**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 11:26 PM)
No problem with a proper send off to the legend that is Undertaker... problem consists with the booking, the match, the opponent, undertakers age related to the fact that he is main eventing wrestlemania 32. :P

I don't know how old you are, but is what old school guys do. They put the next guy over. He absolutely deserved to have the main event and he took some rough bumps going out. The match wasn't great but the effort was there as was the

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how old you are, but is what old school guys do. They put the next guy over. He absolutely deserved to have the main event and he took some rough bumps going out. The match wasn't great but the effort was there as was the

I'm cool with putting over the new guy. Totally digging that.

I don't agree that he deserved main event if it was going to be that much of a dud. The fans were out of it completely.

I will say it was the wrong person to put over. Having Reigns beat him to a pulp was just wrongggggggggggg. It's hard to believe that the booking team can't learn after the repeated examples that the fans do not want to see this... last year WM, Royal Rumble, etc. etc.

Lesnar vs Brock was awesome. Best 5 minute match ever.

Main event was probably the worst main event in WM history. Undertaker couldn't go. Reigns, who can't get over as it is, got put completely in a no win situation by having an absolutely horrible match and ending the career of a legend. Not sure what they do with that.

Really good mania overall.

Shane vs AJ was MOTN. Shane did awesome, even outside his big spots. Wasn't a case of AJ carrying him either. Just s great match.

Oh and I really don't understand Bray losing there at all. Not sure where the smackdown main event scene is going unless Bray wins the title back immediately. AJ deserves a long reign if it's not Bray, but then you're just playing hot potato Don't think they'll put it on nakamura right away and him being a face doesn't make sense to feud with orton. Hell go through AJ first I would imagine.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 12:12 AM)
Still waiting for Bray to have a memorable match. Agreed that Brock match was great.

Vs Daniel Bryan at Rumble a few years ago is his only memorable singles match to me.

I hate Vince McMahon. The whole Taker putting Reigns over to finish his career reeks his idea, despite fans rejecting the guy over and over again for years now.

Having Taker ride it out with Finn, AJ, Owens, or even Braun or Miz would make more sense to me. These are the guys fans could get behind.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 11:47 PM)

Main event was probably the worst main event in WM history. Undertaker couldn't go. Reigns, who can't get over as it is, got put completely in a no win situation by having an absolutely horrible match and ending the career of a legend. Not sure what they do with that.

Shane vs AJ was MOTN. Shane did awesome, even outside his big spots. Wasn't a case of AJ carrying him either. Just s great match.

To be fair, the Undertaker couldn't even move anymore. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Reigns, Angle, Stone Cold or Styles. Undertaker was done.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 11:47 PM)

I wasn't too thrilled with the Brock vs Goldberg match, but I agreed that AJ vs Shane was the match of the night. I saw a lot from Shane that I didn't expect to see. It's sad to say that the 47 year old commissioner put on a better show than the 6 guys from the title matches and main event.

That said, my top 5 matches of the night are:

1) AJ vs Shane

2) Raw tag title match

3) Rollins vs Triple H

4) Raw women's title match

5) Owens vs Jericho

I didn't catch the Neville vs Aries match (was really looking forward to it), I heard it was great so it probably would have made the top 5.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)
Yeah, cuz they're going to wait a year to put Roman in the title pic.

Talk about jumping to conclusions and miserable Soxfest.

I did not say it would be a year till Reigns is in title picture WTF, plans I read multiple places is Brock/Reigns for title next year as main event nothing more. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE officials already have a match planned for the main event of WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans - Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Title. Jumping too conclusions my ass.

Edited by Soxfest

Whoever claims Roman isn't "over" doesn't understand wrestling whatsoever.

The issue with Roman is, and I partially agree here, is that he's as over as a heel as it gets yet they insist on trying to portray him as a babyface. Take RAW tonight for example...Roman had TREMENDOUS heat with that crowd, and for good reason. He just retired a lifelong favorite of many of the fans. So what does the WWE do? They have (I think it was Michael Cole) spew nonsense that some fans boo and some fans cheer because it's all "part of the fun".

No, that's not why they're booing him...they're booing Roman because they don't like him, and that's fine -- but GO WITH IT now. He could be a top heel the likes of when Hogan turned, but he has to own that character. Roman's promo was *almost* perfect on RAW, standing there listening to the crowd vent with that smarmy smirk on his face. What he said was great, but he needs to just go all in now, and the WWE needs to allow it -- at that moment, with that kind of heat from the crowd he needed to say -- quite simply -- "And you can all kiss my ass."

And I agree -- the Undertaker was done, and he did the right thing by passing the torch to Roman.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)
I like the idea of draft right after the WM, allows old feuds to end and new feuds to start right away.

I don't think this is going to be a draft so much as series of trades.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
Take RAW tonight for example...Roman had TREMENDOUS heat with that crowd, and for good reason. He just retired a lifelong favorite of many of the fans.

Is it because he retired a lifelong favorite, or because he's bland in the ring and on the mic and they're tired of seeing him be the focus of storylines all the time (e.g. 3 WrestleMania main events in a row)?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
The issue with Roman is, and I partially agree here, is that he's as over as a heel as it gets yet they insist on trying to portray him as a babyface.

I think this is totally intentional. His booking is completely irrational. Gets booed, treat him like a face. Constantly defeats multiple guys, pretend he's an underdog. Repeatedly given sweet opportunities, pretend like he's kept down by the man.

It's like a weird meta experiment where they're trolling fans and causing them to hate-watch Roman-related portions of the show (and hate-watching can be enjoyable).

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
Is it because he retired a lifelong favorite, or because he's bland in the ring and on the mic and they're tired of seeing him be the focus of storylines all the time (e.g. 3 WrestleMania main events in a row)?

I think this is totally intentional. His booking is completely irrational. Gets booed, treat him like a face. Constantly defeats multiple guys, pretend he's an underdog. Repeatedly given sweet opportunities, pretend like he's kept down by the man.

It's like a weird meta experiment where they're trolling fans and causing them to hate-watch Roman-related portions of the show (and hate-watching can be enjoyable).

It IS weird.

Which is why I said they need to go all in on him as a heel. It's obvious fans love to hate him, otherwise his merchandise wouldn't sell like it does. It does seem rather disconnected that they keep pretending like he's some underdog, etc...but I think they really want him to be accepted as a babyface, but he's just not...so they need to accept that and go with it now.

Now is the time to strike when it comes to Roman as a fully fledged heel.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 03:41 PM)
It IS weird.

Which is why I said they need to go all in on him as a heel. It's obvious fans love to hate him, otherwise his merchandise wouldn't sell like it does. It does seem rather disconnected that they keep pretending like he's some underdog, etc...but I think they really want him to be accepted as a babyface, but he's just not...so they need to accept that and go with it now.

Now is the time to strike when it comes to Roman as a fully fledged heel.

It's like they are unsure if he is an anti-hero like Austin or a straight up baby face, but we know he is neither

Best part of Raw

Roman Reigns comes out to deafening boos and eff yous

Vince McMahon comes out later, to loud cheers and people doing the were not worthy gesture, yet hes the guy responsible for why everyone hates Roman Reigns