POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:14 AM)
Well, this should be interesting. My worst nightmare would be to get all the way down there just to have them move it to tomorrow.

Considering how much lead time they had, it should have been moved to Tuesday regardless. This will be another Sox fail.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:20 AM)
Considering how much lead time they had, it should have been moved to Tuesday regardless. This will be another Sox fail.

Well I'm sure a lot of people can't get Tueday off, at least I know my entire group can't. So for us, any chance of getting this game in today is preferred, even if it results in a last-minute postponement.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:24 AM)
Well I'm sure a lot of people can't get Tueday off, at least I know my entire group can't. So for us, any chance of getting this game in today is preferred, even if it results in a last-minute postponement.

Same. If the game gets canceled oh well. I want to tailgate and have fun with my friends, something that wouldn't have happened tomorrow.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 08:37 AM)
the bottom 4 in the lineup is probably the worst in the majors

oh my goodness nevermind. I just looked at the padres lineup.

Tigers aren't much better:

Mikie Mahtook® RF

James McCann® C

JaCoby Jones® CF

Jose Iglesias® SS

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 08:37 AM)
the bottom 4 in the lineup is probably the worst in the majors

oh my goodness nevermind. I just looked at the padres lineup.

Every time this year someone says, "the White Sox _____ is the worst in the MLB", just mention the Padres and they'll take it back.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
Tickets are as low as $6 currently...really tempted to go.

Opening day/home opener is always fun (except for 2015). If you can get off work you should do it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 09:36 AM)
Opening day/home opener is always fun (except for 2015). If you can get off work you should do it.

Me and a few guys from the office are thinking about leaving early. Depends on if they are dicks and make me put in PTO for it. I'd rather just leave here at 2:00, take the train to get there like 30 mins before the game and just stay late/come in early rest of the week.