2017 Offseason White Sox News, Notes, and Tweets thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Dec 30, 2017 -> 08:10 AM)
The Luis Robert Instagram feed is now unwatchable. I had to unfollow. Never seen a man take as many selfies and videos of himself doing absolutely nothing but admiring himself in a mirror. Total narcassist.

As long as he can keep himself in freakish shape and transposes those physical gifts onto the field, I have no problem with the number of selfies he posts on social media.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 30, 2017 -> 08:13 AM)
Well, he is 20, and now has a lot more money than he ever had. Seems par for the course

If I remember correctly, they also didn't have internet in Cuba. So he's a 20 year old in great shape with a ton of followers who just got money and the internet for the first time. The selfies basically seem like the logical extension of that.

QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Dec 30, 2017 -> 08:10 AM)
The Luis Robert Instagram feed is now unwatchable. I had to unfollow. Never seen a man take as many selfies and videos of himself doing absolutely nothing but admiring himself in a mirror. Total narcassist.

So you're saying he's adapted to the American way of life quickly? :D

Very good points guys. Sorry, had to get it off my chest after another video of him playing with hair. I just want baseball videos. This kid is going to special. Moncada is going to be a very good baseball player for us. I think Eloy and Robert will be better and will be special. Very exciting years ahead for us.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 05:33 PM)
Sox haven't gone to arbitration since 2001 with Keith Foulke. He'll lose IMO.

The MLB trade rumors projection was $6.7 million. If it is still possible, I would bet they would probably split the difference, but the Sox figure does seem a little low, and Avi's not so crazy. You take the midway point between the 2 offers and I think Avi is worth that. I don't think it is worth what you have to do in arbitration to save hardly anything, and really, Unless the mlbtr model is really off, Avi should win. He has $425k in value to play with under their model and the Sox offer.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 05:49 PM)
The MLB trade rumors projection was $6.7 million. If it is still possible, I would bet they would probably split the difference, but the Sox figure does seem a little low, and Avi's not so crazy. You take the midway point between the 2 offers and I think Avi is worth that. I don't think it is worth what you have to do in arbitration to save hardly anything, and really, Unless the mlbtr model is really off, Avi should win. He has $425k in value to play with under their model and the Sox offer.

That same mlbtr model had Abreu at $17.9 million and he signed for $13 million today.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jan 13, 2018 -> 01:31 PM)
I recall Reinsdorf used to have the unwritten policy that if you went to arbitration you were on your way out of town. In my mind, not a good sign for Avi and Sanchez’s long term prospects.

That’s probably just another “we hate Jerry Reinsdorf “ rumors.

Another member of the 1959 team died this weekend. LHP, Rudy Arias. He was born in Cuba, and threw 44 innings for the 59 team--got injured in August and never pitched in the big leagues again.

There are 11 living members of the 59 team.

Joe Stanka, RHP, 86

Sammy Esposito, 3B, 86

Lou Skizas, LF, 85

Joe Hicks, OF, 84

Luis Aparicio, SS, 83

John Romano, C, 83

Ken McBride, RHP, 82

JC Martin, 3B, 81

Barry Latman, RHP, 81

Gary Peters, LHP, 80

Claude Raymond, RHP, 80

Aparicio, Esposito, and Romano are the only left that actually played in the Series.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 30, 2017 -> 08:44 AM)
As long as he can keep himself in freakish shape and transposes those physical gifts onto the field, I have no problem with the number of selfies he posts on social media.

Looking at (I believe) his gf's IG, looks like he's gonna be a father as well.