Tigers @ White Sox- 4/6/17

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 03:23 PM)
Honestly I don't think I've ever been less excited to see the Sox winning a game.

Wins during a rebuild can be bitter sweet. The Sox need certain players to produce in order to trade them but if they produce it gives the Sox a better chance of winning more games which is counterproductive to trying to get a high '18 draft pick.

I suspect the Sox won't have many games where the offense, defense and pitching click so I'm going to enjoy this as much as I can.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rooting for a great draft pick as well but if this team plays .500 ball into June I'm not going to complain at all. It's more fun to watch wins, let everything else sort itself out and if the club is winning that means most likely that 1) the vets are raising trade value and 2) the kids are developing into strong players.

Great double play!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 03:37 PM)
what's the origin of that gif?

I see where you're going with this. You want to destroy the source of the gif in order to destroy the gif itself?

Or, at least that's what I'm hoping for. :D

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 03:38 PM)
We just signed Mike Pelfrey for a legitimate amount of starts and people are concerned about winning too many games. Win or lose, all that matters is right players are performing. This is a good day for that.

Right. Can't get mad about younger guys performing. I want a nice draft pick, but if the young guys perform, you're really helping yourself with the rebuild

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
I see where you're going with this. You want to destroy the source of the gif in order to destroy the gif itself?

The dude clearly has some sort of mental deficiencies. I cringe every time people post that, as I don't find making fun of him to be very funny.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
The dude clearly has some sort of mental deficiencies. I cringe every time people post that, as I don't find making fun of him to be very funny.

It's more of a dig to Shields than to the guy himself, to me at least. It's the quintessential image of crushed optimism when the trade was made.

I still think the Tigers are decent. Ausmus has never impressed me though. And look here, the Twins swept the Royals.

It would suck if the Indians get the 1-seed just because of a crappy division, but that's the system.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 6, 2017 -> 01:42 PM)

That gif has been attempted to be buried many many times... it always comes back.