**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 09:13 AM)
Joe's promo on last night's Raw singled out Cena as his #1 target during the Rumble. The Joe v. Cena build up begins and I'm way into it.

Read report that they may use Joe as a way to push Cena to Taker. God, I hope not. Joe going over Cena at Mania is the obvious way to go.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest seems to be 'Taker vs. Cena at WM. That's a terrible route. Taker is RIP in terms of ability.

God awful.

Reigns vs. Lesnar should be a fun match and finally we get the title off of Lesnar, but how boring of a book-job can you do there? And f*** both Reigns and Lesnar.

Taker vs. Cena as the other main event sucks too.

At least we will likely get Styles vs. Nak

So, I was sitting in bed wide awake and started day dreaming of a *realistic* Wrestlemania card that I think would be pretty f*cking awesome. Here it is.

Note that while this is fantasy, this is built on the current status (pre-Royal Rumble) that WWE has going for them. This is as realistic, but as awesome, as I can imagine it right now. I.e. No AJ Styles vs. Strowman because that makes no sense.

3 Main events:

1. Raw Title: Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strownman (details: Strowman becomes absolutely dominating after being screwed at the RR (lesnar pins kane)... meanwhile, Lesnar decides to finally go full heel as he realizes Strowman cannot be taken on face to face. In the build up, Strowman finds a way to become #1 contender and Lesnar begins to attack strowman from behind (something Lesnar never does). Ultimately, Strowman wins the title as face monster at WM)

2. SD Title: AJ vs. Nakamura (details: Naka wins the RR and goes on to have a long awaited feud with Styles. Fans want this, it's a great wrestling match, great for both competitors, easy booking).

3. Roman Reigns vs. John Cena (details: Both man *have* to be in big feuds, why not this? Don't waste Cena on an aged 'Taker.. do this match and let the internet fans go crazy. This is killing 2 birds with one stone as both these Faces of the company are fan-hated, but together they might be big enough to be a huge draw and a great build as this will represent who the real face of the company is, kind of.)

Rest of the matches/titles:

4. Raw Tag titles Jason Jordan + Seth Rollins vs. Revival with Revival going over and this igniting problems between JJ and Seth.

5. SD Tag Titles: TLC Match between Usos vs. Kevin Owens + Zayn vs. Third team (Likely New Day, or Shelton/Gable or FF). Could also be a 4-way TLC but I prefer 3-way. KO + Zayn win this match and go on to wreck havock in tag division being a great team (have nothing else for them so this seems to fit)

6. US TITLE Match and WM Opening match: Bobby Roode (goes full on heel after winning the US Title tournament) vs. Randy Orton with Orton putting over Roode here in the opening boute. I normally likely to keep the mid card seperated from the main eventers, but we need to get Orton on the show and this would put him to great usage. Orton is generally considered boring, but I'd enjoy this match very well.

7. IC Title Fatal 4-way: Samoa Joe (comes in as champ after defeating Roman) vs. Demon Balor vs. Wyatt vs. Woken Matt Hardy. Can do a lot here, you have 2 faces and 2 heels, perfect way to get all these guys on the show in a meaningful match and strong programs going forward. No one wants to see a 1on1 between Wyatt and Hardy, but putting them here makes some comedic sense and can do a lot of angles depending on who you want to win.

8. SD Womans Title: Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch : with Flair as heel turn and Becky as super babyface who goes on to win the big one here. Why? Becky deserves this and this would be a wrestling clinic for the womens division. Ideal match for SD.

9. Raw Womans triple threat title match: Alexa Bliss vs. Asuka vs. Nia Jax (details: Asuka's big match... have her win the Royal Rumble... have Nia Jax in this match for unpredictability and to get her on the card.)

Kick off show matchs:

10. Inter-promotional Tag match: Bayley+Banks vs. 2 SD Woman (Natayla + ??? Naomi ??) Why? Get these girls on the card.

11. Cruiserweight title match Hideo Itami vs. ____ Kendrick ?

12. Andre-Giant Rumble, ....

Other possibilities if the WM card has time on it:

1. HHH vs. Angle because why not ? This would sell tickets, it's already being built towards. Not many of us want to see this, but it's there..

2. Kane vs. Undertaker III in a duel retirement match where both legends have their last harouh.

3. A miz match. Not sure vs. whom, but maybe Elias? I dont know... further work can be done here. Same with a Baron corbin match.

4. Another womans match... admitedly I don't know who would get this spot.

Opinions?

Edited by iWin4Ron

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jan 13, 2018 -> 12:35 AM)
So, I was sitting in bed wide awake and started day dreaming of a *realistic* Wrestlemania card that I think would be pretty f*cking awesome. Here it is.

