2017 AL Central Catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Except I want to say the Sox were still playing about .500 ball during that stretch. They got almost caught because Cleveland went nuts. The Dodgers are actually collapsing.

The upcoming schedule with a healthy dose of the Phillies, Giants and Padres will get the Dodgers back to over 100 wins.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Except I want to say the Sox were still playing about .500 ball during that stretch. They got almost caught because Cleveland went nuts. The Dodgers are actually collapsing.

The Dbacks just went nuts too, but LA had a nice 21 game cushion vs. the Sox 15, so they are still up 9 games.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
Kluber is winning AL Cy Young this year guys. He's been insane since recovering from that injury. Sale has an argument, especially if he reaches the 300 K mark, but IMO Kluber is and has been better.

There is season left to decide it, but there's no question that Sale would have my vote right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 03:05 PM)
Richard Justice‏Verified account @richardjustice 5m5 minutes ago Finally... @Indians have trailed for four of 189 innings during win streak.

I think that might be more impressive than the streak itself. Like LH mentioned earlier, there's been no fluke/luck involved here. They're demolishing teams.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 11:21 AM)
This reminds me of the Sox in 2005. The fade is occurring at about the same time. They will get the ship righted and start sailing soon. The Indians are hot, and that is great for them, but cooling off is going to happen.

Same here. They may be getting hot at the wrong time.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
The Indians have the longest winning streak in the history of baseball. People should be making a bigger deal out of this.

Indians win 22 in a row, but let's go back to Boston to report on a breaking story... Red Sox Nation is whiter than Iceland!

Teams that deserve more air time over others:

Yankees

Red Sox

Cubs

Dodgers

Giants

Cardinals

All others can suck it. It's the same boring s*** every day of every season.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 15, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
The Indians have the longest winning streak in the history of baseball. People should be making a bigger deal out of this.

To be fair the tie during the Giants streak was continued the next day in a doubleheader and the Giants won both games, but it was still recorded as a tie and didn't count. So IMO the Giants still have that record, but then again it was over 100 years ago.