Lopez/Giolito/Kopech/Moncada/Fulmer sent down

southsider2k5

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daggins @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 06:59 PM)
Q

Rodon

MiGo

Shields

Holland

I think I heard some reporters saying they wanted Rodon to be the 5th day starter. If that's the case and I heard right, then i think Rodon would go to the bottom and it will be Q, MiGo, Shields, Holland, Rodon. Really, does it matter the order they put the rotation in after Q? lol.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 06:31 PM)
I think I heard some reporters saying they wanted Rodon to be the 5th day starter. If that's the case and I heard right, then i think Rodon would go to the bottom and it will be Q, MiGo, Shields, Holland, Rodon. Really, does it matter the order they put the rotation in after Q? lol.

Probably switch Shields and Holland so they go L,R, L,R,L

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 05:16 PM)
According to beat writers, he showed a commitment to a routine and approach despite the bad start. That's a very encouraging sign, usually when players struggle they start to tinker and end up making things worse. The fact he did that bodes well for his development going forward

Gordon Beckham has to be the poster child for this.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 12:11 AM)
Shields also was facing all the regulars of the Rangers lineup. In the 4th he K'd Choo, Beltre and Odor . 3 hits, 1 BB, 6 K

This was really nice to see. Typically in spring training the hitters are ahead of pitchers. I would be really curious if anyone got velocity readings from Shields.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Mar 21, 2017 -> 06:31 PM)

That would make 3 lefties in a row.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 08:15 AM)
It would be a big deal, but all three of them are very different pitchers.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 08:15 AM)
That doesn't really matter in a tank year.

Plus there's always the chance that 1 doesn't pitch in the same series as the other 2.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 08:19 AM)
Plus there's always the chance that 1 doesn't pitch in the same series as the other 2.

Not to mention that just because we start the season this way, doesn't mean that doesn't quickly get shuffled as someone gets skipped, moved, etc.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 09:58 AM)
Is there any evidence out there that says throwing 3 lefties in a row matters at all? Or is it just one of those weird baseball things that people think matters?

It is really just about giving batters a different look.