**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

Anyone going to have the go-home show of Raw in the background as they watch the W'sox tonight?

Im excited to see who Braun's partner will be... although I'm guessing they'll wait until w'mania to determine that. Hearing Rey Mysterio is a candidate... that might be a little awkward tho. I always thought it'd be Elias.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 11:14 AM)
Anyone going to have the go-home show of Raw in the background as they watch the W'sox tonight?

Im excited to see who Braun's partner will be... although I'm guessing they'll wait until w'mania to determine that. Hearing Rey Mysterio is a candidate... that might be a little awkward tho. I always thought it'd be Elias.

CM Punk

That was one incredibly s***ty opening segment between HHH+McMahon vs. Rousey+Angle.

The questions were completely basic and only had 3 fan questions. Ridiculous segment.

Ronda is quickly gaining the reputation for being the most cringeworthy star in WWE history. Every-single-time she speaks it is guaranteed cringe.

Oh my God, just watching the interaction at the end between STeph/HHH/Rousey through the table... absolutely ridiculous. This is no longer wrestling, this is watching basics do dance moves. Lmfao

So it's Wrestlemania season obviously, I want to give some thoughts/grades to the card:

Reigns vs. Lesnar

Build: B-

My excitement level for the match: D+

The build has been pretty good so far... up until tonight's Raw. We saw Reigns 'superman punch' Lesnar some 5-6 times. That move may be the worst move in all of wrestling. This build actually had me rooting for Reigns for a moment... Lesnar may be the only guy in WWE that I hate more than Reigns... however, when Reigns finally got the momentum going and then landed the weakest move in wrestling (superman punch) I just lost my s***. Build has been good, but when you have the two worst players in WWE squaring off, you can't overcome that.

This is a match that we all saw coming since last year and the entire year has been built around it. Therefore my excitement level is a D+. BAD.

AJ Styles vs. Nakamura

Build: C-

Excitement: A

This build has been sub-par for what should have been a masterful build between two fan-loved babyfaces. They put Nakamura on the mic way too often and make him speak english. Why not have him cut pre-recorded japanese promos with captions? That'd make him sound like a legit badass. Overall the play between AJ and Naka has been fine, but this could have been done much better. Match excitement is still a dream level match and I have high expectations.

Charlotte vs. Asuka

Build: C+

Again, another Japanese wrestler throwing English down our throats. Problem with Asuka is the undefeated streak is causing fans to lose interest. Build has been OK as we are getting a match between what I think is the two best woman's wrestlers on the roster. Excitement level is extremely high for what could be the best woman's match in the history of WWE.

Nia vs. Alexa

Build: B+

Excitement: C

This has been a story made throughout the past year. The build has been surprisingly good for this one as it has made me really want to root for Nia. I'm happy that Nia, the monster, get's her shot, but it should have been done at a sub PPV. The true dream talent on Raw really is Banks/Bayley and perhaps Bliss. A better match here would have been a great build between heel banks and face bayley, but we all know they ruined that. Excitement level is very low since Bliss can't wrestle all too well and this match should be a 5 minute or so match up. Great build tho.

Braun + ??? vs. Cesaro + Sheamus

Build: B-

Excitement: B-

Build has been fine for what we expect in a Raw tag title match at WM. I'm on the edge of my seat wondering who will be Braun's partner and it's good they haven't given it away yet meaning we get a surprise at WM. Fully expect Braun to win so that hurts the excitement a bit, but overall, a decent bout.

McMahon + HHH vs. Rousey + Angle

Build: D

Excitement: C+

Build has been horrid. From Rousey's cringeworthy everything to McMahon's ego being shoved down our throats. Everything about this stinks of just a publicity stunt and that's not good for any wrestling fan. I'm excited because it's Rousey, but she hasn't shown anything natural in the ring so that hurts it. It hurts my soul that Stephanie McMahon will be in a headline match here just to get her name out to the public.

Finn Balor vs. Miz vs. Rollins

Build: A

The best formed match on the card. The build has been phenomenal with all three getting at each other on the mic and in the ring. The three entities are represented perfectly and the match should be one hell of a match. This is how it's done.

Rusev vs. Roode vs. Orton vs. Jinder

Build: C

I'm a sucker for good mid-card feuds, unfortunately this one is hurt badly by the dynamics of face/heel. Rusev is playing a heel that the fans treat as a Face, Roose is playing an awkward face when he should be a classic heel, orton is playing a face when he is 100x better as a heel. Jinder is, well, Jinder.

The build has been OK for what it is, but unlike the triple threat build that came almost naturally, this one feels more like we need to get these stars on the card some how so throw them together here. Therefore we get a Meh average grade from me, but I'm still excited for Roode's first WM match and a possible stronger push for Rusev.

Bryan + McMahon (shane) vs. Owens + Zayn

Build: B

Exciement: B

Once again, a McMahon is put on Wrestlemania likely out of ego, but at least this McMahon can wrestle. The build has been very long and that has hurt it a bit, but it has been overall good. The length of the build and repetitiveness has made it sluggish, but there has been great moments littered throughout. The return of Bryan makes this match very worth while.

Cena vs. Taker

Build: C-

Excitement: D-

I don't want to see Taker wrestle again, he's old. The build has been all Cena, but without Taker showing up there's not much that you can do. This definitely does not feel like a Taker Mania match. So that's why it's a bad build. I can't fathom seeing old taker go through the motions therefore a D- in excitement level.

New Day vs. Usos vs. Bludgeon Brothers

Build: C+

The good? New Day and Usos have amazing chemistry and great matches. The bad? This s*** has been going on forever now between them. Now we get the Bludgeon brothers added, which is good, but this feels again like your typical "need to get them on the card" bout. It's not bad, it's not great, it's average from a division built around just two teams for over a year. Hopefully they make it a ladder match.

