POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
Once they say the game is on, they're going to wait quite a while. They want you to see baseball because most of you can't come back tomorrow.

Most of us can't stick around until 8-9-10 tonight either.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
This game could be official by now. Real bad organizational decision at this point stunningly bad actually. REO Speedwagon sang the national anthem ....that's the state of this piss poor organization right now.

Wasted $110 a seat for this.

They will call it about the time they would have been done with the 7th inniing when beer sales end.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 02:02 PM)
Rick Renteria comes off as exceedingly competent.

It stood out immediately to me at spring training how much better of a manager Renteria is then Robin. So much more engaging, etc.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
To be fair, they aren't the only organization that operates this way. Games are rarely called day before/early morning of.

It's opening day. They leave a day off in their schedule literally for this reason.

There's an offday tomorrow for this reason.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 03:34 PM)
It's opening day. They leave a day off in their schedule literally for this reason.

There's an offday tomorrow for this reason.

Which would end up with 11,000 fans showing up, especially with unpredictable weather this time of year.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
I am not saying it is on you, but the intent was to play the game today. With a day game, most people who attended had to get work off. If they called the game and rescheduled for tomorrow, a good chunk of the ticket holders wouldn't be there. Several posters have said as much today.

The situation sucks, and I wouldn't be thrilled if I were you either, but they were trying to do what was in the best interest of the majority. I understand the frustration, but not exactly sure what you would have preferred them to do.

Plus, for all we know, this game will still get played.

The issue is the game should've started at 3:10'andnirs literally barely rained since. They knew this was the best weather they could've gotten. So if they're not playing in it or weren't willing too why not call it early and let the majority figure it out

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
sox brass in midseason form! Way to f*** over the fans.

They have been making this move for years. But only when it is going to be a big crowd. If they were expecting 11k, this game would have been called by noon.