Most Airlines just don't seem to care

BigSqwert

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 9, 2017 -> 06:44 PM)
I mean, you chose Spirit. You knew it sucked.

Cmon. If Spirit is a carrier, some people are going to fly it and expect the planes to show up, etc. Some smaller airlines were known for their great service, like that one that gave out the warm cookie, I forget which one that was. Just cause the company is small and upstart doesn't mean the customer should expect s*** service.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 10, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
I wouldnt say miserable as much as they are conditioned and trained in how to get discount/cheaper/free stuff. which is to fully abuse "The Customer is always right" principle

As a delivery driver in college and also being on the local radio station, sometimes I delivered to coworkers at the station who also were part of making the radio ads from the pizza place I worked with. The guy stiffed me without a second thought, after he was getting half off his food already. And then acted like it never happened

Some people are so cheap. Sickening really. That's a disgusting story about people at the station stiffing you.

I always pick up the tab if I'm going to lunch or dinner if it's just one person with me that I haven't seen in a while, etc. I mean if it's a coworker or a group of people I'm not going to do it, but if it's a lunch or dinner it's with people I don't normally dine with or see, I always pay. It's funny to watch the cheap people; they are so happy they don't have to pay. Being cheap is really a sickness. It's sad. Folks you make money to spend it. Tip heavily if the service it good; pick up tabs. Being cheap is disgraceful. And the odds are some of you reading this are very cheap. You never tip well; you never pay for somebody else's meal or drinks. You know who you are. So explain your philosophy on life please.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 01:06 PM)
Cmon. If Spirit is a carrier, some people are going to fly it and expect the planes to show up, etc. Some smaller airlines were known for their great service, like that one that gave out the warm cookie, I forget which one that was. Just cause the company is small and upstart doesn't mean the customer should expect s*** service.

Midwest Express

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2017 -> 02:06 PM)

Its not cheap because its small, its cheap because thats their niche. Its a crappy plane, with crappy service and they treat you like cattle. You have to pay for everything including the overhead bin. I understand you should always expect your flights to actually occur. but dont be surprised when the grayhound bus of airlines lets you down.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 12, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)
LOL. Yes, ban business travelers from doing work.

If making bombs out of laptops is indeed becoming commonplace, then we're all screwed because ultimately they will be banned on flights in the U.S. The way luggage is handled, I can't imagine people being happy about their laptops getting stored as luggage and broken. And what about the fact it could still detonate as part of the luggage compartment? Are all laptops eventually going to be banned from trips? Business people are going to have to drive everywhere if they can't have their laptops.

Edited by greg775

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 29, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk/united...ul.html?ref=yfp

United Airlines President Says If You're Uncomfortable In Coach, It's Your Own Fault

The airline appears to have no sympathy with your discomfort.

What a terrible article and an absolutely pathetic click-bait title. Did you even read it Caulfield?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 29, 2017 -> 06:10 PM)
What a terrible article and an absolutely pathetic click-bait title. Did you even read it Caulfield?

I read it and I still despise the airlines. It's too cramped in there, it just is. I'm surprised more people don't have incidents on flights. Even my favorite SWA, the new planes are too cramped. If you've ever had a stranger in the middle seat all over you in the aisle you know what I mean. The execs don't give a s*** that you are paying 400 and 500 bucks for a flight. It should be illegal to have seats so cramped the guy next to you is touching you cause he can't fit. That's happened to me and it's gross.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 29, 2017 -> 12:10 PM)

Yes, not great but the overall message that customers are sheep who don't matter if they're in coach was relevant...but yea, in general the content quality at yahoo has been decking for at least 2-3 years.