Note that while this is fantasy, this is built on the current status (pre-Royal Rumble) that WWE has going for them. This is as realistic, but as awesome, as I can imagine it right now. I.e. No AJ Styles vs. Strowman because that makes no sense.

3 Main events:

1. Raw Title: Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strownman (details: Strowman becomes absolutely dominating after being screwed at the RR (lesnar pins kane)... meanwhile, Lesnar decides to finally go full heel as he realizes Strowman cannot be taken on face to face. In the build up, Strowman finds a way to become #1 contender and Lesnar begins to attack strowman from behind (something Lesnar never does). Ultimately, Strowman wins the title as face monster at WM)

2. SD Title: AJ vs. Nakamura (details: Naka wins the RR and goes on to have a long awaited feud with Styles. Fans want this, it's a great wrestling match, great for both competitors, easy booking).

3. Roman Reigns vs. John Cena (details: Both man *have* to be in big feuds, why not this? Don't waste Cena on an aged 'Taker.. do this match and let the internet fans go crazy. This is killing 2 birds with one stone as both these Faces of the company are fan-hated, but together they might be big enough to be a huge draw and a great build as this will represent who the real face of the company is, kind of.)

Rest of the matches/titles:

4. Raw Tag titles Jason Jordan + Seth Rollins vs. Revival with Revival going over and this igniting problems between JJ and Seth.

5. SD Tag Titles: TLC Match between Usos vs. Kevin Owens + Zayn vs. Third team (Likely New Day, or Shelton/Gable or FF). Could also be a 4-way TLC but I prefer 3-way. KO + Zayn win this match and go on to wreck havock in tag division being a great team (have nothing else for them so this seems to fit)

6. US TITLE Match and WM Opening match: Bobby Roode (goes full on heel after winning the US Title tournament) vs. Randy Orton with Orton putting over Roode here in the opening boute. I normally likely to keep the mid card seperated from the main eventers, but we need to get Orton on the show and this would put him to great usage. Orton is generally considered boring, but I'd enjoy this match very well.

7. IC Title Fatal 4-way: Samoa Joe (comes in as champ after defeating Roman) vs. Demon Balor vs. Wyatt vs. Woken Matt Hardy. Can do a lot here, you have 2 faces and 2 heels, perfect way to get all these guys on the show in a meaningful match and strong programs going forward. No one wants to see a 1on1 between Wyatt and Hardy, but putting them here makes some comedic sense and can do a lot of angles depending on who you want to win.

8. SD Womans Title: Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch : with Flair as heel turn and Becky as super babyface who goes on to win the big one here. Why? Becky deserves this and this would be a wrestling clinic for the womens division. Ideal match for SD.

9. Raw Womans triple threat title match: Alexa Bliss vs. Asuka vs. Nia Jax (details: Asuka's big match... have her win the Royal Rumble... have Nia Jax in this match for unpredictability and to get her on the card.)

Kick off show matchs:

10. Inter-promotional Tag match: Bayley+Banks vs. 2 SD Woman (Natayla + ??? Naomi ??) Why? Get these girls on the card.

11. Cruiserweight title match Hideo Itami vs. ____ Kendrick ?

12. Andre-Giant Rumble, ....

Other possibilities if the WM card has time on it:

1. HHH vs. Angle because why not ? This would sell tickets, it's already being built towards. Not many of us want to see this, but it's there..

2. Kane vs. Undertaker III in a duel retirement match where both legends have their last harouh.

3. A miz match. Not sure vs. whom, but maybe Elias? I dont know... further work can be done here. Same with a Baron corbin match.

4. Another womans match... admitedly I don't know who would get this spot.

Opinions?

I'd be happy with this card, but I'm too big a fan of Balor to accept him in the IC title picture, especially now that The Club has formed. This is his chance to get into the Main Event picture. He'll need a Mania match, but I think it's a feud ending match, not a title shot. I'd like to see him take the Universal Title at/around Summerslam.

I love Nakamura winning the rumble, and it could happen even though he's not in the forefront right now. Raw has Elimination Chamber in February to set up as a #1 contender match. Braun would be a great winner for that.

Next week's Raw and the Royal Rumble are going to be very telling towards what we'll get at Mania.. Can't wait to see it unfold! I love Wrestlemania season.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jan 15, 2018 -> 08:52 PM)
I'd be happy with this card, but I'm too big a fan of Balor to accept him in the IC title picture, especially now that The Club has formed. This is his chance to get into the Main Event picture. He'll need a Mania match, but I think it's a feud ending match, not a title shot. I'd like to see him take the Universal Title at/around Summerslam.

I love Nakamura winning the rumble, and it could happen even though he's not in the forefront right now. Raw has Elimination Chamber in February to set up as a #1 contender match. Braun would be a great winner for that.

