**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 17, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)
There will be 5 matches on the main card and one pre show one as well so don't worry about only 4 being announced so far. And yes the atmosphere and actual card is never a let down so it's worth going to if you can.

Strong-EY to close out the main card. Mcintyre-Wesley Blake and Tommy End confirmed before the pay per view opens so we're actually getting a whole episode of NXT before the show goes live too. I'll be there, looking forward to it.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ May 18, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)
2 of the 3 last SD's before Backlash, Nakamura doesn't appear. WTF? Is he going to be treated like Lesnar now?

Not to that extent but it's more special if he is not there every week.

Where has Mojo been? He only won the battle royal at Mania.

I'm guessing they were keeping Nak's appearances scarce to make his first match feel all that more special, especially cause the pop for him in Chicago is going to be crazy no matter what.

And who cares where Mojo has been? Ha.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 18, 2017 -> 10:56 AM)
I'm guessing they were keeping Nak's appearances scarce to make his first match feel all that more special, especially cause the pop for him in Chicago is going to be crazy no matter what.

And who cares where Mojo has been? Ha.

Just saying, why would you have him with the battle royal then disappear?

And I think you two would be good friends.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 18, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
Just saying, why would you have him with the battle royal then disappear?

And I think you two would be good friends.

Cause of Gronk if we're being totally honest. And I'm sure him and I would actually get along fantastic, doesn't mean I want to watch him wrestle.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2017 -> 07:17 PM)
Anyone follow EVOLVE? In Chicago this weekend. Saw my first shows last month and enjoyed it because it was different than WWE and they have good talent like Riddle and Sabre.

I do but we already had this conversation. Went to their show pre mania last year and it was awesome. Wish I could go today but drinking and stuff.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 21, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
So Takeover was absolutely awesome. The UK match might be MOTY(I liked it better than Omega-Okada) and the ladder match was incredible too. The Gargano-Ciampa program going forward should be unreal.

How come I feel like Yolmer turning on Saladino is next? Friendships suck in 2017

first off, I absolutely LOVED takeover. Really, it was insanely awesome.

I post here to post an opinion:

What if they had Bobby Roode Stay in NXT until the Royal Rumble. Have him and his wonderful entrance be combatant #2. Now, the fans/everybody would expect him to last for some time, but be eliminated, but slowly and surely he ends up winning the Rumble.

Now, for a few weeks after the Rumble, he gives cocky interviews and promos proclaiming how Glorious he is and we have the added curiosity of just which champion he will decide to face at Wrestlemania.

Meanwhile, Styles becomes Champion over say Randy Orton at the Rumble.

Ultimately, Roode decides to take on Styles at WM for the championship and they go on to have a great WM match (victor can be either one, preferrably Roode due to the Rumble storyline).

Is that DOPE or what!?!?!?

The thing about NXT Takeover to me was the difference in styles represented.

You had an amazing indy-style technical war in the UK Championship.

You had the brilliant psychology of bobby Roode in the championship match.

You had the brutal spotfest in the ladder match.

I think there is an important lost art in Bobby Roodes style. Some might say its boring, but it's ring psychology the way it should be. He seems to get over the faces properly where the crowd ends up cheering for the face. It's magical!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 22, 2017 -> 12:29 AM)
Here's a weird take, outside of Punk-Cena in 2011 I've never had more fun watching a match than the breezango stuff tonight. Legit just dying laughing the whole time.

Same, it was fantastic lol. Would of been great if they would of won.

I had a great time at Backlash last night...show was way better than I was expecting...the tag match was hilarious and fun as hell...the only match that really fell flat live was the women's match. It's become very apparent how much Bliss anchored the SD women's division, and without her around -- coupled with forcing Charlotte as a babyface -- they just have nothing going.

The Ultimate Naomi is an absolute disaster as champion...they can't get that belt on Charlotte soon enough.