NCAA basketball thread 2017-18

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
Mizzou played UCF last night and I had never watched Tacko fall before and OMG is it crazy how much taller he looks than everyone else. Pretty sure he could grab the top of the backboard standing

Yeah, he was fun to watch. Mizzou is probably gonna be on the bubble all year (maybe that's the best-case scenario), but I'm just excited to have a competitive team back. Also, after watching the Northwestern-Illinois game tonight I'm actually confident Mizzou wins Bragging Rights.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 10:41 AM)
Mizzou played UCF last night and I had never watched Tacko fall before and OMG is it crazy how much taller he looks than everyone else. Pretty sure he could grab the top of the backboard standing

I watched a bit of it too, that dude is HUGE.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 1, 2017 -> 11:55 PM)
Yeah, he was fun to watch. Mizzou is probably gonna be on the bubble all year (maybe that's the best-case scenario), but I'm just excited to have a competitive team back. Also, after watching the Northwestern-Illinois game tonight I'm actually confident Mizzou wins Bragging Rights.

I think they are bubble for sure but could also lose to anyone with these long scoring droughts in every game. Really need Harris to develop.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 09:14 AM)
I bet they wouldn't lose to Grambling. What the hell.....

Ha, well Mizzou very nearly could have fallen to D2 emporia st at home, though that was the night I guess they learned mpj was out a while

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 2, 2017 -> 04:34 PM)
How long are you going to have to put up with Pastner? There is no upside with him as a coach and he isn't even recruiting that well at Georgia Tech.

Pastner was incredible last year and has a solid class coming next year after bringing in a great backcourt this year. GT best player is out and their other star is playing hurt and hasn't practiced in weeks. Given the poor financial situation the athletic dept is in, he will be there for quite a while.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 04:15 AM)
The no call on Alstork was just balanced by that no call on the inbound.

Basically refs are missing every call. Goal tending was terrible non-call, and I also liked when Frazier was three feet out of bounds and touched ball and no call.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 4, 2017 -> 03:33 AM)
Three straight games they've just given away. Hopefully by January they'll learn how to finish.

Truly amazing how many turnover in the last few minutes of regulation them and their opponents have had in big ten play.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 3, 2017 -> 09:35 PM)
Truly amazing how many turnover in the last few minutes of regulation them and their opponents have had in big ten play.

My glass half full side will say that's because we're relying on a bunch of young guys. Black and Finke (worthless) are the only real veterans. Alstork is a senior but obviously new to the team. These losses suck, I wanted to go at least 2-1 in these last three, but at least this isn't Groce-era losses where you never felt like they had much of a chance. Realistically they should have won all three of these games. Definitely the last two. Just can't finish. Hopefully they continue to grow. They can obviously score. And they can play defense for bits here and there. Just gotta put it together.