POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they didn't want to play in this weather they should've called it this morning. Everyone and their mother knew this is what the weather was going to be like.

Classless move by an organization that's quickly falling out of this cities mind. Maybe rightfully so.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
If they didn't want to play in this weather they should've called it this morning. Everyone and their mother knew this is what the weather was going to be like.

Classless move by an organization that's quickly falling out of this cities mind. Maybe rightfully so.

No one forced you to show up when the forecast was sh** all along. No sure what you expected. They obviously want to get the game in if possible on OD.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 05:15 PM)
No one forced you to show up when the forecast was sh** all along. No sure what you expected. They obviously want to get the game in if possible on OD.

as of now it looks like they wanted to get the paid promotion in more than play a ballgame.

Could change of course.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 03:15 PM)

Yes, because after paying $115/tkt, just "not showing up" is the logical choice.

I hate rain delays. I was at USCF a few years ago vs. the Yankees they didn't start the game because rain was supposed to be in the area. For the next 2.5 we waited for it to rain. Finally it did and then they cancelled it. Sold a lot of beer. Bu for 2.5 hours there was a rain delay featuring no rain.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)

Yeah because I can predict the future when buying tickets in early march.

The white sox however knew they were not willing to play in this weather and still didn't call it this morning. And now they're dicking me around when I still showed up and tailgated even with this forecast. First pitch should've been 70 minutes ago. A light drizzle is the most weve seen since then.

So no this isn't on me. It's on this worthless organization, and if I don't get a full refund for today plus a voucher for a free game I won't be spending my money here anymore, and I attend 15+ games a year.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:23 PM)

The white sox however knew they were not willing to play in this weather and still didn't call it this morning. And now they're dicking me around when I still showed up and tailgated even with this forecast. First pitch should've been 70 minutes ago. A light drizzle is the most weve seen since then.

So no this isn't on me. It's on this worthless organization, and if I don't get a full refund for today plus a voucher for a free game I won't be spending my money here anymore, and I attend 15+ games a year.

To be fair, you bought the tickets for a game in early April. You should know the weather sucks here.

It isn't anything new. This is one of the largest crowds they will have all year. They wanted to sell so,e concessions and parking. If they called it at 5 AM, they wouldn't have gotten nearly the crowd they have today, tomorrow.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)
I hate rain delays. I was at USCF a few years ago vs. the Yankees they didn't start the game because rain was supposed to be in the area. For the next 2.5 we waited for it to rain. Finally it did and then they cancelled it. Sold a lot of beer. Bu for 2.5 hours there was a rain delay featuring no rain.

I was also at that game. Handled very poorly.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)

This game could be official by now. Real bad organizational decision at this point stunningly bad actually. REO Speedwagon sang the national anthem ....that's the state of this piss poor organization right now.

Wasted $110 a seat for this.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
To be fair, you bought the tickets for a game in early April. You should know the weather sucks here.

To be fair I expect more from an organization. If they had called it this morning like they should've if they were not willing to play in a drizzle. I would've been fine.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:26 PM)
To be fair I expect more from an organization. If they had called it this morning like they should've if they were not willing to play in a drizzle. I would've been fine.

To be fair, they aren't the only organization that operates this way. Games are rarely called day before/early morning of.

Edited by soxfan2014

I am not saying it is on you, but the intent was to play the game today. With a day game, most people who attended had to get work off. If they called the game and rescheduled for tomorrow, a good chunk of the ticket holders wouldn't be there. Several posters have said as much today.

The situation sucks, and I wouldn't be thrilled if I were you either, but they were trying to do what was in the best interest of the majority. I understand the frustration, but not exactly sure what you would have preferred them to do.

Plus, for all we know, this game will still get played.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
This game could be official by now. Real bad organizational decision at this point stunningly bad actually. REO Speedwagon sang the national anthem ....that's the state of this piss poor organization right now.

Wasted $110 a seat for this.

Once they say the game is on, they're going to wait quite a while. They want you to see baseball because most of you can't come back tomorrow.