Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 12:32 PM)

I don't think his trade value has changed all that much. Contending teams will still have to pay a premium for the 3 1/2 seasons of relatively cheap control over Quintana compared with the high cost of quality free agent starting pitching.

I would not expect a Chris Sale level return, but I also would not accept significantly less. A deal along the lines of the return from the Eaton deal (not necessarily pitching) seems realistic.

Potential buyers right now: Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Indians, Astros, Nationals, Brewers, Cardinals, Cubs, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Dodgers

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 12:55 PM)
I don't think his trade value has changed all that much. Contending teams will still have to pay a premium for the 3 1/2 seasons of relatively cheap control over Quintana compared with the high cost of quality free agent starting pitching.

I would not expect a Chris Sale level return, but I also would not accept significantly less. A deal along the lines of the return from the Eaton deal (not necessarily pitching) seems realistic.

Potential buyers right now: Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Indians, Astros, Nationals, Brewers, Cardinals, Cubs, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Dodgers

The only potential buyers that have nothing to offer for Q are the O's & D-backs those systems are beyond thin.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
The only potential buyers that have nothing to offer for Q are the O's & D-backs those systems are beyond thin.

I was trying to show potential buyers as of June 2nd in general, not necessarily for Quintana only.

Even thin farms can find creative ways to swing deals for useful pieces, i.e. relief help?

QUOTE (budgie23 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 09:29 PM)
If Q can pitch well the next 2 months, I think he will get traded to the Brewers - deal built around Brinson.

I could see that Brinson and Hader make a lot of sense, I could see the rockies wanting to push a fair amount of low level talent in as well.

Not only does Q suck, and Hahn should have taken whatever to trade him, another great reminder, Q sucks and Hahn should take whatever he can to trade him........

Edited by La Marr Hoyt HOF

QUOTE (budgie23 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 09:29 PM)
If Q can pitch well the next 2 months, I think he will get traded to the Brewers - deal built around Brinson.

Why would the Brewers give up Top Rated Brinson for Q?

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 11:13 PM)
Not only does Q suck, and Hahn should have taken whatever to trade him, another great reminder, Q sucks and Hahn should take whatever he can to trade him........

What is this post?

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 10:48 PM)
I could see that Brinson and Hader make a lot of sense, I could see the rockies wanting to push a fair amount of low level talent in as well.

I like brinson, but hader has struggled with command pretty badly so far this season. He also has given up an alarming 14 home runs in 50 innings.

I don't see the Brewers being willing to blow up their farm this season, despite being in contention for now.

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 05:52 PM)
No big velocity drop

But they said during the Boston gane that his velocity drop over the last few games is 1.5--(93 to 91.5. ). Not a lot but a drop.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 06:59 AM)
Why would the Brewers give up Top Rated Brinson for Q?

They wouldn't- not just because they love Brinson, but because the Brewers won't be buyers this year...at least not for as anyone as significant as Q.

I live in the Milwaukee area and head down to spring training every year to catch the WSox, but see a lot of the Brewers behind the scenes at their practices w/my dad.

Don't believe anything you may hear- the Brewers would still sell if they were in 1st at the deadline if they could. The Crew knows they're more than a Q away from actually hanging all year with the Cards & Cubs...not only does their rotation have future problems, but that bullpen has played above their heads at times (much like ours) and the Crew know this.

With that being said, just for entertainment purposes...the Crew could totally get a deal done for Q w/o Brinson and probably even w/o Hader (although Hader has been terrible this year...hes still an arm you'd really want). Diaz, Ortiz, Phillips and a lottery ticket for me would work. I understand a lot of people here would want more for Q...but Isan Diaz is really underrated. I believe him to be a better prospect than Brinson is...at least with the stick...guy is a middle infielder and may have a middle o the order bat in the bigs.

Edited by rockren

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 04:58 AM)
They wouldn't- not just because they love Brinson, but because the Brewers won't be buyers this year...at least not for as anyone as significant as Q.

I live in the Milwaukee area and head down to spring training every year to catch the WSox, but see a lot of the Brewers behind the scenes at their practices w/my dad.

Don't believe anything you may hear- the Brewers would still sell if they were in 1st at the deadline if they could. The Crew knows they're more than a Q away from actually hanging all year with the Cards & Cubs...not only does their rotation have future problems, but that bullpen has played above their heads at times (much like ours) and the Crew know this.

With that being said, just for entertainment purposes...the Crew could totally get a deal done for Q w/o Brinson and probably even w/o Hader (although Hader has been terrible this year...hes still an arm you'd really want). Diaz, Ortiz, Phillips and a lottery ticket for me would work. I understand a lot of people here would want more for Q...but Isan Diaz is really underrated. I believe him to be a better prospect than Brinson is...at least with the stick...guy is a middle infielder and may have a middle o the order bat in the bigs.

If the pricetag for Quintana were at the level you suggest then 1/2 the league would be calling the White Sox. I'm not knocking Diaz, Phillips or Ortiz, but I would expect 3 1/2 cheap seasons of a proven starter to return us a bit more than that.

Feels weird to me that this thread is still going so strong. Nobody is going to want Q and his nearly 6 ERA fore their playoff run at this point. Maybe if he has the best 6 week stretch of his career leading up to the trading deadline... that might entice a contender to bite. But otherwise, we're highly likely to keep Q in to the off-season. And at that point he's probably more movable, because teams start thinking more longterm, than just for the moment. And teams would probbaly feel it eas just an off year and he's still got a great contract situation.

QUOTE (rockren @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 04:58 AM)

I can't believe that would come anywhere close to getting deal done based on the leaks from the winter that Hahn was looking for orgs top three prospects, especially with a Milwaukee system that is not all that good due to a pattern of reaching at high ceilings that haven't developed. Ray/Hader/Gatewood/ and Meideros. That provides a combination of proximity along with some high(ish) ceilings and doesn't affect Milwaukee's ability to compete over the short term as none of the players are in their immediate plans.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 02:41 PM)
I can't believe that would come anywhere close to getting deal done based on the leaks from the winter that Hahn was looking for orgs top three prospects, especially with a Milwaukee system that is not all that good due to a pattern of reaching at high ceilings that haven't developed. Ray/Hader/Gatewood/ and Meideros. That provides a combination of proximity along with some high(ish) ceilings and doesn't affect Milwaukee's ability to compete over the short term as none of the players are in their immediate plans.

Agreed. The sample Brewers deal would be selling ourselves very short on Quintana.

That, and the fact that the Brewers are not going to make such a splashy move and deplete their farm.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 5, 2017 -> 03:07 PM)
Agreed. The sample Brewers deal would be selling ourselves very short on Quintana.

That, and the fact that the Brewers are not going to make such a splashy move and deplete their farm.

I'm not writing Quintana off after a very bad 2 months, but he needs an equally strong 2 months to re-emerge as the top pitcher on the market come July else there's no sense in moving him until he has rebounded.

Question on Rodon for the larger group. If he comes back to pitch this season (and he is on track too by all reports) and show his top of the rotation type stuff consistently, do the White Sox trade him in the off-season? He's a Boras agent and the clock is ticking. If the White Sox are good in 2-3 years from now, isn't he a free agent after another year or two beyond that? Does it make sense to keep a guy around who has little chance on being here beyond his rookie/arbitration years?