The battle royals are whatever and the Cruiserweight I have no idea about.

Edited by iWin4Ron

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 09:19 AM)
I also will be at Wrestlemania. Going with two buddies who love Wrestling and I'm more of a passive fan. Mostly going out of my love for New Orleans, but I am super pumped.

I've been to an ALCS game, two NFC Championships, multiple hockey playoff games and a few NBA playoff games but nothing will ever beat being at WrestleMania 22 live. The coolest sporting/entertainment event I've ever been to. I can't imagine how awesome it would be sitting with 80k people rather than 13k. Have a blast!

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 10:04 AM)
More excited for Bliss and Nia than Taker/Cena? Bliss continues to be the worst in-ring performer on the roster.

Her in ring work is bad, however the story they have created has spanned over a year and takes in topics of body shamming and it has made me want to see Bliss get her ass kicked. For WWE booking, that is a job well done.

After last years abysmal showing from the Undertaker and the weak build I do not want to even see him wrestle. It's a shame compared to his brilliant history.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 10:04 AM)
More excited for Bliss and Nia than Taker/Cena? Bliss continues to be the worst in-ring performer on the roster.

There is far more to wrestling than ... wrestling.

As a matter of fact, to this day I find the actual wrestling aspect to be the least entertaining aspect of the sport, especially when it doesn't contain any story or character. When I was a kid and I didn't know it was all predetermined, the wrestling was far more interesting. Today? It's just a stunt show, which is great, but when it goes on for too long it just gets monotonous.

I'm now a bit disapointed that they didn't just run with Cena vs. Joe instead of Cena vs. Taker.

I understand why they did what they do... but man Joe vs. Cena would have been Match Excitement of a B at least, and could of had a proper build.

Saw this posted on another forum as an idea from a fan:

At WM they should show Taker laying in an open grave with a tombstone that says RIP and a man standing over him with his back turned to the camera. He turns around and it's Joe. Joe tells Cena he is the reason Taker couldn't accept his challenge and that's because you belong to me and Joe comes out and destroys Cena.

lol, I think it's a good idea

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 01:55 PM)
Saw this posted on another forum as an idea from a fan:

At WM they should show Taker laying in an open grave with a tombstone that says RIP and a man standing over him with his back turned to the camera. He turns around and it's Joe. Joe tells Cena he is the reason Taker couldn't accept his challenge and that's because you belong to me and Joe comes out and destroys Cena.

lol, I think it's a good idea

Crrrrrringe.

Time for some WM Predictions for the fun of it all.

1. Woman's Battle Royal

Who f***ing knows. All I know is that it won't be Bayley or Banks as they will eliminate each other. Doesn't make sense for one of them to win it and the other to lose really. I guess I'm going to go with Ember Moon. It'd be cool for Kairi Sane to be in the Rumble.

2. Men's Battle Royal

s***ty match, absolute filler. I think it's down to either a surprise or Matt Hardy. Gotta think either Samoa Joe or Big Cass will be one of the surprises to win it. However, I'm not sure they will put Joe in this to 'ruin' his surprise return. I think Matt Hardy takes this.

3. Cruiserweight Title Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali

Tough to predict. They seem to be pointing towards Ali winning this... so I'm not going to get tricky and just pick Ali here.

4. US Championship: Orton vs. Roode vs. Rusev vs. Jinder

Jinder's not winning. Rusev was a late add due to merch movement... but the fans love him. I think WWE gives the fans a bone here and let's Rusev Day live on and win. I mean, if Orton wins people won't be happy... Roode is cool but not cool as a face.

5. Raw Tag title: The Bar vs. Strowman + ???

Another very tough one to predict. Gotta think Braun + ??? take this as the titles need to have a switch to make things more interesting... but at the same time, is the mystery partner there just to take the pin??

6. Smackdown Tag Titles: Usos vs. Bludgeon vs. New Day

Another tough one to predict! Love that it's hard to predict so far.

I guess the Bludgeon brothers win this and we see a shake up with either Usos or New day going to Raw.

7. Raw Womans Title: Bliss vs. Jax

Gotta go with Jax in a slightly more predictable match.

8. Raw IC Title three way: Balor vs. Rollins vs. Miz

Somewhat tough to predict, but I think they give it to Finn as he could be a great IC champion and mid card competitor.

9.Bryan + Shane vs. KO + Zayn

Should be KO+Zayn winning here since their 'careers' are on the line. That makes it somewhat obvious to predict.

10. Smackdown Woman's Title: Asuka vs. Flair

Asuka wins. Kinda easy to predict

11. Rousey + Angle vs. HHH + Steph

Rousey is winning here. Maybe the second most obvious choice on the card (first is Reigns winning).

12. John Cena vs. The Undertaker

I'm going with Undertaker here, although it's not obvious who wins this. It's a hard one to predict.

13. Smackdown Title: Aj Style vs. Nakamura

Man, another tough one to predict. A big part of me wants to predict AJ Styles only because we know Roman Reigns is winning and WWE likes to keep the cornaton to one person per Wrestlemania....

But another part of me wants Nakamura to rise from the RR win to this.

But I think AJ Styles takes this and Naka gets his revenge in the future.

14. Lesnar vs. Reigns

Reigns wins 100%

What an amazing NXT Takeover so far. That ladder match that opened the show is near 5* classic.

The heel turn from Roderick Strong to join UE was extremely well done.

It's amazing just how much better NXT Takeover is compared to anything the main show does.