NCAA basketball thread 2017-18

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 10, 2018 -> 03:29 PM)
Oh my god Missouri almost had an all time collapse again but pulled off a huge OT comeback.

Another near miss against A&M. This one was a little cleaner at the finish, but only a little. Mizzou is gonna be in barring a 1-5 finish. A win Saturday at LSU probably gets them ranked. They've come a long way in one year and Michael Porter Jr. has played two minutes. Not bad at all.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 02:18 AM)
Another near miss against A&M. This one was a little cleaner at the finish, but only a little. Mizzou is gonna be in barring a 1-5 finish. A win Saturday at LSU probably gets them ranked. They've come a long way in one year and Michael Porter Jr. has played two minutes. Not bad at all.

A 5 game conference winning streak is incredible considering “please just one conference win?” Had become the norm.

Losing two point guards has exacerbated end of game issues, but something to be said for just having a set 8 man rotation where players know they have no help and need to go out and perform...and then do it too.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 08:40 AM)
A 5 game conference winning streak is incredible considering “please just one conference win?” Had become the norm.

Losing two point guards has exacerbated end of game issues, but something to be said for just having a set 8 man rotation where players know they have no help and need to go out and perform...and then do it too.

Yeah, Robertson's workload is a problem, but also Geist just isn't a very strong ballhandler. I'm also terrified for next year because Barnett and Robertson will be gone. Gonna need to find some 3-point shooters to survive in Cuonzo's system. Might be a return to mediocrity next year, although Jontay/Tilmon inside could be dominant as they continue to improve.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 04:51 PM)
Yeah, Robertson's workload is a problem, but also Geist just isn't a very strong ballhandler. I'm also terrified for next year because Barnett and Robertson will be gone. Gonna need to find some 3-point shooters to survive in Cuonzo's system. Might be a return to mediocrity next year, although Jontay/Tilmon inside could be dominant as they continue to improve.

I'm not that concerned about Robertson. He was a horse at Cannisius too, is a senior, and is playing only 2 games a week.

Next year will be a lot different though. From what it sounds like players like kj santos should be able to shoot the three. I haven't heard watson is bad from 3 but you never now, but hopefully he can drive, since we don't have any wing that goes to the rim.

If they have Jontay and Tilmon not getting in foul trouble, and an offense that goes through JOntay, could be good.

Worth remembering that this team has made a near 200 spot jump in kenpom's offensive ratings under Cuonzo and Cornell mann. They get stagnant but this is not the same offense he was running at cal.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 15, 2018 -> 09:05 AM)
I'm not that concerned about Robertson. He was a horse at Cannisius too, is a senior, and is playing only 2 games a week.

Next year will be a lot different though. From what it sounds like players like kj santos should be able to shoot the three. I haven't heard watson is bad from 3 but you never now, but hopefully he can drive, since we don't have any wing that goes to the rim.

If they have Jontay and Tilmon not getting in foul trouble, and an offense that goes through JOntay, could be good.

Worth remembering that this team has made a near 200 spot jump in kenpom's offensive ratings under Cuonzo and Cornell mann. They get stagnant but this is not the same offense he was running at cal.

Someone I work with just graduated from UIC and was telling me Santos is a good athlete, but can't shoot 3s. Who knows

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 20, 2018 -> 12:14 PM)
Somebody forgot to tell the NCAA merchandise department that Louisville "didn't" win the 2013 NCAA title:

http://www.shopncaasports.com/search/louisville%20champions

MICHIGAN 2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

/insert Rowand44 "Wichita St wouldn've won"

Edited by Brian