2017 AL Central Catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 07:37 AM)
Ha, I'm in the same boat, I've made my feelings about Hosmer and Moose well known over the past several years.

Now that the trade deadline has passed i went back to hoping all our rivals keep losing. Nothing funnier then see them be buyers then fall apart in the second half.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 29, 2017 -> 08:08 AM)
Now that the trade deadline has passed i went back to hoping all our rivals keep losing. Nothing funnier then see them be buyers then fall apart in the second half.

Nice to see it happen to a team other than us like it always used to seem. First or second place at deadline only to slowly dwindle the next 2 months.

Edited by soxfan2014

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 04:28 PM)
Good. I'm going to chuckle if Boston faces Cleveland in the ALCS.

I think Boston would prefer that to Cleveland in the ALDS - Sale has been iffy against Cleveland, so packing him in 2x in a 5 game series leaves little margin for error.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 06:39 PM)
I think Boston would prefer that to Cleveland in the ALDS - Sale has been iffy against Cleveland, so packing him in 2x in a 5 game series leaves little margin for error.

Agreed. My thinking is that if Boston and Houston play in one of the ALDS series, that series goes 5 and the pitching staff will be tired from that Houston offense. This assumes Boston and Cleveland win their ALDS'. Now Boston has to face Cleveland ( Sale's kryptonite) in a 7 game series with a tired pitching staff and at least one more start under Sale's belt from the Houston series. This is the part that makes me chuckle.

Edited by BlackSox13

The Indians are going to win again, bringing the streak to 19.

They have favorable pitching matchups the next two days, including Kluber tomorrow, so they could very well tie the MLB record of 21, set by the Cubs in 1935. The 1916 Giants won 26 in a row, but there was a tie in the middle of that.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 11, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
The Indians are going to win again, bringing the streak to 19.

They have favorable pitching matchups the next two days, including Kluber tomorrow, so they could very well tie the MLB record of 21, set by the Cubs in 1935. The 1916 Giants won 26 in a row, but there was a tie in the middle of that.

What year was it the A's won 20 in a row? I'm thinking 2002. I'm rooting for the Indians to break the record. That would, for me, be more impressive than the Heat's 27-game streak in '13. Mostly due to the randomness and unpredictability that is the game of baseball.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 11, 2017 -> 10:07 PM)
What year was it the A's won 20 in a row? I'm thinking 2002. I'm rooting for the Indians to break the record. That would, for me, be more impressive than the Heat's 27-game streak in '13. Mostly due to the randomness and unpredictability that is the game of baseball.

The most impressive thing is that they aren't getting lucky in close games. They are dominating. +100 run differential, averaging a 7-2 victory every night.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
On August 25th the Dodgers were 20 games ahead of the Indians. 18 days later and now they're only 4 games ahead. The Indians could very well take the #1 seed. That's nuts.

This is why it's laughable when media outlets start talking "best team ever" or " will anyone have a chance against the Dodgers (or x team currently hot ala Indians now)?" in July or August.....Gotta love the baseball.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
On August 25th the Dodgers were 20 games ahead of the Indians. 18 days later and now they're only 4 games ahead. The Indians could very well take the #1 seed. That's nuts.

This reminds me of the Sox in 2005. The fade is occurring at about the same time. They will get the ship righted and start sailing soon. The Indians are hot, and that is great for them, but cooling off is going to happen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 12:21 PM)
This reminds me of the Sox in 2005. The fade is occurring at about the same time. They will get the ship righted and start sailing soon. The Indians are hot, and that is great for them, but cooling off is going to happen.

Except I want to say the Sox were still playing about .500 ball during that stretch. They got almost caught because Cleveland went nuts. The Dodgers are actually collapsing.