**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

It was an OK match. I don't think it was great or even entertaining, but it did it's job. The problem really hasn't been the matches, but more so how boring both competitors are, how jinder was thrown into the title, and how long the program has now gone on with it being the same thing over and over (randy is strong, randy gets mad, jinder finds way to escape).

I think Jinder is doing an excellent job with his character, but he has the fact that no one wants him to be champion because he was thrown into it going against him.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE is definitely go all in to expand in the Indian market by bringing back Kahli. Unfortunately that's going to going to hurt their ratings in the US. SDL was the A show for most of last year when AJ was the heel champ, but literally no one in the US wants see a Jinder-Kahli alliance running the show for the rest of 2017.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)
SD was awesome when we had Styles-Cena, Talking Smack and the Miz but since all those things are no longer...

Yeah. KO is must see on Talking Smack but the shake up really hurt SD. They've made Nakamura just another guy already and Styles should be above a US title feud.

http://deadspin.com/no-one-could-see-wwe-s...ight-1797190074

Edited by Brian

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
Pretty pumped Dean and Seth are back together.

Also, I know it's been a while, I love the Usos as heels.

Dean/Seth reunion is definitely one of the better things WWE has executed in awhile.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 09:59 PM)
I do like Corbin, so I was kinda bummed he didnt get the title, but it was amazing

I think Corbin has potential. Needs to get more comfortable on the mic, but I just don't think he was ready for the briefcase or title at all.

I've soured on Corbin a decent amount. He's still decent on the mic but he was more fun with that stuff in nxt. Still pretty green in the ring. Just hasn't improved at all for a little while now. That said, still 8 trillion times better than Jinder.

Anywho, I'm cool with the ending last night. Actually adds a bit to the Cena feud and now Nak might actually leave SS with the belt.

I agree with you Rowand44. I've only read about it (not watched).

Initially, I was very upset that they'd waste the MITB cash in like this, but in the end, it accomplishes a lot of goals: -Makes SD feel like 'must watch' TV -Adds fuel to the Cena feud -Makes Naka's title win at SS feel greater (since no threat of cash in) -Takes the MITB case off of Corbin who simply wasn't ready

Although it does beg the question of why give it to Corbin in the first place... so f*** these guys.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 02:20 PM)
I agree with you Rowand44. I've only read about it (not watched).

Initially, I was very upset that they'd waste the MITB cash in like this, but in the end, it accomplishes a lot of goals: -Makes SD feel like 'must watch' TV -Adds fuel to the Cena feud -Makes Naka's title win at SS feel greater (since no threat of cash in) -Takes the MITB case off of Corbin who simply wasn't ready

Although it does beg the question of why give it to Corbin in the first place... so f*** these guys.

If anything I'd like them to have the briefcase winners lose their cash ins more often. Adds more suspense, can't have them winning 95 percent of the time or whatever. It's just one gimmick, doesn't need to be a winner all the time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 19, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)
NXT Takeover's have to be the most consistent thing in wrestling history. They're incapable of having a bad one. And damn, I knew Cole was coming but that was a perfect way to debut him. Loved it.

Yep, it's almost to a point where I hate to see a guy promoted to the main roster.

Speaking of promotion, AOP and Glorious will almost certainly be promoted after what happened at the end of their matches.

I think Roode puts over Roddy then goes up for sure.

AOP, not sure.

I'm not familiar with Adam Cole. If the internet thinks he's good then that has to be true. Looks like just another small guy that superkicks. Hope he's good.