2017 Offseason White Sox News, Notes, and Tweets thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
An interesting release to start the season...

Matt Eddy‏ @MattEddyBA 51m51 minutes ago #Athletics release 25-year-old 1B Rangel Ravelo, part of return from #WhiteSox for Jeff Samardzija. Hit .262/.334/.395 at Triple-A Nashville

Ravelo now with Memphis Redbirds. 35 games, .339/.414/..514/.928.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
Will the Sox have a chance at Ohtani, or did they blow their wad when they got Robert? Cool segment on him right now on 60 Minutes.

Unless he wants to sign with us for 300K, yeah, we're out.

Fernando Tatis Jr. tearing it up as an 18 year in Low A ball. This trade might go down as the worst in White Sox history.

274/.362/.462 12 hrs/14 Sb WRC-131

Since April 21

.300/.391/.511 WRC-152

Scouts are raving about his elite skills and saw one person make a comp to Manny Machado.

I know he was 17 years old at the time, but makes me scratch my head to why they included him in the Shields deal. What a mistake!!!!!

Edited by PolishPrince34

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 08:33 AM)
Fernando Tatis Jr. tearing it up as an 18 year in Low A ball. This trade might go down as the worst in White Sox history.

Since April 21

.300/.391/.511 WRC-152

Scouts are raving about his elite skills and saw one person make a comp to Manny Machado.

I know he was 17 years old at the time, but makes me scratch my head to why they included him in the Shields deal. What a mistake!!!!!

I hated the deal then and I hate it now. Sad panda.

But buck up everyone!!! James Shields is starting for us today!!!!

Hip hip horay!!!

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)

Since April 21

.300/.391/.511 WRC-152

Part of the re-build.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 03:33 PM)

Since April 21

.300/.391/.511 WRC-152

This is appalling. The White Sox have acquired some really awful baseball players and yet everybody keeps their jobs. Somebody thought Shields could pitch and the Sox had to take over a lot of money on his contract. Very bizarre. He had given up 10 runs the start before the Sox got him and was called out by SD for his ineptitude. And we throw a good prospect in the Erik Johnson for Shields deal. Weird.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)
This is appalling. The White Sox have acquired some really awful baseball players and yet everybody keeps their jobs. Somebody thought Shields could pitch and the Sox had to take over a lot of money on his contract. Very bizarre. He had given up 10 runs the start before the Sox got him and was called out by SD for his ineptitude. And we throw a good prospect in the Erik Johnson for Shields deal. Weird.

Simmer down now! Tatis has a long ways to go and we are starting to load up on prospects

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 01:02 PM)

Out of all the prospects the Sox have traded over the years, who has done well for themselves? The best that comes to my mind is Gio Gonzalez, but we got Jim Thome and Chris Young