NCAA basketball thread 2017-18

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 15, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
Jeremiah Tilmon is going to Missouri

*Probably

I do find it funny that this kid, who behind the scenes has everyone talking about the drama filled recruitment, gives so little out publicly.

Glad he is on board, will be more glad if he's on board first day of classes.

If Jontay Porter reclassifies after AAU this summer, that is a really nice and balanced lineup. If the guards aren't doing anything, then Porter Jr. can take ballhandling duties, and Jontay is a such a good passer they can move inside out.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ May 15, 2017 -> 10:56 AM)
*Probably

I do find it funny that this kid, who behind the scenes has everyone talking about the drama filled recruitment, gives so little out publicly.

If Jontay Porter reclassifies after AAU this summer, that is a really nice and balanced lineup. If the guards aren't doing anything, then Porter Jr. can take ballhandling duties, and Jontay is a such a good passer they can move inside out.

Nah, Tilmon is signed with Mizzou. It's done.

He is only signed to a financial aid agreement, so if he does have a change of heart this summer nothing is stopping him.

That said, very excited. Decent situation for him where offensively he can develop slowly, but this team got KILLED on the boards last year because of size and just not being good.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 15, 2017 -> 10:56 AM)
*Probably

I believe they're out of scholarships now, so Jontay is likely staying put.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2017 -> 12:17 AM)
Does anyone want our program? Its basically handicapped.

Welcome to the club, Rock. It's been 10 years for Illinois basketball. Tough to watch your program go through the greatest decade in its history, followed by the worst decade in its history.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 24, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
Rumors of JCL transferring to DePaul. That would really hurt Illinois.

Mark Alstoff is deciding in about an hour. Has one year of eligibility. Could really score.

Jesus, DePaul could have a good team for the first time since I was in elementary school. That is crazy.

Increasingly likely if not certain Jontay Porter will be a part of the 2017 class.

He is a 4 who can pass and shot 40% from 3 in AAU. Started to really rebound this year.

1: Terrence Phillips/Blake Harris/Jordan Geist (used to be a starter)

2: Robertson/CJ Roberts/Cullen Van Leer (played 30 mpg sometimes last year)

3: MPJ/Jordan Barnett/Van Leer

4: JPorter/Kevin Puryear/MPJ/Barnett

5: Tilmon/JPorter/Puryear/Nikko/Smith

Crazy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2017 -> 01:01 PM)
Jesus, DePaul could have a good team for the first time since I was in elementary school. That is crazy.

They weren't that bad in thru 90s/early 2000s. Still made tourneys and had interesting pro prospects.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 24, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
Increasingly likely if not certain Jontay Porter will be a part of the 2017 class.

He is a 4 who can pass and shot 40% from 3 in AAU. Started to really rebound this year.

1: Terrence Phillips/Blake Harris/Jordan Geist (used to be a starter)

2: Robertson/CJ Roberts/Cullen Van Leer (played 30 mpg sometimes last year)

3: MPJ/Jordan Barnett/Van Leer

4: JPorter/Kevin Puryear/MPJ/Barnett

5: Tilmon/JPorter/Puryear/Nikko/Smith

Crazy.

Can't wait until NCAA start investigating Missouri

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 24, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
Rumors of JCL transferring to DePaul. That would really hurt Illinois.

Mark Alstoff is deciding in about an hour. Has one year of eligibility. Could really score.

Alstork to Illinois. Certainly lessens the blow off losing JCL. Would have been nice to keep him because he can really shoot. Unfortunately he couldn't do much else.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 24, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)

You should not want this to happen, at least in regards to Tilmon. Who knows what they would find in relation to Illinois.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 24, 2017 -> 12:04 PM)

1. Washington and U of I fire coaches

2., Porter hired as coach at school where he previously coached with his sister-in-law, who still coaches there.

3. Porter Jr. very publicly recruiting.

4. Tilmon put the whole process on Twitter

5. Investigation done.

I'm kinda surprised Leitao is overseeing this major push, just since he's not really "new" and wouldn't have any fresh new angle to sell.

Wonder if school really opened up some purse strings to coordinate with the new stadium. Did they pay the La Lumiere guy a lot for an assistant?

QUOTE (bmags @ May 24, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
I'm kinda surprised Leitao is overseeing this major push, just since he's not really "new" and wouldn't have any fresh new angle to sell.

Wonder if school really opened up some purse strings to coordinate with the new stadium. Did they pay the La Lumiere guy a lot for an assistant?

JCL was at LaLu. So that's the connection there. Will be interesting to see how long Heirmann can keep alive the connection with LaLu and whether he can branch into new areas by the time that connection dries out. Is this a short term bounce?

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ May 24, 2017 -> 02:31 PM)
JCL was at LaLu. So that's the connection there. Will be interesting to see how long Heirmann can keep alive the connection with LaLu and whether he can branch into new areas by the time that connection dries out. Is this a short term bounce?

I have to imagine two things.

#1, LaLu promoted his top assistant, which is exactly how Heirman got the job in the first place. This will serve to keep the pipeline open to DePaul for kids who want to exploit it.

#2, If DePaul can make an impact it opens the door to other kids from outside of the pipeline to also stand up and take notice that DePaul could be a real option for kids again.