**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 09:48 AM)
Think it's more likely that they might be moving towards a Women's rumble. We'll see.

Liv is going to die a death on the main roster cause she well sucks...sorry Brian. Ruby is a great in ring talent and she can talk so hopefully they actually let her use the mic. Logan is talented too and works pretty well as the muscle in a group.

Women's Rumble would be awesome and yeah about Liv. But she's pretty and I'm a sucker for girls out of my league.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)
2018 MITB show is in Chicago :)

Noice. Punk returns to WWE at the site of his greatest accomplishment!?

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 08:08 AM)
Hope not but I’ve heard those rumors as well.

Liv on SD works for me. I’m not a Ruby Riot fan but get she’s seasoned from indies and probably ready. No clue about Sarah Logan. That seems out of left field.

I definitely do not watch NXT enough, outside of Riot and Liv, I haven’t seen much of the other girls. Checking Mandy Rose’s model pics, her body is just redonk!

And yea I think Women’s rumble makes much more sense given the time of the year. It’s just that they now have 20 women on the main roster. Not sure how they plan to allocate enough air time to each woman so they could stay relevant after the Rumble.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)
I definitely do not watch NXT enough, outside of Riot and Liv, I haven’t seen much of the other girls. Checking Mandy Rose’s model pics, her body is just redonk!

Liv and Ruby are the only ones that were on much.

Mandy was a jobber a few times but usually just did house shows. Sonya has only been on a couple of times and Sarah Logan was only in Mae Young Classic.

Yes, Mandy's instagram is aces.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)

And yea I think Women’s rumble makes much more sense given the time of the year. It’s just that they now have 20 women on the main roster. Not sure how they plan to allocate enough air time to each woman so they could stay relevant after the Rumble.

I've noticed them trying to establish secondary feuds for the women. I think we'll see women taking on a bigger role on each show as the roster grows.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 06:34 PM)
I've noticed them trying to establish secondary feuds for the women. I think we'll see women taking on a bigger role on each show as the roster grows.

Then it would come at the expense of the men’s feuds. There just isn’t enough food to feed the mouths, unless they give the women a show of their own, much like 205 live.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 22, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
Then it would come at the expense of the men’s feuds. There just isn’t enough food to feed the mouths, unless they give the women a show of their own, much like 205 live.

They have like 90 hours of television every week, there's PLENTY of time to go around. There's no reason to not have secondary women's feuds, we don't need 8000 video packages a show.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 23, 2017 -> 11:50 AM)
They have like 90 hours of television every week, there's PLENTY of time to go around. There's no reason to not have secondary women's feuds, we don't need 8000 video packages a show.

Or be reminded over and over about what happened in the first segment.

Yeah -- The WWE Marketing procedures is the most sickening element of the product.

The pre-shows, the commentary, the PPV names, the 'network package', the video packages, the flash backs are just awful. Makes one feel like a 6 year old watching the show.

It's a problem I've been pondering for years now... how to develop the secondary feuds to make the divisions relevant...

Right now it feels like hot potato with the title belts.

My opinion would be to merge US + IC title into one and have it be cross brand to develop guys better and make it more credible. I'd also give the women a show of their own (maybe replace 205 live, but give them 2 hours a week).

Then you have the two main titles which are usually credible to some degree, or at least, they have enough show time to make them credible. You have mid card tag titles (merged) and mid card IC title. Then they can focus on building up the divisions.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Nov 25, 2017 -> 03:25 PM)
Yeah -- The WWE Marketing procedures is the most sickening element of the product.

The pre-shows, the commentary, the PPV names, the 'network package', the video packages, the flash backs are just awful. Makes one feel like a 6 year old watching the show.

It's a problem I've been pondering for years now... how to develop the secondary feuds to make the divisions relevant...

Right now it feels like hot potato with the title belts.

My opinion would be to merge US + IC title into one and have it be cross brand to develop guys better and make it more credible. I'd also give the women a show of their own (maybe replace 205 live, but give them 2 hours a week).

Then you have the two main titles which are usually credible to some degree, or at least, they have enough show time to make them credible. You have mid card tag titles (merged) and mid card IC title. Then they can focus on building up the divisions.

They’ve worked too hard to establish the women as a focal point to move them exclusively to their own show.

