**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

Whoever claims Roman isn't "over" doesn't understand wrestling whatsoever.

The issue with Roman is, and I partially agree here, is that he's as over as a heel as it gets yet they insist on trying to portray him as a babyface. Take RAW tonight for example...Roman had TREMENDOUS heat with that crowd, and for good reason. He just retired a lifelong favorite of many of the fans. So what does the WWE do? They have (I think it was Michael Cole) spew nonsense that some fans boo and some fans cheer because it's all "part of the fun".

No, that's not why they're booing him...they're booing Roman because they don't like him, and that's fine -- but GO WITH IT now. He could be a top heel the likes of when Hogan turned, but he has to own that character. Roman's promo was *almost* perfect on RAW, standing there listening to the crowd vent with that smarmy smirk on his face. What he said was great, but he needs to just go all in now, and the WWE needs to allow it -- at that moment, with that kind of heat from the crowd he needed to say -- quite simply -- "And you can all kiss my ass."

I would agree if Roman wasn't so incredibly bland. His moveset is absolutely cringe-worthy. The superman punch might be the most nauseating move in the industry right now. The spear is the most over used, skill-less move. Then what else does he truly have? He's incredibly slow, bland, and boring, yet gets every single opportunity thrown his way.

I dont think this is the good kind of heat, this is the heat that people legitimately want him off their TV. He's just not entertaining.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 01:41 AM)
I would agree if Roman wasn't so incredibly bland. His moveset is absolutely cringe-worthy. The superman punch might be the most nauseating move in the industry right now. The spear is the most over used, skill-less move. Then what else does he truly have? He's incredibly slow, bland, and boring, yet gets every single opportunity thrown his way.

I dont think this is the good kind of heat, this is the heat that people legitimately want him off their TV. He's just not entertaining.

Reigns is incredibly slow? Seems pretty damn agile to me.

To add to the Roman debate that is never going away: Dude is really good in the ring, I don't think that's even a debate anymore. He's still incredibly boring as a promo and a character to me but last night was f***in perfect. If they use him like that then great. He's never going to be my favorite guy but he's definitely earned his spot.

Anywho, super happy Nak and The Revival are on the main roster. Tye isn't my jam but he's incredibly over and should be a fun mid card act on the main roster. Roster shake up should be fun. Hoping Finn and The Club stay on Raw with AJ coming over so we can finally dive into that whole thing.

Wyatt's booking is what killed them. Booking of the Wyatt's is perhaps the worst thing next to giving Reigns every single opportunity.

AJ To Raw would be fun with the Club and Finn.

I hear Enzo/Cass to SD. I think that's a smart decision, they could be a top team there and win the title.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 09:05 PM)
Anywho, super happy Nak and The Revival are on the main roster. Tye isn't my jam but he's incredibly over and should be a fun mid card act on the main roster. Roster shake up should be fun. Hoping Finn and The Club stay on Raw with AJ coming over so we can finally dive into that whole thing.

Not enough talk about Revival debut. Loved knocking over ice cream cart, then after having good match and getting cheered, take out Kofi's knee and everything turns.

Them vs Hardys at Mania next year works.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 11:31 PM)
Wyatt's booking is what killed them. Booking of the Wyatt's is perhaps the worst thing next to giving Reigns every single opportunity.

I hear Enzo/Cass to SD. I think that's a smart decision, they could be a top team there and win the title.

The Wyatt family had multiple opportunities that were killed by Bray getting injured. Not booking

You know what else killed them? The spooky creepy bayou guy storyline has nowhere to go. It is what it is. It isn't the next undertaker, not the next Kane, not even the next fake Kane. It isn't interesting anymore

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 11:31 PM)

If you trade AJ to RAW in light of Cena leaving -- you may as well cancel Smackdown. Nakamura will not be able to carry that show on his own with just the Miz to go heel against him.

This talent shuffle HAS to even out the rosters in the end.

I keep hearing the same thing from the IWC -- that AJ and Bliss are going to RAW for crap like New Day and Enzo/Cass/Emma. Do that and other than Nakamura matches against Miz, I could stop watching the rest of Smackdown entirely.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 08:57 AM)
I don't think this is going to be a draft so much as series of trades.

They didn't call it draft exactly, but I suspect there will be quite a few of shakeups and will have the same effect of a draft. It also doesn't make sense to me that they do trades now and then a full draft in June or July. Perhaps they're skipping the draft this year?

Anyways I suspect at least the following to take place:

Raw gets AJ, Ziggler, Mojo Rawley, Slater and Ryback, Becky Lynch

SD gets Rollins, Sami, Rusev and Lana, Enzo and Cass, Charlotte

Shane was on Talking Smack and mentioned something about SD having the first pick or that they should.

I actually like the prospect of Charlotte to SD. Picture her vs Naomi. Two awesome women athletes.

