**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

And Emma is a great character worker and the story with Asuka was well done so I don't get where you're coming from there. Omega is also a fantastic interview but that's fair if it's not your style. I mean, everyone has their things they prefer in wrestling so you're entitled to your opinion on what you like most like the rest of us. If you're not Emma's biggest fan then that's understandable but call her crap is just incorrect and it's funny cause everything you ranted about that you like is stuff she's good at.

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)
And Emma is a great character worker and the story with Asuka was well done so I don't get where you're coming from there. Omega is also a fantastic interview but that's fair if it's not your style. I mean, everyone has their things they prefer in wrestling so you're entitled to your opinion on what you like most like the rest of us. I do find it funny that you went on this rant about liking mic skills and then also mentioned Enzo/Cass and the New Day as crap.

I don't watch NXT as a series, so I never saw any story -- all I saw was the match...so it was meaningless action to me.

Let me clarify my thoughts on "mic skills". For me, mic skills obviously don't mean the same thing as they do to you. I don't consider getting a crowd to chant silly s*** along with you as having good "mic skills". Mic skills are the ability to get your character across, thus getting the story across. Spewing the same nonsense every week, while fun for a large portion of the audience (and I'm sure it's fun live), just isn't my thing.

I HATE New Day...I absolutely despise them, because they're embarrassing and silly. They represent an aspect of pro-wrestling I find mind-numbingly embarrassing, and it's stuff like that which makes people laugh at it, and literally why I hid the fact I was a wrestling fan for so long.

An example of what I mean, Jake the Snake had good mic skills -- not because he said the same damn thing every week and the crowd chanted along with him, but because when he talked, you listened, and what he was saying was relevant to the story he was involved with.

I can give numerous examples just like Jake the Snake...and Enzo/Cass and New Day do NOT apply to this. They're slogan chanting silly machines...nothing more.

So you don't watch NXT as a series, you don't care about matches with out a backstory but you watch the NXT ppv's? To each their own.

And I had a feeling that was going to be your response on the New Day and Enzo and Cass. I'm not going to argue much on that as there is a reason I've soured on both(thought I still get a kick out of the New Day at times). Still, their mic skills are what got them over and they're good at what they do. Might not be for me or you but they're definitely good on the mic.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)
If you're not Emma's biggest fan then that's understandable but call her crap is just incorrect and it's funny cause everything you ranted about that you like is stuff she's good at.

Since you edited this, let me reply to this in specific.

Emma was fine until the whole Emmalina thing...like I said, that soured me on her...and now I just don't care. It became a running joke that wasn't funny, and I know that's not her fault, but meh...

I'm sure she'll win me over but it's gonna take a bit.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)
So you don't watch NXT as a series, you don't care about matches with out a backstory but you watch the NXT ppv's? To each their own.

And I had a feeling that was going to be your response on the New Day and Enzo and Cass. I'm not going to argue much on that as there is a reason I've soured on both(thought I still get a kick out of the New Day at times). Still, their mic skills are what got them over and they're good at what they do. Might not be for me or you but they're definitely good on the mic.

No, I'll watch matches when people rave about them or tell me to check them out -- but I don't really watch NXT PPV's either. ;)

Only character left on NXT I like is GLORIOUS. ;)

I literally keep up with RAW and RAW PPV highlights, but watch Smackdown religiously (and Smackdown PPVs). That may change with the talent shuffle, but that's the way it is now.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)

I guess I really don't disagree with you there...like you said, to each their own -- I just don't care for their shtick.

I also understand that these shows have to have a bit of something for everyone...so while I don't like it, I do understand why it's there.

It's kind of been oddly kept under wraps I feel but there's a Takeover now the day before Backlash in Chicago. There's an Evolve show during the day that Saturday as well. Think I'm going to hit up Evolve, Takeover and Backlash which is just stupid but whatever, it'll be a good time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 08:54 AM)
It's kind of been oddly kept under wraps I feel but there's a Takeover now the day before Backlash in Chicago. There's an Evolve show during the day that Saturday as well. Think I'm going to hit up Evolve, Takeover and Backlash which is just stupid but whatever, it'll be a good time.

I've got tickets to Backlash already -- but if those above rumored trades occur, I will be enormously heart broken. :(

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
I've got tickets to Backlash already -- but if those above rumored trades occur, I will be enormously heart broken. :(

Ya, I'm with ya on that. I like Charlotte but I've also seen her a lot more in person than I have Alexa. And AJ is AJ so it'd suck to not see him in person. I'll still be pumped to see Nakamura though. Only seen him once in person and it was before everyone knew his song so you didn't get that aspect to go with it.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)

Odd to know that the house show in Hammond on 4/23 is adverising Styles vs Orton vs Wyatt, so I wonder if they'd scrap that and just go Orton vs Wyatt?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 10, 2017 -> 10:28 PM)
If the people who I think are going over to SD actually go over, I'll be a big fan of this roster shake up for both sides.

Yes, Smackdown will have a lot of match ups that fanboys will love.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)
Wish the got one more woman wrestler but the Smackdown roster is fire.

Definitely. I just really don't get why they wouldn't move Emma over to SD, makes sense on all ends but what do I know. But ya, that SD men's roster is phenomenal.

Edited by Rowand44

It makes me so happy Bliss is already the #1 contender to the RAW Women's title...

Bayley is going to get completely hulksmashed on the mic.

I can't believe how badly the WWE botched Bayley as of late to the point she's getting booed. I mean, seriously...how do you take a heroic character like Bayley and find a way to turn the crowd on her? I almost feel bad for her because if they let Bliss talk s***, holy hell this is going to be awesome. :D