Next week's Raw and the Royal Rumble are going to be very telling towards what we'll get at Mania.. Can't wait to see it unfold! I love Wrestlemania season.

Love WM season too, it's just hard to get my expectations up too much as they continually fail. I think WM is consistently my biggest disappointment of wrestling for the past few years.

Everyone knows their going with Brock vs. Reigns, I just can't imagine them letting Reigns win the RR again. I think it's going to be Naka (he's also the betting favorite right now). Another guy is Ziggler. But beyond those three, they really have no one else. We know it's Reigns vs. Lesnar. We know it's AJ vs ____.

So they bumped the US Title match OFF the Royal Rumble card. I understand why this decision was made (time) but this sucks big time. It's a typical WWE move that kills the credibility of the belt and competitors. It was the #1 thing I looked forward to on the rumble (Roode getting the title) and the credibility of the mid-card on a PPV. It also would have been one of the more technical savvy matches on the card (maybe the only one?).

Ah well.

More people see SD than the PPVs on the network and the whole show was dedicated to the US Title, where the winner had to win two matches in 2 hours to win it.

It would have been the 5th most important match at the Rumble and could’ve been lost in the shuffle.

Smart move doing it last night.

I just hope Roode gets to be a top heel on SD sometime.

Great show for Raw 25, only one negative comment: Too many commercials. Other than that, the booking was very very nice for a change.

I wonder why they had Miz go over Reigns (theri face of the company) on this big of an event. I was shocked, what a hell of a match that was.

Also, Cena got wrecked by Elias. Jeez.

Lesnar got wrecked by Strowman.

Cena is just a punching bag these days for the new guys. I dig his effort to give back, but he's got to take on some W's too. haha.

Also, I hear people at the manhattan center were extremely upset since they did not get much of a show...

Anyone excited about the Royal Rumble this year? I know my expectations are very low after what they did to us last year...

Having Reigns in the Royal Rumble at spot 30 after his championship match in the night... little to no surprises.

This year we really have two realistic picks for winner in Reigns and Nakamaru. Everyone else has so little chance. Maybe Ziggler as a surprise.

Low expectations, but I'll be watching.

same thing for Woman's btw... it's basically Ronda person or Asuka.

NXT Takeover Philadelphia was incredible. I don’t keep up with the NXT shows every week, but I check in often enough to know who’s who. Cole v. Black was amazing and I had no idea how Almas v. Gargano was going to follow it, but they stole the show. There’s some really amazing work coming from that segment of the roster.

The Royal Rumble is my favorite wrestling event of the year. Regardless of whether there’s an obvious winner or it’s a little more open, it’s fun to see the spots and the interactions in the ring.

I watch the weekly NXT shows on Sat mornings as my routine. It sucjs they can’t build matches and tell stories on the main roster like that, for various reasons. Just great stuff.

Gargano is one of the top guys i enjoy watching. No matter what.

Bad decision: Having Roode in an 'open-challenge match' against Mojo Rowley. Why? Open challenge matches are happening far too often in the WWE these days with the mid-card titles. Why? Because WWE can't book worth s***. An Open challenge match is basically "we have no direction, so let's throw a match together." Having Mojo vs. Roode was a decent kick off match, but was a let down immediately Mojo came out.

The good: WWE announced that the winner of the 30-man rumble can fight for either title of one's choosing. Why is this good? Because we already knew Reigns vs. Lesnar is Raw's side, but now a raw superstar can still win the Rumble and go on to fight for the SD title. This opens up the possibility of Balor / Strowman / etc. winning the rumble making it that much more unpredictable.

The rumor: AJ styles is losing his championship then going on to win the rumble. I don't believe this rumor, just a rumor going around.

Men's RR was legitimately good with a great and deserving winner. First time in many years this has happened. Good RR with good storylines and good surprises. Great ending with the final 4. V. Happy to see Reigns/Cena not win it.

See? It's not that hard to please me. I've been very happy with the results of almost everything so far on the RR... minus the pre-show matches which don't really matter.

I could wriet some minor things like wtf was the point of Ziggler coming back to be eliminated.

Edited by iWin4Ron

I'm with you fathom. No one wants to see him anymore because they aren't invested in his story. People cheer like crazy with Braun... because their invested in his story and future. No one wants to see a part time champ who is destined to go on to WM to feed Reigns.

The woman's rumble match exceeded my expectations. It was a great rumble match and the winner was predictable, but fine. Asuka is the most over woman and most believable winner and a Asuka vs. Bliss match at mania will be excellent.

However, it is a missed opportunity to slingshot one of the woman to relevance (Banks / Bayley / Becky) who deserve it the most. They've abused this three woman with s*** story lines and booking so long that they are practically useless right now.

Overall, 2 great Royal Rumble matches, 2 decent but meh tag matches, and 2 obvious but fun title matches.