**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)
Compared to other segments on the Network? I think it's one of the most popular and talked about segments.

The fact that it didn't air right after SD and had to wait for 205 Live to air, may have hurt.

So, I made myself a half-promise not to talk wrestling on forums/look at spoiler sites.

I have Raw on in the background, excited about Angle's "big" announcement.

Angle comes down to the ring, I'm expecting something with Dixie Carter/TNA or Stephanie McMahon/HHH (both of these storylines would be big, but mehhhhhh) or even a bigger suprise that leads to something really cool.

NO. We get a quick announcment that f***ing Jordan whatever (guy from American Alpha) is Kurt Angles long lost son from a college sweetheart.

What the actual f***.

They had this booming storyline going on for weeks, and it leads to Jordan being Kurt's son? This was supposed to RUIN Angle, create a massive storyline that rages through the WWE.

Instead, we get a person no one gives a flying f*** about being Angle's son. WHY? Who cares? The crowd certainly didn't.

Who makes up this s***? Seriously? Why are they seemingly breaking up one of the better tag teams they have? This is f***ing insane.

Two bomb storylines (cass/enzo and Angle) have led to absolute dog s***.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 10:19 PM)
Kinda lame but super intriguing to me. Jason Jordan could be a star if pushed right....... At some point I wanna see it lead to AA splitting and feuding.

I agree. The story is lame but Jordan working with Angle could be great. Gable is going to be a star by himself too. And AA is a split now and being on separate brands we wont get a feud for a while.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 05:08 AM)
Angle playing the proud dad has won me over already. Finally something for him to do outside the scripted GM stuff.

I'm going to fantasy-book for a second. If they were going to do the son storyline, I thought it might be a better long story if Angle became American Alpha's manager on SmackDown (to avoid conflict of interest on Raw). Eventually, they start losing some matches and Angle places blame more and more on Gable. Then it comes out that Angle is Jordan's father. The story can then go a few different ways - Gable fumes over the favoritism and turns on Jordan, Jordan agrees with Kurt blaming Gable and turns on him, or Jordan rejects Angle, which leads Kurt to keep trying to win him over.

I would have avoided the fake dad story entirely, but we'll see where it goes and if it can possibly be any good.

Critic, I like your storyline much better than what WWE laid on us.

Tonight is "battle ground" more like rematchamania.

Not a single match up excites me. Aj Styles vs. Owens should be good, and there should be some decent wrasslin' going on, but my God, there is not a single feud on that PPV that is worth my time. Worst one might be Cena/Rusev part III.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
Critic, I like your storyline much better than what WWE laid on us.

Tonight is "battle ground" more like rematchamania.

Not a single match up excites me. Aj Styles vs. Owens should be good, and there should be some decent wrasslin' going on, but my God, there is not a single feud on that PPV that is worth my time. Worst one might be Cena/Rusev part III.

Is it possible that the Mahal Experiment ends tonight? As little as I like Orton, this Mahal thing has been beyond boring.

I believe there is only a 10% chance that Mahal loses tonight to Orton.

I think there is a greater chance of MITB cash in by Corbin, then Orton losing, although I don't think will see a clash in either.

Mahal vs Orton has now have 3 matches on PPVs with Mahal obviously winning the first two. While there isn't really a good outcome tonight (orton sucks as champ, Mahal sucks as champ) I can't imagine what they'd do with Orton as champ.

I think SS is heading towards Cena vs. Mahal, which, while boring, at least makes sense. I think AJ Styles vs. Nak might be a realistic shot at happening at SS (which I hopeeeee they wait for a Wrestlemania world championship match instead).

There's just too many stars and not enough time to present them.

The woman's 5-way match is exemplary of that. We've seen so many multi woman matches it has destroyed my interest in the division (I was very high on the division during Alex Bliss smack down reign and shortly after when Charlotte went to SD. I thought they could have done A LOT of cool things with Charlotte/Naomi and Becky vs. that heel group, ah well.). Just look at the logic here: We have Carmella winning MITB (controversy aside he....), then she doesn't even get a spot in the #1 contender match? Why? What about Naomi, why is she not defending the title... against anyone.... except Lana which is the least deserving of the wrestlers.

If they had time, maybe they could of had a program running through MITB with Naomi vs. Natayla. Great sets of matches, making the championship feel real, meanwhile we have the MITB still, we can still have the #1 contender match etc. Just not enough time to make the division meaningful.

^^ Yeah, Naomi has a coolish gimmick, but she's soiling on the mic.

Styles vs. Owens match ends in a very weird way. Not sure what the hell happened or what the hell the point was to have AJ beat Owens at a house show only to lose the title to him at the PPV.

Just doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 10:19 PM)
Credit to Orton for a fantastic effort

That Singh bump through the table was sick.

These 3 matches with Jinder have been better than anyone could've guessed.

Orton is still good.

What's with Kanelis losing? I'm actually enjoying that cheesy persona they do.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
I've read nothing but bad things about the Jinder-Randy match until I came here ha. Interesting.

I only saw the last 10 minutes cuz I dozed off. So I dunno