Tigers @ White Sox- 4/6/17

Jose Abreu

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 04:42 PM)
It was warmer than expected. It was less windy than expected. It worked out ok. Now I want to see Quintana pitch well on Sunday.

We can all get behind that!!

Well, holy s***.

If Renteria keeps this up, I will be his biggest fan. We NEVER (OK rarely) won blowouts in the Robin era. Nice to see a blowout so early in Renteria's era on the south side. Obviously all teams will win at least 55 games, so no big deal today, but again, a blowout?? In the Cell? Beautiful.

I am thoroughly negative most of the time, but I will give credit where it's due. The team showed life today which it rarely to never did under Robin.

p.s. That squeeze bunt was a good idea but it was a lousy bunt. Shoulda been out at home. I do like Stoney's take, however, that if you put pressure on the other team's defense more often than not they'll mess up. It worked so I'm happy but it was a lousy bunt.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 03:06 PM)
Well, holy s***.

If Renteria keeps this up, I will be his biggest fan. We NEVER (OK rarely) won blowouts in the Robin era. Nice to see a blowout so early in Renteria's era on the south side. Obviously all teams will win at least 55 games, so no big deal today, but again, a blowout?? In the Cell? Beautiful.

I am thoroughly negative most of the time, but I will give credit where it's due. The team showed life today which it rarely to never did under Robin.

p.s. That squeeze bunt was a good idea but it was a lousy bunt. Shoulda been out at home. I do like Stoney's take, however, that if you put pressure on the other team's defense more often than not they'll mess up. It worked so I'm happy but it was a lousy bunt.

At least the bunt got down - last few years it would have been a strike out after two failed attempts or a pop up.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 05:06 PM)
Well, holy s***.

When they were 23-10 last year, they had several blowout wins.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 07:39 PM)
We can contend. Soto homers

The wild thing is Elrockin means it.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 08:14 PM)
Avi with an RBI single and Davidson with. Three run blast. 9-1 Sox. We will be in the playoffs

ElRockin does mean it.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 10:10 PM)
At least the bunt got down - last few years it would have been a strike out after two failed attempts or a pop up.

Great point. I forgot about the sick attempts at bunting, especially by Beckham and Alexei.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 10:12 PM)

Seriously? I don't remember them. Although they were so bad after that I may have forgotten. Robin was a joke. It's going to take a while to get used to having a real manager if indeed Renteria is one.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)

When they were 23-10 last year, they had won one game by a 10-1 score. No other victory was by more than 6 runs. We are going to the World Series this year! Book it!!!!!!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/s...le.jsp?c_id=cws

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 05:19 PM)
When they were 23-10 last year, they had won one game by a 10-1 score. No other victory was by more than 6 runs. We are going to the World Series this year! Book it!!!!!!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/s...le.jsp?c_id=cws

Winning by 5 or more runs is considered a blow out, so saying "no other victory was by more than 6 runs" is still saying "they won the game by the same margin as two 3-run homers."

If you lose 7-2, you got the s*** kicked out of you.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 10:17 PM)
The wild thing is Elrockin means it.

ElRockin does mean it.

Great point. I forgot about the sick attempts at bunting, especially by Beckham and Alexei.

Seriously? I don't remember them. Although they were so bad after that I may have forgotten. Robin was a joke. It's going to take a while to get used to having a real manager if indeed Renteria is one.

Gregg is a convert maybe? Love your optimism

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
That gif has been attempted to be buried many many times... it always comes back.

Seriously, that gif has its own life-force with no known way of being destroyed. It's a f***ing zombie gif!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 03:44 PM)
I mean I just want to know if that's a sox fan or what.

I believe so. Pretty sure that gif was made from a video that guy made last year when the Shields trade was announced.

I think hi8is might be the dude that posted the video but I'm not sure.