Tigers @ White Sox- 4/6/17

Jose Abreu

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 11:46 AM)
Against division teams? Easy.

I wouldn't be questioning this if it were against a team not coming back.

It's not just the schedule. The players union wants their scheduled days off, and you can't just call games several days ahead of time because it MIGHT rain and be chilly.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)
First off, if they're setting a rotation with fans in mind, they're playing with fire.

I haven't second guessed anything this week- I've first guessed. Today should have been called. The Twins series should have been Shields, Holland, and Gonzalez. Quintana on Tuesday for the Indians home opener.

Rotations change...pitching Q on normal rest makes absolute sense. He is the best pitcher on this club and you want to maximize his starts. Lots of teams skip 5th starters early in the season anyway (given the typical early season off-days).

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
I don't live in the area and I thought Detroit got on a plane yesterday.

I was just outside. It's breezy but not that bad. I've walked around in far worse, although they have several streets closed here due to debris falling from the sky. Plus it's sunny, something we haven't had much of in months.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
What?

Runner on 2nd Cabrera batting. Clearly pitching around him. Why bother? Just put him on. What is the best case scenerio of James Shields trying to give Miguel Cabrera nothing to hit? A walk IMO. So these days you don't have to actually throw pitches to walk someone.