Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)
Boston did not acquire Pomerania thinking he was a 4/5 starter, they gave up a big time pitching prospect to get him.

He's also a pretty cute little dog... that counts for something.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2017 -> 07:26 PM)
I don't see KC trading Duffy. Maybe naive but I think that org will try to hunker down with what they have.

Duffy signed a 5 year extension with them. My guess is that they sign Hosmer and let Cain, Moustakas, and Escobar walk or trade them at the deadline. Cain would be a big addition for someone.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 08:35 AM)
Duffy signed a 5 year extension with them. My guess is that they sign Hosmer and let Cain, Moustakas, and Escobar walk or trade them at the deadline. Cain would be a big addition for someone.

Cain is a really good player, but I'd be hesitant to sign a player who will be 32 years old next April to a long term deal

He likely has a couple quality seasons left before he goes into decline and it's generally not worth paying top dollar for that

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
Cain is a really good player, but I'd be hesitant to sign a player who will be 32 years old next April to a long term deal

He likely has a couple quality seasons left before he goes into decline and it's generally not worth paying top dollar for that

I meant that he'd someone this year as a rental.

Cain is the type of player whose skillset doesn't age well anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
Cain is the type of player whose skillset doesn't age well anyway.

I thought it was obvious he was referring to Cain as just a rental piece.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
So would Avi Garcia. :)

I think Avi has been great and I am really happy for him. He has put in a lot of work and it seems to be paying off greatly. I was one of his stronger supporters until about the middle of last season when I gave up on him.

With that being said I dont think Avi will ever be a really strong trade piece unless he is going to stay among the league leaders offensively. He is just way too much of a liability in the outfield and unless he is producing consistent elite level offensive numbers his value will level out because he is atrocious defensively.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
Pittsburgh most likely isn't a playoff team without Marte and no Kang. Plus even if the make the playoffs, Marte would be ineligible.

Meadows was never on the table for Quintana as far as we know. If he was I would imagine a deal could be made

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704212...-about-for-2017

This article suggests Martes is untouchable to the Astros, but that Musgrove, Tucker, Paulino + could be a possible structure. I personally do not think that gets it done.

Paulino has flashed plus stuff, but has had quite a bit of trouble staying healthy

Tucker is a good prospect who we could use

Musgrove I like, but he as well has had injury issues creep up which have limited his innings

The final piece would have to be substantial in order for it to be entertained

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 03:40 PM)
Meadows was never on the table for Quintana as far as we know. If he was I would imagine a deal could be made

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2704212...-about-for-2017

This article suggests Martes is untouchable to the Astros, but that Musgrove, Tucker, Paulino + could be a possible structure. I personally do not think that gets it done.

Paulino has flashed plus stuff, but has had quite a bit of trouble staying healthy

Tucker is a good prospect who we could use

Musgrove I like, but he as well has had injury issues creep up which have limited his innings

The final piece would have to be substantial in order for it to be entertained

Paulino is too injury prone. I think he's even injured now. Give me Tucker, Reed, Perez, Whitley

QUOTE (striker @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 03:46 PM)
Paulino is too injury prone. I think he's even injured now. Give me Tucker, Reed, Perez, Whitley

That would be a tremendous prospect haul

If our ask was Musgrove + Tucker + Martes and they balked, I can't see us lowering our sights too much beyond that

That is a depth package I could get behind

Should we be concerned that the pirates front office calls it a season and emerges as a massive seller at the deadline? The kang thing was bad but maybe even making them to want to buy more to stay in the WC race. But with marte being out too they might realize they are too far away and do a sale at the deadline.

QUOTE (GermanSock @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
Should we be concerned that the pirates front office calls it a season and emerges as a massive seller at the deadline? The kang thing was bad but maybe even making them to want to buy more to stay in the WC race. But with marte being out too they might realize they are too far away and do a sale at the deadline.

As far as I'm concerned the terrible starts of blue jays, cards, mariners and cards is all bad news. But the season is young, and they were all likely wildcard teams to start.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
As far as I'm concerned the terrible starts of blue jays, cards, mariners and cards is all bad news. But the season is young, and they were all likely wildcard teams to start.

It's way too soon to judge a hot or cold start

No playoff spots are determined in April, let alone May

No team is buying or selling right now

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 18, 2017 -> 09:06 PM)
I am actually wondering if the Pirates knew Marte was either on PEDS or had been tested for it during the offseason and that is why they were so unwilling to make a trade.

He tested positive during ST, I imagine the team knew.