Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 12:46 PM)
I like Maitan better because of his chance to play 3rd base.

I do too, but with how he hasn't taken a professional at bat yet. I also really like that Albies is considered a leader and is willing to do whatever the team asks. I love those kind of guys.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
Anytime you get a Miguel Cabrera comparison, you have my attention.

I like what Albies brings to the table in terms of leadership and hard work

He might never hit for much power, but will field really well, is a plus runner, plus arm and plus hit tool

His mlb comparison is likely Jose Altuve with less power, but perhaps an even better fielder

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 02:40 PM)
I like what Albies brings to the table in terms of leadership and hard work

He might never hit for much power, but will field really well, is a plus runner, plus arm and plus hit tool

His mlb comparison is likely Jose Altuve with less power, but perhaps an even better fielder

My ears perk up when the accolades of a young prospect are so high on makeup and baseball acumen. Look how much Saladino has been able to accomplish with little talent but great feel and IQ.

The way they write about Albies he just seems like the guy that will always make the right play, always take the extra base. Stuff like that adds up. Players like that age well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 02:10 PM)
My ears perk up when the accolades of a young prospect are so high on makeup and baseball acumen. Look how much Saladino has been able to accomplish with little talent but great feel and IQ.

The way they write about Albies he just seems like the guy that will always make the right play, always take the extra base. Stuff like that adds up. Players like that age well.

Albies is very underrated for a top 15 prospect in my opinion

He's only 20 years old and has already made it to AAA

It's scary to think what a few more seasons of development could bring. High baseball IQ, great glove, great arm, plus bat, plus run. If he had league average power or better you could make the case for him being the best prospect in baseball

Sox fans would love this guy in our system

Scouting grades: Hit: 65 | Power: 30 | Run: 70 | Arm: 55 | Field: 65 | Overall: 60

That right there is a franchise player^

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 03:39 PM)
Albies is very underrated for a top 15 prospect in my opinion

He's only 20 years old and has already made it to AAA

It's scary to think what a few more seasons of development could bring. High baseball IQ, great glove, great arm, plus bat, plus run. If he had league average power or better you could make the case for him being the best prospect in baseball

Sox fans would love this guy in our system

Scouting grades: Hit: 65 | Power: 30 | Run: 70 | Arm: 55 | Field: 65 | Overall: 60

That right there is a franchise player^

Another full year in the minors and who knows, maybe he could be the #1 prospect (with other guys on the list moving to the big leagues).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 17, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
Another full year in the minors and who knows, maybe he could be the #1 prospect (with other guys on the list moving to the big leagues).

I think he can easily be called up this season. I would be very happy with him as the center piece of a Q trade.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
Peter Gammons @pgammo

now

White Sox scout asked by another scout why he was at Astros-Marlins game. "always a guy named Quintana, he laughed. Yes, 'Stros still trying

Try harder, Stros.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
Peter Gammons @pgammo

now

White Sox scout asked by another scout why he was at Astros-Marlins game. "always a guy named Quintana, he laughed. Yes, 'Stros still trying

A couple interesting prospects played, but not many of their tops guys. I still don't think the Sox accept a deal without both Martes & Tucker.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 06:49 PM)
Sources: It's status quo with Jose Quintana for now, but he could be moved by the White Sox at any time. The latest: https://t.co/xE6BUB1iiV

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/844362919559249921

In the meantime, the White Sox understand they dictate the terms, and they’re in as powerful a position as any team in recent memory. Quintana can go now, go in July, go in the offseason, and so long as he stays his consistent self, his value will remain stratospheric. One team will pay for it. It’s simply a matter of when.

I like that.

Jim Bowden @JimBowden_ESPN

6m

#WhiteSox continue to work hard on Jose Quintana trade that could happen before opening day with Astros & Braves appear best possibilities

Jim Bowden @JimBowden_ESPN

20s

A potential #WhiteSox #Astros deal would be centered around a package of both Frances Martes and Kyle Tucker. However, nothing close.

Edited by Sleepy Harold