NCAA basketball thread 2017-18

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks into school, after having a pretty eventful couple of months before getting to campus. Yea, this was definitely a lack of judgement by him. And this isn't me on a high horse, s*** Illinois just had 3 football players kicked out due to armed robbery arrests. College kids do stupid things all the time (a bit shocked I avoided any of these charges in my college tenure), hopefully he learns some lessons before it becomes any bigger of a deal.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 08:37 AM)
Dan has become hated everywhere. He pays for the Indiana rivals subscription and he's been getting drunk at night and posting. It's been unbelievable. Have no idea how ESPN didn't can him.

Need screenshots or something. Stat!

These are just a few from the past month. Challenging members to call in (so he can mute them and bully, like normal). Most of his outlandish posts have been deleted by moderators. It's becoming a weekly things as his radio show has taken some hits. He continues to post his shows number, following it up with a challenge to call in.

dak1.jpg

dak2.jpg

dak3.jpg

The post to "Chester" is in reference to him recently trying to get Chester (local lawyer) to call in on his show. Chester won't do it because we all know what happens (he'll mute and talk over you). So of course Dan had his producer call in and "act" like Chester. It was unbelievable.

• 1 month later...

DePaul should be able to recruit a bit better. It's a decent school. They play in a decent conference. Their campus is nice in a big city, and now they will play in a new gym. It will never be like it was back in the day when they were on WGN and there were only a couple national broadcasts a week. But it should be better than it's been.

His decommitment letter sounded a lot like Torrence Watson, which has rumors swirling that OHio State was told they couldn't sign him due to some rule that no one knows. I know this because people say it may apply to Mizzou.

I don't know if it's illegal contact or what, but I wonder if DePaul was told if they take this guy they could be in trouble. Especially since it's all the LaLumiere guys suddenly cooling.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 08:17 AM)
His decommitment letter sounded a lot like Torrence Watson, which has rumors swirling that OHio State was told they couldn't sign him due to some rule that no one knows. I know this because people say it may apply to Mizzou.

I don't know if it's illegal contact or what, but I wonder if DePaul was told if they take this guy they could be in trouble. Especially since it's all the LaLumiere guys suddenly cooling.

I know he was looking to reclassify to a year earlier, I wonder if something happened around that.

NCAA is reviewing the rule around transfers and the sit out year.

Personally, I think it should go away but with heavy stipulations around it, such as:

-Student Athlete can only transfer once without a sit out period

-Can only transfer after 2 years in a program

-Student must be in academic good standing

-Transfer signing day/period, limit when transfers can leave so coaches can plan on that time

-Limit schools to accepting a max of 2 transfers per year, exceptions would be reviewed by NCAA

There would be a big adjustment period to it, but I think it balances out some of the power back into the student's hands. The hypocrisy of coaches commenting on this is pretty silly.