t.co/R88r71Zt0A

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/850828497635475460

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/video/917049923594

Rosenthal talks that maybe the Rockies could get in on Quintana. Says they have the minors and also players on the big league roster to entice

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

Here is what I hope for going forward:

AL East: Red Sox struggle and Yankees perform well. This allows Cashman to justify aelling the farm. Rays doing well prevents them from selling off.

AL Central: Tigers stay in the race, dont sell off Verlander or Zimmerman.

AL West: Houston struggles, pitching implodes. Angels overperform and Texas gets its s*** together.

NL East: Braves, Phillies and Marlins to win games and not challenge us for a higher pick.

NL Central: Pirates challenge for a WC spot. Brewers and Reds to win games so we get a higher pick.

NL West: Rockies tear it up. Padres get lucky on a lot of games.

For the Sox, I want our guys to perform well.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 10:55 PM)
Here is what I hope for going forward:

AL East: Red Sox struggle and Yankees perform well. This allows Cashman to justify aelling the farm. Rays doing well prevents them from selling off.

AL West: Houston struggles, pitching implodes. Angels overperform and Texas gets its s*** together.

NL East: Braves, Phillies and Marlins to win games and not challenge us for a higher pick.

NL Central: Pirates challenge for a WC spot. Brewers and Reds to win games so we get a higher pick.

For the Sox, I want our guys to perform well.

Also, closer/bullpen implosions around the league.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 08:09 PM)
Full Count video: Next Cuban phenom; items on #Rockies, #Mariners, #Orioles.... https://t.co/R88r71Zt0A

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/850828497635475460

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/video/917049923594

Rosenthal talks that maybe the Rockies could get in on Quintana. Says they have the minors and also players on the big league roster to entice

This is what I've wanted. Keep winning Rockies.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 9, 2017 -> 09:02 AM)
This is what I've wanted. Keep winning Rockies.

Would be fitting if the Rockies (Coors) jumped in to help the Sox with their Beer run by trading Pint as part of a package for Q. All that's left is to draft Beer next year. :D

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 9, 2017 -> 11:40 AM)
Would be fitting if the Rockies (Coors) jumped in to help the Sox with their Beer run by trading Pint as part of a package for Q. All that's left is to draft Beer next year. :D

Marketing would be too easy. All you would need after that is to land Burger somehow

I'm not worried about Q - there will be a market for him. But I'm looking at markets for the other guys (1/2 the pen, Frazier, Melky, maybe Holland/Gonzalez) all of whom need to get moved and might bring some value.

Want the Royals to stay in the race as well; they would flood the market with supply if they are out of it.

Need the Cards to be in the race, but with the still gaping hole at 3rd. And pray Frazier has something left this year.

The Giants have big issues at bullpen and outfield that we could help. Need them to stay in the race, but with those issues still outstanding. I have my doubts though - Giants and Rangers were my flop picks for this year.

Edited by GreenSox

I've heard whispers he may be available by the trade deadline. From my sources losing the first two starts have tempered interests in a few possibly contending team. Teams that were interested do want to acquire the southpaw from southern hemisphere and are now quietly rooting for the young man to have an inflated era in the hopes they can somehow get a better deal.

Basically Q is going to be awful for us because it is simply impossible for him to care when he knows he's getting traded and it completely effects his entire psyche. Hahn's a ballbreaker and l think he'd rather sit on Q before taking a penny less than his preseason asking price.

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Apr 9, 2017 -> 11:45 PM)
I've heard whispers he may be available by the trade deadline. From my sources losing the first two starts have tempered interests in a few possibly contending team. Teams that were interested do want to acquire the southpaw from southern hemisphere and are now quietly rooting for the young man to have an inflated era in the hopes they can somehow get a better deal.

Basically Q is going to be awful for us because it is simply impossible for him to care when he knows he's getting traded and it completely effects his entire psyche. Hahn's a ballbreaker and l think he'd rather sit on Q before taking a penny less than his preseason asking price.

:unsure:

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Apr 9, 2017 -> 10:45 PM)

He'll be going to a playoff team it's not like we're shipping him off to a bad situation.

Okay...

Dude. He's a professional baseball player. He can handle it.

I think I sense sarcasm (I hope...).