**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 16, 2017 -> 08:50 PM)
I don’t believe it since some unverified dude on twitter reported it. Nobody else has picked it up.

He’s too old to start another venture, especially resurrecting one that failed.

This isn't true. A lot of the legit reporters picked up on it Friday night after the rumor started. There's a lot of smoke there.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 10:28 AM)
I was happy with last night's show. Jinder still sucks in the ring, but overall the show kept me entertained.

Agreed for the most part. US title match and tag titles match were super fun. KO/Sami vs. Nak/Randy wasn't great in the ring but told the story perfectly and I loved the ending. The WWE title match was probably the most uninteresting match AJ has had all year but that's cause of the competition.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
This isn't true. A lot of the legit reporters picked up on it Friday night after the rumor started. There's a lot of smoke there.

Try and keep up, son. My post was out of date.

Hope it means Vince is handing the controls over for good while he wastes more of Steph and Shane's inheritance on something else.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 10:58 AM)
Try and keep up, son. My post was out of date.

Hope it means Vince is handing the controls over for good while he wastes more of Steph and Shane's inheritance on something else.

It was from Saturday night and legit people picked up on it Friday night. I saw the date of it and wouldn’t miss a chance to tell you you’re wrong.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 26, 2017 -> 08:59 AM)
Kind of upset WWE put the tag titles on Rollins and Jordan.

This is 100 percent me speculating here but I'm guessing they use that as a way to make Ambrose pissy when he comes back(he's not going to be out 9 months) and turn him heel.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 26, 2017 -> 09:16 AM)
This is 100 percent me speculating here but I'm guessing they use that as a way to make Ambrose pissy when he comes back(he's not going to be out 9 months) and turn him heel.

I think Ambrose is 99% turning heel, and story would revolve around Seth accidentally injuring him last week.

I also think it's silly they tried so hard with the JJ storyline after breaking up the Alphas, but in the end they have to put him back in a tag team and have Rollins carry him. I was also hoping they would stop burying Rollins in the tag division.

I was at Raw last night. Jordan is full heel and people still love Seth... it’s going to be an interesting dynamic, but it pretty clearly lays a path to Dean turning on Seth.

Overall, the show was a really great production and the crowd was hot. I think they gave Chicago a good episode.

I've taking some time off of WWE but with Wrestlemania season approaching the rumors are starting to come in.

One rumor that I just came across is that John Cena will be having a HUGE match at WM. Bigger than a AJ Styles world title match.

They speculated this meant one of Undertaker, Batista, Goldberg, or Hulk Hogan, with the likely candidate being the Undertaker.

Why is the Undertaker treated as a huge match? He lost twice at WM now. He can NOT wrestle any more. This s*** bothers me. He should be retired.

I hear Batista might want to come back full time, but Cena vs. Batista has been done to death. Not interested.

Hogan is practically dead. Ok, not, but you get my point.

Goldberg is unfortunately the best of the 4 in terms of ability, but meh, can't see it happening.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 04:30 PM)
I've taking some time off of WWE but with Wrestlemania season approaching the rumors are starting to come in.

One rumor that I just came across is that John Cena will be having a HUGE match at WM. Bigger than a AJ Styles world title match.

They speculated this meant one of Undertaker, Batista, Goldberg, or Hulk Hogan, with the likely candidate being the Undertaker.

Why is the Undertaker treated as a huge match? He lost twice at WM now. He can NOT wrestle any more. This s*** bothers me. He should be retired.

I hear Batista might want to come back full time, but Cena vs. Batista has been done to death. Not interested.

Hogan is practically dead. Ok, not, but you get my point.

Goldberg is unfortunately the best of the 4 in terms of ability, but meh, can't see it happening.

I don’t really know how they build any of those matches into something *HUGE*. I don’t think AJ is the right opponent for Cena because they had such a great trilogy already, but a legends match doesn’t get me excited either. I’m honestly a fan of Cena and I think he turns up his in-ring ability for big shows, so I want him to have a good match for Mania. There aren’t a lot of options because of the way the titles lay out most of the other matches, so I’m interested in how this will play out.

I'm not interested but heard rumors of Batista returning and they are 1-1 against each other.

I'd like to see Joe win the IC belt from Roman at Mania but Joe beating Cena would be great as well.

Edited by Brian

Yeah -- I am OK with Cena too. I love his current role on the roster and he seems to embrace building up the roster. His matches with AJ were fantastic and he seems to put on a good match given the right opponent style. His character work and charisma is obviously phenomenal.

...Which is why it peeves me so much that it's like going to be something like Batista vs. Cena or Taker vs. Cena.

Cena vs. Samoa Joe anyone? In a highly dramatic feud starting at or before the rumble? That'd be awesome for Joe and a good fresh feud for Cena. Do that! Have Joe take the IC title off Reigns prior and make it for the IC title! Dooooo it.

That's pretty much the only logical opponent I have for Cena.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Dec 29, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
Yeah -- I am OK with Cena too. I love his current role on the roster and he seems to embrace building up the roster. His matches with AJ were fantastic and he seems to put on a good match given the right opponent style. His character work and charisma is obviously phenomenal.

...Which is why it peeves me so much that it's like going to be something like Batista vs. Cena or Taker vs. Cena.

Cena vs. Samoa Joe anyone? In a highly dramatic feud starting at or before the rumble? That'd be awesome for Joe and a good fresh feud for Cena. Do that! Have Joe take the IC title off Reigns prior and make it for the IC title! Dooooo it.

