NCAA basketball thread 2017-18

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2017 -> 06:27 PM)
Biggest bag of cash. Right?

This one is admittedly different, the family has been quoted by insider reporters saying they prefaced any interest from a school saying they wouldn't allow anything dirty and would cut schools if they saw that.

DePaul just landed 5-star PG out of La Lumiere. Biggest get for the Demons in 10 years. As a long, long suffering DePaul fan, it's nice to wake up to some good news. Dave Leitao and Shane Heirman putting something together down in Lincoln Park.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colle...0508-story.html

*Linked fixed

Edited by SmashROT

That wasn't a direct link but FYI it's for Tyger Campbell and he said he's going to try and be a 2018 commit.

Good get after the LaLumiere coach.

Campbell just had a few really nice AAU weekends.

QUOTE (SmashROT @ May 9, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
DePaul just landed 5-star PG out of La Lumiere. Biggest get for the Demons in 10 years. As a long, long suffering DePaul fan, it's nice to wake up to some good news. Dave Leitao and Shane Heirman putting something together down in Lincoln Park.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/

As someone who has seen Tyger in person and talked with him a little bit personally, this kid is incredible. With all of the talent on that LaLu squad, this is the kid that makes the team go. He is their heartbeat. He is a pass first PG with incredible court vision and a selfless game. His penetration game is unstoppable one on one. Hell my HS team tried trapping him last year with a triple team at one point to get the ball out of his hands and he split it like they weren't even there.

There was a point in the game my HS played against them this year where we got the game within 5 at about the middle of the 3rd quarter. Bowen actually drew a Tech foul arguing with a ref. The whole team was mentally out of it. Tyger gathered them up on the floor (not their coach mind you) took them all to task, and they ended up winning by 28 as this kid just took it over. He pushed every single one of his teammates perfectly to get the most out of them.

This will be the best DePaul PG since the Meyer era, period. I love watching this kid play the game. The Demons got a beast. He is my favorite HS basketball player I have seen a in long time, and I have seen some really good ones.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2017 -> 09:32 AM)
Hiring his HS coach clearly worked out.

At least one other LaLu kid had picked DePaul before so the pipeline was at least open. But there was zero chance of Tyger picking them without the Coach going there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
The MVC just invited Valpo U to join.

A slight step up in competition for them. Not much left in the Horizon since Loyola and Butler left. I like them in the MVC. Good fit.