POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017

I'm so mad I started breaking my rule about never going to baseball in April last few years. Not only is the weather s***, but the whole stadium from security to vendors have no idea what's going on. Even if you get a half decent day you'll be in line for four innings.

I'm done with opening day. This was an awful experience. Honestly felt used by the end of it.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's zero tickets listed on stubhub for tomorrow's game and now my tickets for it will not validate when I try to upload them, assuming that's the issue. Thanks white sox. Now I can't even get any more for them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:21 PM)
I'm so mad I started breaking my rule about never going to baseball in April last few years. Not only is the weather s***, but the whole stadium from security to vendors have no idea what's going on. Even if you get a half decent day you'll be in line for four innings.

I'm done with opening day. This was an awful experience. Honestly felt used by the end of it.

Yeah I only break my rule of not going to games in April if its an afternoon game on a Saturday with the sun out.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:12 PM)
I'll say it one more time. Looking at the forecast yesterday and this morning the weather the sox got from 3-6 today is the absolute best they could've hoped for. Yesterday storms were predicted during that slot, this morning just rain. They ended up with no rain/drizzle for 2 hours and light rain after that. If they didn't want to play in it then they should've called the game yesterday or this morning. Instead they got every fan there and got the absolute best weather they could've hoped for and still called it.

s***ty move by a s***ty organization. I'm so glad I can trade my premium ticket for a non premium ticket though.

Edit: and its not like you couldn't foresee this, at 2:30 there was barely any rain and the radar showed a huge window to get the game in.

Technically you still get your premium ticket for tomorrow's game. And then you get a non premium ticket to an additional game for your trouble.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:33 PM)
There's zero tickets listed on stubhub for tomorrow's game and now my tickets for it will not validate when I try to upload them, assuming that's the issue. Thanks white sox. Now I can't even get any more for them.

Craigslist

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:38 PM)
Technically you still get your premium ticket for tomorrow's game. And then you get a non premium ticket to an additional game for your trouble.

I don't envy you these days, Brooks but thanks for posting.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:38 PM)

Lol. I can't make it tomorrow and I can get a non premium ticket for half of what I paid today on stubhub to any game later this season. Plus the 20 bucks I paid in parking. So it's not a deal at all. Not even close.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:57 PM)
Lol. I can't make it tomorrow and I can get a non premium ticket for half of what I paid today on stubhub to any game later this season. Plus the 20 bucks I paid in parking. So it's not a deal at all. Not even close.

Yet you wanted them to postpone the game this morning, and reschedule for tomorrow, even tho you still wouldn't have been able to go to the make up tomorrow? Me thinks you would have been mad no matter what happened.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)
Yet you wanted them to postpone the game this morning, and reschedule for tomorrow, even tho you still wouldn't have been able to go to the make up tomorrow? Me thinks you would have been mad no matter what happened.

Well I'm sure for some people, like me, had they postponed early this morning I could have switched up my half day to make the game. Instead I took a half day to drink a beer in a crowded hallway while soaking wet and not watch a baseballl game. Great experience. But hey I have a voucher! Yayyy

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)

I'm mad they got the weather they needed to play and didn't. If It poured rain all day I would've understood.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:11 PM)
Thanks white sox for downgrading my premium game seats to a non premium game seat.

That's really inexcusable, except you do get to go to Opening Day if you want, right?

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:49 PM)
Sox fans should want the Royals to be good this season. But we also want the Twins to be slightly better than the Sox.

Please don't speak for Sox fans. I want the Royals to stink when they play the Sox at least. I'd like to go 13-6 against them. And I want the Sox to be better than the Twins as well.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 11:32 PM)
I worked from 3am to 12pm to catch this game. They could've called and rescheduled it over the weekend. Inexcusable

Sad. I really truly feel the Sox brass should sign up for this board and contact people with stories such as yours. You are the type of fan they don't want to insult, or shouldn't want to. You should be personally contacted and given a special couple seats for a meaningless June game. Seriously. Why offend great fans like you?

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 12:21 AM)

Again, I feel you should be personally contacted by the Sox. s***, there can't be that many Sox message boards. And the Sox should fricking care who their great fans are and make good with them.

I read the thread last night and tons of you were calling for unplayable weather today. Shoulda postponed it at 9 a.m. or 8 a.m.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 08:11 PM)
Might be the longest game thread of the year ...without a game. Isn't it ironic, don't ya think ?

IT'S LIKE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN, ON OPENING DAY

Seven hours since the last significant rainfall.........if it was raining at 5 and then poured thereafter ok but I was outside from1 until 8 and while it rained at no point was it even close to being cold and rainy enough to cancel the game. I am not certain what the white sox plan was but this was an epic failure.

I don't want to see this horses*** team again this year so the voucher for my $105 ticket is worthless as was the $20 parking pass I got for the game.

Again I understand weather is an issue but today after 2:00 was fine for a game this is a poorly run organization at this point.

Very frustrating day. I was there and cannot go tomorrow. Regardless, that's not why it was frustrating- the lack of communication, coupled with the fact that the field was perfectly playable from the scheduled start time-about 4:45 were inexcusable.

I mean, there was a 2 hour period where it wasn't even raining. Could've had an official game. But no, let's make the fans wait and wait and not tell them a single thing.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 02:11 AM)
Seven hours since the last significant rainfall.........if it was raining at 5 and then poured thereafter ok but I was outside from1 until 8 and while it rained at no point was it even close to being cold and rainy enough to cancel the game. I am not certain what the white sox plan was but this was an epic failure.

I don't want to see this horses*** team again this year so the voucher for my $105 ticket is worthless as was the $20 parking pass I got for the game.

Again I understand weather is an issue but today after 2:00 was fine for a game this is a poorly run organization at this point.

Very sad that the Sox seemingly went out of their way to anger loyal southsiders such as yourself. From the outside looking in it's almost like they not only want to lose as many games as possible, but draw as few fans as possible. Very strange. Smart people made a lot of mistakes on Monday.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 09:07 PM)
Rodon to the DL for 6 weeks and the Sox poor handling of this entire situation. We are off to a fantastic start to the 2017 season guys! :lol:

It's all uphill from here!

Sorry to say this but so many of you guys are SOOOOOOO cheap. Sh&t happens. You lose 20 bucks on parking sometimes. From the sounds of it some of you would only be happy if they offered you up a date with the latest Playboy centerfold as a repayment for yesterday's rainout, lol. Life isn't fair at times. Today is a new day and a White Sox winner. Edit: Does Playboy have centerfolds anymore? I digress...

Edited by JohnCangelosi