Was hoping Sheamus and Cesaro would lose and split up and let Cesaro go to SD alone.

I wouldn't be shocked if Roman goes to SD. Keeps him and Brock away from each other so they can run that at Mania next year if they want. Sami should be a no brainer to go to SD but who knows what they're doing with him. I'm cool with all the people above switching brands.

I would hate to see AJ go to Raw now that Nakamura is finally there. Really want to see them go after it for a while this year. Imagine that feud.

Enzo and Cass to SD would be perfect. Have them come in and squash Ellsworth and get the crew back together with my girl Carmella.

Keep Miz on SD as well...that guy is AWESOME!

I agree with Charlotte going to SD...would hate to see Beckye go to Raw, though. Bring Asuka to SD with Charlotte and you have one hell of a woman's division.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 09:39 AM)
If you trade AJ to RAW in light of Cena leaving -- you may as well cancel Smackdown. Nakamura will not be able to carry that show on his own with just the Miz to go heel against him.

This talent shuffle HAS to even out the rosters in the end.

I keep hearing the same thing from the IWC -- that AJ and Bliss are going to RAW for crap like New Day and Enzo/Cass/Emma. Do that and other than Nakamura matches against Miz, I could stop watching the rest of Smackdown entirely.

Calling Emma crap is silly. She's really good in the ring, plays a great character and ain't too shabby to look at either. There's plenty of rumors about who is going where so I wouldn't get crazy yet. It seems likely AJ is going to raw, wouldn't be surprised if Alexa does either but I'm sure they're not getting just tag teams back.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 12:46 PM)
I have a feeling Rollins is either turning heel or going to SD. He posted a picture of him and Balor from the other night and all he wrote was "things are about to change."

Most likely, given there are more faces than heels in SD.

Regardless of who goes to which brand, I want all Shield and Club member to be on one brand. A feud between the two factions would be epic.

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 02:40 PM)
I would hate to see AJ go to Raw now that Nakamura is finally there. Really want to see them go after it for a while this year. Imagine that feud.

Enzo and Cass to SD would be perfect. Have them come in and squash Ellsworth and get the crew back together with my girl Carmella.

Keep Miz on SD as well...that guy is AWESOME!

I agree with Charlotte going to SD...would hate to see Beckye go to Raw, though. Bring Asuka to SD with Charlotte and you have one hell of a woman's division.

I thought they should have put Nakamura in Raw, but AJ would be great in Raw regardless.

I think Asuka will end up in Raw when the time comes. Charlotte could feud with Mickie James or Naomi at SD for now.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens if AJ, Finn and Gallows/Anderson are all on the same show. My hope would be a Finn heel turn to join up with Gallows/Anderson after they turn on AJ again. Probably wont happen as I'm sure Finn sells a lot of merch and is an easy market but I can hope.

Edited by Rowand44

Anyone who thinks Emma is crap needs to watch her match with Asuka from London about a year and a half ago. It was awesome.

And as annoying Enzo has become, he and Cass are still super over.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
Anyone who thinks Emma is crap needs to watch her match with Asuka from London about a year and a half ago. It was awesome.

It's not to the fault of the casual observers, Emma's booking has been absolutely terrible during her time on Raw.

I can't stand Enzo and Cass, I am sure people aren't over them yet.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
Calling Emma crap is silly. She's really good in the ring, plays a great character and ain't too shabby to look at either. There's plenty of rumors about who is going where so I wouldn't get crazy yet. It seems likely AJ is going to raw, wouldn't be surprised if Alexa does either but I'm sure they're not getting just tag teams back.

The whole 500 months of Emmalina soured me on her...I just don't care now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)

I hold almost no regard for "wrestling" in relation to pro-wrestling in general, so Emma's match with Asuka did nothing for me. Was it good wrestling? Sure...also didn't care about any of it.

I care about the entertainment aspect far more than the actual wrestling...IE, the character and the mic skills of that character outweigh sheer wrestling ability with me, because the wrestling isn't "real" anyway. Now, don't get me wrong when I say this -- when they do wrestle, I like it to be as fluid and real looking as possible -- but I'm so burned out on punches and high spots and crazy moves these days that they've lost their effectiveness.

The story being told leading to the big match is just as important to me as the story told in the ring...

A bunch of chain wrestling? I just don't care...unless it's telling a story and it's happening between two characters I'm invested in, anyway. And you can't get me invested in a character just because they can wrestle...they need to be able to tell me that story.

There are a ton of great wrestlers on the indy circuit...but none of them are in AJ's league because they don't have the personality he has, the same can be said of many others. Take Kenny Omega for example...probably one of the best "wrestlers" in the world...his interview style is weird and I don't like it...therefore I just don't give a s*** about him.

Edited by Y2HH