2017 AL Central Catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
Indians sweep four in Minnesota.

It's funny how people think the Indians and Cubs won't make the playoffs again . Nothing cures a WS hangover like the two worst divisions in baseball. That's where the 2006 White Sox got screwed

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 07:45 PM)
It's funny how people think the Indians and Cubs won't make the playoffs again . Nothing cures a WS hangover like the two worst divisions in baseball. That's where the 2006 White Sox got screwed

The funny thing is, the Sox were on a roll that year about halfway through, then the wheels fell off.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 08:46 AM)
The funny thing is, the Sox were on a roll that year about halfway through, then the wheels fell off.

I think they were 59-26 or something at the ASB...THREE f***ing teams in the division won 90 games.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 10:46 AM)

Not to mention they would have made the playoffs by the current rules, I believe.

The Royals are .500 and they are a couple games out and believe they can win it. This is why I get so upset. That Royals team has one, pathetic starting rotation. I mean it's Sox-like it's so bad. True they have sensational players in Cain, Hosmer and Salvy but that's really about it. They've got Merrifield and several stiffs impersonating contending ballplayers.

That's why I get mad.

If we kept Sale and Eaton, cmon. Arguably with some tinkering (like bringing Moncada up, bringing up a stud prospect pitcher or two and get Rodon healthy) we have as good or better team than that crap KC team that's contending.

And we have a closer.

This is all ridiculous. All we don't have in my scenario is DEFENSE and the Sox aren't planning on fielding a good defensive team during the rebuild, either. So that nullifies itself.

I think we should clean house in the front office and owners box. Get rid of everybody and get a clue, White Sox. We could have won this crap division.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 06:48 PM)
The Royals are .500 and they are a couple games out and believe they can win it. This is why I get so upset. That Royals team has one, pathetic starting rotation. I mean it's Sox-like it's so bad. True they have sensational players in Cain, Hosmer and Salvy but that's really about it. They've got Merrifield and several stiffs impersonating contending ballplayers.

That's why I get mad.

If we kept Sale and Eaton, cmon. Arguably with some tinkering (like bringing Moncada up, bringing up a stud prospect pitcher or two and get Rodon healthy) we have as good or better team than that crap KC team that's contending.

And we have a closer.

This is all ridiculous. All we don't have in my scenario is DEFENSE and the Sox aren't planning on fielding a good defensive team during the rebuild, either. So that nullifies itself.

I think we should clean house in the front office and owners box. Get rid of everybody and get a clue, White Sox. We could have won this crap division.

Greg, I think you are right, we might have actually been able to compete for the division this year without trading Sale.

But rebuilding will allow us to hopefully compete for a lot more than that over a sustained period.

That is the hope and the argument for rebuilding.

Who knows if it will work.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 08:48 PM)

That's why I get mad.

And we have a closer.

If we kept Sale (and Eaton) , we wouldn't have Moncada or a few stud prospect pitchers. I am holding my breath on Rodon.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 03:28 AM)
Greg, I think you are right, we might have actually been able to compete for the division this year without trading Sale.

But rebuilding will allow us to hopefully compete for a lot more than that over a sustained period.

That is the hope and the argument for rebuilding.

Who knows if it will work.

Good post.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 04:59 AM)
If we kept Sale (and Eaton) , we wouldn't have Moncada or a few stud prospect pitchers. I am holding my breath on Rodon.

Good post.

If we intended to compete, Avi would also likely have been gone.

I think it's actually fair to say that most of our most productive players (Kahnle, Swarzak, Leury, Yolmer, etc.) may not be here or have gotten a shot.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 05:09 PM)

I think it's actually fair to say that most of our most productive players (Kahnle, Swarzak, Leury, Yolmer, etc.) may not be here or have gotten a shot.

Nor Davidson as another bat would have been brought in to DH

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 05:09 PM)

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 01:10 PM)
Nor Davidson as another bat would have been brought in to DH

Excellent points.