The Korea Situation; It's Very Serious

greg775

Is this North Korea situation serious or not?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is this North Korea situation serious or not?

• Yes it is very serious; we are on brink of war
    • No, we're not going to do anything warlike
    • Maybe.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/politics/what-really-came-out-of-the-trump-kim-summit/index.html

What did Trump actually get and what did he give up?  

Seems so far it's 85% to the advantage of North Korea...because a MUCH MORE detailed, denuclearization agreement was signed as recently as 2005 by the Bush administration and obviously that didn't take (or wasn't enforced).

(denuclearization would be an unqualified good thing)

Trump seems to have backed himself into a corner by claiming yesterday that North Korea had also agreed to things not specifically laid out in the deal because, hey, they had a plane to catch and they ran out of time to add it. If we now come back and say "we didn't agree to that," how does that look?

Ultimately, this meeting was good because it keeps Trump happy and placated while the real negotiations between Kim and Moon proceed.

Edited by StrangeSox

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

This is all kind of scary. I know NK is one of the worst dictatorships ever and Jong-Un is the devil.

I don't have time to look it up. Can anybody quickly list some of the things they do to their people that are evil? I know this country is the dregs and we shouldn't be celebrating all this crap with them. It's good nuclear war has allegedly been postponed over us kissy-facing NK but I don't trust Kim Jong-Un as far as I can catapault him. Educate me quickly. Thanx.

Here is some of the stuff they do. 

- They execute hundreds a people a year.

- They are currently invading a neighboring country.  Killing tens of thousands and causing a famine.

- They often fund extremest groups in other countries.

- Women have no rights and are often harshly punished

- They also use slave labor.

Wait, whoops.  That is our good ally and country we sell millions of arms to Saudi Arabia.  My bad.

9 hours ago, RockRaines said:

Look at our flag next to theirs.  Such disrespect

All those Trumpsters upset at football players kneeling before the flag should be OUTRAGED!!! 

Like my hick uncle who said I can't have an opinion because I was never in the military.

5 hours ago, Brian said:

All those Trumpsters upset at football players kneeling before the flag should be OUTRAGED!!! 

Like my hick uncle who said I can't have an opinion because I was never in the military.

So Trump, Bolton and most of Fox aren't allowed one either, right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Art of the Deal. Total denuclearisation , sleep easy tonight. No threat. Where is Trump's ticker tape parade?

North Korea is carrying out rapid improvements to its nuclear research facility, a monitor said on Wednesday, despite declaring a commitment to denuclearisation of the peninsula at the Singapore summit.

For the record, just in case people missed this last week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-officially-declares-north-korea-still-a-threat-despite-his-claim-after-historic-summit/2018/06/22/bddfb3b0-7634-11e8-9780-b1dd6a09b549_story.html?utm_term=.b8a645a24b1f

Remember two weeks ago, when Donald Trump told us that his summit with Kim Jong Un had officially ended the nuclear crisis with North Korea?  Well, last Friday, the Trump administration continued economic sanctions on North Korea citing it as an "unusual and extraordinary threat."

Here's the point - Trump took a victory lap after meeting with Kim, essentially saying that he de-nuclearized North Korea.  He didn't.  And you won't see the news from last Friday on his Twitter account...

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Now where did I leave my shocked face at...

Wow, that totally binding ceremonial document that President Trump and Kim Jong Un signed didn't completely eradicate nuclear missiles in North Korea?!  Color me shocked...

Of course they are. No way Kim Jong Un has become a reasonable guy. He knows Trump has such a huge ego he can shake hands and say he's committed to denuclearization and would believe him. Rich guys' egos can be stroked and Kim fooled him big time. The question is ... when this rich guy figures it out, will he be so mad/vindictive he blows up Kim's nuclear plants? This is still a powerderkeg and nuclear war is still 50/50 with NK. Unless China tells em to behave IMO.

Yeesh. I'm the one who said that yes you do need to talk to them, but this is also why you don't give them anything until you have a robust inspections regime. This is pretty harsh.

U.S. intelligence agencies believe that North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons at multiple secret sites in recent months — and that Kim Jong Un may try to hide those facilities as he seeks more concessions in nuclear talks with the Trump administration, U.S. officials told NBC News.

The intelligence assessment, which has not previously been reported, seems to counter the sentiments expressed by President Donald Trump, who tweeted after his historic June 12 summit with Kim that "there was no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea."

Analysts at the CIA and other intelligence agencies don't see it that way, according to more than a dozen American officials who are familiar with their assessments and spoke on the condition of anonymity. They see a regime positioning itself to extract every concession it can from the Trump administration — while clinging to nuclear weapons it believes are essential to survival.

In recent months, even as the two sides engaged in diplomacy, North Korea was stepping up its production of enriched uranium for nuclear weapons, five U.S. officials say, citing the latest intelligence assessment. North Korea and the U.S. agreed at the summit to "work toward" denuclearization, but there is no specific deal. On Trump's order, the U.S. military canceled training exercises on the Korean peninsula, a major concession to Kim.

While the North Koreans have stopped missile and nuclear tests, "there's no evidence that they are decreasing stockpiles, or that they have stopped their production," said one U.S. official briefed on the latest intelligence. "There is absolutely unequivocal evidence that they are trying to deceive the U.S."

Four other officials familiar with the intelligence assessment also said North Korea intended to deceive the U.S.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Yeesh. I'm the one who said that yes you do need to talk to them, but this is also why you don't give them anything until you have a robust inspections regime. This is pretty harsh.

North Korea copied Russia and figured out Trump that he could be played a fool. Just stroke his ego and continue to build an arsenal behind his back. Trump has had yes men and women stroking his ego for decades. Korea figured it out.