I'd be way into a Cena v. Joe feud. They have to get the IC off of Roman so he can go after the Universal title (hopefully not via a Royal Rumble win) and his feud with Joe is great so far. Joe could play the "hard worker, night-in-night-out, started from the bottom now I'm here" champ and call out Cena as the "part timer, silver spoon, etc." Cena's motivation for the IC title would be to become a Grand Slam champion. They could put on a great show at Wrestlemania.

I agree with everything you said. It's a perfect fit. It also can easily be billed as a bit of a dream match.

So I'm going to play some fantasy booking on how I'd have wrestlemania booked. Every year WM comes as a remainder to wrestling fans that the WWE couldn't give a s*** about you and instead caters to the general public through celebrities, old timers, and so on. But here's what I would try to do if I was in charge (understand: I haven't watched WWE in about a month+ so, give me some leeway :P, also note, I am trying to keep with some storylines and not just go complete fantasy).

1. Main event: AJ Styles vs. Nakamura for the Title (Naka wins the Royal rumble in shocking fashion to set up this dream match that has been teased for quite some time now)

This is the best thing Smackdown has going for it, it's really the only option. They don't have anywhere else they can go.

2. Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

Unfortunately, at this point you have to do this match. Wasted 2017 by building up Lesnar for this moment, well, here it is. No one else can match him due to their booking so this is unfortunate. Of course, WWE will put this as the main event.

3. Samoa Joe vs. John Cena IC Title match

For all the reasons stated above.

4. Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton US Title match

I got to admit, I had no idea what I wanted to do here with Roode. I wanted to do Roode vs. Owens, but I think Owens needs to be working with Zayn in a program somehow. So, Orton needs a match, put him here and put over Roode. Have Roode with the US Title from the tournament then have him go full on heel glorious style.

5. Raw Womans title: Ouch, this is a v. hard one, but I guess we have to go with Asuka vs. Bliss? I'm not sure here, but that seems to be the best. Asuka obv. winning

6. SD womans: Charlotte vs. Becky? IDK, is Becky injured? Either way, this is the best they have. Of course WWE will go with huge multi-woman matches destroying the credibility of the divisions, but one can dream, huh?

7. Raw Tag title match: Rollins+Jordan vs. ?? vs. ??? Ladder match?? IDK. Their tag division is lame. But needs to be ehre.

8. SD Tag Division match: Some good stuff on this show, sure they can come up with something.

9. Strowman vs. Balor? IDK.

10. Matt Hardy vs. Wyatt? Eh??

11. Kevin owens + Sami Zayn vs. ???

Jesus this s*** is hard. Left out so many talent, IDK how WWE does this. Kevin owens, Matt Hardy, women's divisions, Sami Zayn, Cruiserweights, Jinder Mahal, Bray Wyatt, etc.

I'd love to see Finn Balor win the rumble and, instead of challenging Lesnar for the Universal, challenge his old pal AJ for the WWE title. This would clear Lesnar for Roman and get Finn out of being buried by the big guys on Raw. Not gonna happen, but a boy can dream.

I think a Smackdown wrestler will win the Rumble and then Reigns will win his number 1 contender status at Elimination Chamber.

Smackdown Tag division is awesome. Plenty of ways they can go with that.

Raw Tag division is really weak. I'm really tired of seeing The Bar v. Rollins

I think we'll see Paige in the Raw women's championship match somehow

Smackdown women have a lot of storylines. Charlotte can go toe to toe with anyone.

I think Samoa Joe carries the IC to Mania, not sure who he'll actually go against, but Cena would be great.

Matt v. Bray can fill the pre show.

Gotta get Braun in there somewhere, but I couldn't tell you where.

Not sure what happens with KO/Sami/Shane/Daniel Bryan. They've been main eventing Smackdown lately, so it's hard to say where they'll all be by Mania.

Edited by ChrisLikesBaseball

Gotta say, I love the way Smackdown has booked the US Title this month. It's normally booked like s***, but having Dolph win it only to vacant it into a tournament is a great move for Dolph's character, it has been great so far for the US title, and I love that it will be finalized at the Royal Rumble. I hope they pick a good winner *cough* king Roode! *cough*.

I like that they have built New day vs. Rusev/English also around this tournament. Shows good consistent booking there.

Also liking SD's tag division and AJ vs. Owens/Zayn with Bryan being a tweaner.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 07:32 PM)
Only watched Jericho vs Omega so far but it was pretty great. Jericho is so good at ring psychology. He’s probably now in my top 5 all time.

I randomly woke up at 3:30 that night and turned on WrestleKingdom. Jericho absolutely killed it in that match. The whole card really delivered a great set of performances. I wasn’t all that familiar with NJPW, and even without 7 minute video packages for each match (*cough* WWE *cough*) I was able to pick up on what the storyline was. It was really interesting to recognize the differences in presentation.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 11:49 PM)
Gotta say, I love the way Smackdown has booked the US Title this month. It's normally booked like s***, but having Dolph win it only to vacant it into a tournament is a great move for Dolph's character, it has been great so far for the US title, and I love that it will be finalized at the Royal Rumble. I hope they pick a good winner *cough* king Roode! *cough*.

I like that they have built New day vs. Rusev/English also around this tournament. Shows good consistent booking there.

Also liking SD's tag division and AJ vs. Owens/Zayn with Bryan being a tweaner.

I agree with everything you said, except the Owens/Zayn/Bryan stuff, but I’m not a fan of authority figures being lead storylines. I don’t really get how Zayn/Owens went from begging for their jobs to a weirdly booked shot at the title at a major PPV.

If that storyline doesn’t end with Daniel Bryan getting back in the ring, it will have been a waste of time.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Dec 29, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)

Joe's promo on last night's Raw singled out Cena as his #1 target during the Rumble. The Joe v. Cena build up begins and I'm way into it.