If the brand split isn’t a hardline (as we’ve seen, it’s not... dual branded PPVs, Cena, AJ crossing brands, etc.) having the titles split between the brands is part of the problem. If they unify the tag and women’s titles, those divisions have a lot more entertaining possibilities. One show can be homebase for a champion, and the other show can develop secondary stories that don’t necessarily revolve around the titles. Some of the greatest storylines in WWE history had nothing to do with a title. Eventually, all things circle up to championships, but they need to develop better secondary stories that turn into title runs if they get over. To keep things interesting and competitive with the women, they could introduce a women’s tag team title as their mid card option.

They wouldn’t have to change much, but here’s how I’d use titles in my fantasy WWE:

WWE World Championship - main event only championship / constantly front of mind / keep it on a full timer

Universal Champion - high level champion / not always a focal point / good for up and comers or part timers

Intercontinental Champion - supplemental championship to the Universal / established, credible, defended often / can be used as a main event title for weekly shows

US Championship - true mid card championship / never elevated / good stepping stone to IC or World Championship

Cruiserweight Champion - Obvious weight class distinction, but I’d like to see some of these guys cross over into US Title or IC contention.

Women’s Championship

Tag Team Championship

Women’s Tag Team Championship

I don't see how you could possibly make all the divisions credible with all the of the titles you would have in your fantasy WWE. They can't do it now because they have no time to develop the natural build up for titles. How would you have distinctions between WWE / Universal / Inter / US? I see that you wrote it there, but meh -- I don't think it's possible with that many titles.

These days, we had a perfect example of WWE messing this up: Roman Reigns is the IC champion. This is your face of the company and you give him the IC title? Why? He should be fighting for the big title. Well, they gave him this to keep him occupied as their main title is gone for a while (part time lesnar).

But nice to see a good post here other than me.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Nov 27, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
I don't see how you could possibly make all the divisions credible with all the of the titles you would have in your fantasy WWE. They can't do it now because they have no time to develop the natural build up for titles. How would you have distinctions between WWE / Universal / Inter / US? I see that you wrote it there, but meh -- I don't think it's possible with that many titles.

These days, we had a perfect example of WWE messing this up: Roman Reigns is the IC champion. This is your face of the company and you give him the IC title? Why? He should be fighting for the big title. Well, they gave him this to keep him occupied as their main title is gone for a while (part time lesnar).

But nice to see a good post here other than me.

I hear you on Roman, but I think him having the IC is good for business. They're backtracking on having two terribly disengaging top-level champions for the past 6+ months. Brock and Jinder were really an awful combination of champions. Putting the IC on Roman will give the rest of the Raw roster something to attack for and obviously putting the WWE title on AJ is an effort to return that belt to the prestige that it should have. I just don't know how they get the IC off of Roman before his inevitable Universal title run before Mania.

The Attitude Era had 7 active titles (WWF, IC, European, Hardcore, Light Heavyweight, Women's, Tag). Some of the titles were more active than others but they seemed to make it work. I'd have to revisit some of the content, but I feel like they all had a lane that they lived in. The eras aren't totally comparable, but they have similar amounts of TV time. It's the Universal title that makes the separation of divisions so foggy.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
These are my least favorite matches, no matter the competitors.

The commercial breaks hurt any flow the match may have and just take up too much time. Seth vs Cesaro should've been great but just meh.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 10:21 PM)
Ya it was. There was a lot of good in ring stuff tonight. Happy to have the Broken one back as well, lets see if he can actually make Bray interesting.

Don’t you mean WOKEN???

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 10:21 PM)
Ya it was. There was a lot of good in ring stuff tonight. Happy to have the Broken one back as well, lets see if he can actually make Bray interesting.

Overall, one of my favorite RAW shows in a while. Very well done last night.

If they went with an Angle vs Jordan match at Mania, I wouldn't hate it.

Mandy Rose looks like she was created in a lab. Actually interested in what the deal is with Asuka.

Braun is so FN over. He needs to beat Brock at Mania. There is no other option.

A long Joe IC title run would be great.

I'm kinda surprised they are letting Matt go with how he was in TNA. Thought they would tweak more than just the name. Maybe this writes Bray off.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 16, 2017 -> 06:32 PM)
Vince McMahon is likely launching another football league, with an announcement coming next month.

I don’t believe it since some unverified dude on twitter reported it. Nobody else has picked it up.

He’s too old to start another venture, especially resurrecting one that failed.