2017 AL Central Catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 02:38 AM)
Verlander, 7 innings, 3 runs

Impressive

Baseball is such a crazy game. KC had bases loaded three runs in and nobody out, Verlander got out of it and KC finished the game with 3 runs and lost.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 10:32 AM)
George Ofman 1 hr · Twitter · For now Cubs interest in Verlander tepid at best. Want younger, controllable assets.

Both Gammons and Bruce talked about the Cubs wanting Fulmer from Detroit. Why would the Tigers want to trade away a young, cheap, controlled arm like Fulmer? Come on now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2017 -> 11:19 PM)
Three way tie for second wild card.

Actually, Mariners just went ahead by 1/2 game. One of two teams with longer playoff-less streak than Sox.

Royals are wasting a big year out of Moustakas. Who would have thought bullpen and starting pitching would be keeping KC mired in mediocrity? The tragic death of Ventura really decimated that team for now and probably years to come. Took away quite a 1-2 punch in Ventura/Duffy. Still such a sad story.

I don't follow the minor leagues much at all. I know the Royals are considered to be out of talent down there. But the question is do they have a handful of pitching/hitting prospects who will be good that their future is still reasonable? I figure they'll probably keep Hosmer, Cain and Escobar and lose Moustakas. I guess they could lose both Hosmer/Moustakas if the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers want those guys bad enough.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 11:55 AM)
Royals are wasting a big year out of Moustakas. Who would have thought bullpen and starting pitching would be keeping KC mired in mediocrity? The tragic death of Ventura really decimated that team for now and probably years to come. Took away quite a 1-2 punch in Ventura/Duffy. Still such a sad story.

I don't follow the minor leagues much at all. I know the Royals are considered to be out of talent down there. But the question is do they have a handful of pitching/hitting prospects who will be good that their future is still reasonable? I figure they'll probably keep Hosmer, Cain and Escobar and lose Moustakas. I guess they could lose both Hosmer/Moustakas if the Yankees, Red Sox or Dodgers want those guys bad enough.

The Royals will be blowing up their team unless ownership signs a bunch of dudes to ill advised contract extensions.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 07:49 PM)
The Royals will be blowing up their team unless ownership signs a bunch of dudes to ill advised contract extensions.

Somebody's gonna pay Hosmer, Moustakas, Escobar and Cain? The question is which team(s)? KC will keep Escobar and either Hosmer/Moustakas I predict.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 12:31 AM)
Somebody's gonna pay Hosmer, Moustakas, Escobar and Cain? The question is which team(s)? KC will keep Escobar and either Hosmer/Moustakas I predict.

Moustakas and Hosmer are definitely starters for someone else easily.

Cain is a very good option as well.

Escobar is the only one that will probably not get much of a look.