**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 08:58 PM)
The tease of Ellsworth holding the Briefcase was the most interesting thing involving the women's division in years

It was stupid and set the division back.

I like Bennett but not sure what this persona is and looks all about Maria. Great power ballad theme though.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 08:58 PM)
The tease of Ellsworth holding the Briefcase was the most interesting thing involving the women's division in years

I thought it was pretty silly -- Carmella is not over whatsoever...and having someone win the briefcase that wasn't even in the match with the excuse "yea but there are no rules" is just absurdity.

I mean, why would you push Lynch or Flair when the crowd actually wants that?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 07:15 AM)
Overall, I thought the show was pretty underwhelming

I thought the women ladder match was good until the bad finish. Same with tag titles.

Best part was AJ vs Shinsuke. Crowd was hot for it.

Yeah another terrible decision to have the women's MITB scarred by having a man get the briefcase...

Literally, many were joking about this a month ago and wwe decides to do this.

Don't like either MITB winner, but I also do not hate either character. Their future depends on the booking 100% tho (corbin and Carmella) and unfortunately, that is where I have 0 faith in WWE.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 05:41 AM)
I thought it was pretty silly -- Carmella is not over whatsoever...and having someone win the briefcase that wasn't even in the match with the excuse "yea but there are no rules" is just absurdity.

I mean, why would you push Lynch or Flair when the crowd actually wants that?

That's why I am not a fan of MITB matches, at least how they book it. Heels win 80% of the time. I don't care for Corbin on the mic or as a character, Carmella could have potential to be a good heel, but with all the Ellsworth stuff I just can't take her seriously.

Please do not let Lana wrestle another match, it was also. After a good year for women's wrestling last year, most of the matches this year has been lackluster.

The only other match I saw was the WWE Championship match, I thought the match was better than last time, but the finish was weak.

I'm starting to think having the entire tag division on one show and all the women on the other is the way to go. Maybe I'm alone.

I don't have a problem with Carmella having the briefcase. I think she has improved greatly and needed it to get to that next step.

It was like, "Women can't climb that high so let's have a man go get it and give it to one of them!"

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
Yeah another terrible decision to have the women's MITB scarred by having a man get the briefcase...

Literally, many were joking about this a month ago and wwe decides to do this.

Don't like either MITB winner, but I also do not hate either character. Their future depends on the booking 100% tho (corbin and Carmella) and unfortunately, that is where I have 0 faith in WWE.

This is what bothered me the most -- yes, let's book a historic FIRST EVER *** WOMENS *** money in the bank match, and have a man determine the outcome.

:angry:

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 09:16 AM)
I'm starting to think having the entire tag division on one show and all the women on the other is the way to go. Maybe I'm alone.

I don't have a problem with Carmella having the briefcase. I think she has improved greatly and needed it to get to that next step.

It was like, "Women can't climb that high so let's have a man go get it and give it to one of them!"

I'd be down with that. I especially think there aren't enough talent warrant two women's divisions. I mean I like the four horse women and Alexa, but rest of the talents are not established or they aren't good enough workers to carry a division (I'm looking at you Naomi and Carmella). It'd be better to have them all on one show and build up low card, mid card, and main event type feuds.

Kenny Omega is a wrestling god. Realllly hope he comes to WWE at some point soon.

If he does, I really wanna see a Omega/Styles/Balor feud over the club. Well, actually make the club a thing first, and make an actually stable.....Then maybe have the 2 losers join forces creating a new club, and then have some stable wars.

I don't know if Omega could last on a WWE schedule. Ha

He's so balls to the wall and sells everything like death. I wouldn't want him to break.

Couldn't avoid spoilers for last nights show. Will still watch Fri. Was hoping for an Omega/Sabre final in US tourney.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 08:26 AM)
I loved Enzo's promo on Cass last night.

Agree. No accident I fell asleep on couch after it. Will go back and watch Brock/Joe stuff.

At the risk of sounding like a snob, after watching Evolve two weeks ago and NJPW this weekend, WWE is so inferior, although it has parts I enjoy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 08:44 AM)
Agree. No accident I fell asleep on couch after it. Will go back and watch Brock/Joe stuff.

At the risk of sounding like a snob, after watching Evolve two weeks ago and NJPW this weekend, WWE is so inferior, although it has parts I enjoy.

And to think, years ago I was the snob everyone gave s*** to for slobbering all over Indy talent. Welcome to my world, isn't it grand?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 05:13 PM)
And to think, years ago I was the snob everyone gave s*** to for slobbering all over Indy talent. Welcome to my world, isn't it grand?

Ha. I don't watch ROH though. Unless someone wants to share their Fite log in. Not sure I'd like it that much anyway. Not same company as when Punk n Joe n DB n others.

And I'll never be a fan of Chris Hero. Sorry

Edited by Brian