Final Four

Heads22

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:20 PM)
Really think college should go to 6 fouls.

1 or 2 touch fouls can basically change an entire game.

More helpful would be refs that aren't completely incompetent.

If this game has a great ending I don't want to hear anyone call it a great game or a classic. This game has featured horrendous offense from both teams, some of the worst shots and passes you will ever seen and remarkably terrible officiating. If I didn't have money on it I would have turned it off.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:27 PM)
More helpful would be refs that aren't completely incompetent.

If this game has a great ending I don't want to hear anyone call it a great game or a classic. This game has featured horrendous offense from both teams, some of the worst shots and passes you will ever seen and remarkably terrible officiating. If I didn't have money on it I would have turned it off.

They are college refs, you see odd calls all the time.

IE

Right there Meeks hand was out bounds and he touched the ball...

Well, that was a clunker for everyone but UNC fans. They are slightly less annoying than Duke and Kentucky fans, so there's that.

If you go back to 80's and 90's, seems like almost all of those Tar Heel teams were much more talented. Not even sure J. Jackson ever becomes more than a nice sixth man in the NBA.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:55 PM)
If you go back to 80's and 90's, seems like almost all of those Tar Heel teams were much more talented. Not even sure J. Jackson ever becomes more than a nice sixth man in the NBA.

Roy Williams has never coached a player who became an all star in the NBA. That's pretty incredible.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 05:14 AM)
Paul Pierce?

But he did coach Bulls fan favorite Kirk Hinrich who put up some good career numbers with Da Bulls. UNC has always had its way in recruiting. The Heels don't get necessarily the top 5 guys (though there are exceptions of course like Hansbrough and others) but they have their niche areas where top 30 players commit to them seemingly without much recruiting work. Roy made it so much easier on himself going to UNC where he's recruited effortlessly compared to KU where he signed a ton of great players but had to sweat out so many recruiting battles. Just my take.

Tonight's game. Heels kept it close, never fell too far behind despite some bad shooting numbers, then BOOM, the 9-2 to end the game after the final tv time out. Game, set, match. Not a great game; refs seemed to dominate first 13 minutes of the second half. U all agree or ? Zags had a good team, just got hit by a train the final 2 mins IMO.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:02 PM)
Roy Williams has never coached a player who became an all star in the NBA. That's pretty incredible.

I think that must have been Self at KU....who this June will send his 11th lottery pick to the NBA.

He did coach Deron Williams at Illinois, fwiw.

Maybe they meant in the end Pierce left school when Self had already taken over KU?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/where-does-20...WQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Where does this UNC team rank among Williams' beet Tar Heel squads?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 11:42 PM)
But he did coach Bulls fan favorite Kirk Hinrich who put up some good career numbers with Da Bulls. UNC has always had its way in recruiting. The Heels don't get necessarily the top 5 guys (though there are exceptions of course like Hansbrough and others) but they have their niche areas where top 30 players commit to them seemingly without much recruiting work. Roy made it so much easier on himself going to UNC where he's recruited effortlessly compared to KU where he signed a ton of great players but had to sweat out so many recruiting battles. Just my take.

Tonight's game. Heels kept it close, never fell too far behind despite some bad shooting numbers, then BOOM, the 9-2 to end the game after the final tv time out. Game, set, match. Not a great game; refs seemed to dominate first 13 minutes of the second half. U all agree or ? Zags had a good team, just got hit by a train the final 2 mins IMO.

UNC probably has a better team but they were the beneficiaries of a blown call with Meeks out of bounds which ended up being a jump ball in favor of UNC. Not saying Gonzaga would've won, but bring down 1 with a 1:15 is obviously better than being down 3 with 50 seconds to go. Had the ref who was 2 feet away from this play actually saw this and called it correctly, there probably wouldn't have been a 9-2 run. Just my view.