Update: Tilson BACK IN walking boot

southsider2k5

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Apr 23, 2017 -> 12:12 PM)
Greg Johns

@GregJohnsMLB

Mariners have DFA'd Leonys Martin to make room for Vogelbach.

Although not Sox related, could be a nice pickup if he could bounce back and man CF.

I would like that move. Anything to see a real CF.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's become comical, but I do feel for the guy. Obviously he's been able to live out a dream more than most, but quite the gut punch to finally make it to the big leagues and then be injured over and over and possibly missing your shot for good.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)
It's become comical, but I do feel for the guy. Obviously he's been able to live out a dream more than most, but quite the gut punch to finally make it to the big leagues and then be injured over and over and possibly missing your shot for good.

It's eating away at his service time currently. Sucks for the Sox and him. So much playing time he could have had.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 11:50 AM)
It's eating away at his service time currently. Sucks for the Sox and him. So much playing time he could have had.

I don't think the Sox are real concerned about his service time.

I feel for Tilson, but in the same light, the man has been cashing an MLB pay check for almost a year now, and accruing an MLB pension. Not the worst thing in the world if he never makes it back.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)

Its sucks for him and the Sox. This is the time they should be evaluating if he is a piece worth keeping or not. Instead he sits and rots. In the meantime he has pretty much lost his shot to Leury.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 12:07 PM)
I don't think the Sox are real concerned about his service time.

I feel for Tilson, but in the same light, the man has been cashing an MLB pay check for almost a year now, and accruing an MLB pension. Not the worst thing in the world if he never makes it back.

I think he would trade it all for a real shot at a major league starting job.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 11:19 AM)
Is Tilson any good or another bust? Does he project to be Eaton-ish? That would be good enough.

At this point you'd have to say a bust simply because the guy hasn't been healthy enough to play. In fairness though the Sox only gave up Zach Duke for him who blew out his arm.

Update from CBS Sports on 6/13:

Tilson (foot) could embark on a rehab assignment in late June or early July, Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Tilson's comeback from a stress reaction in his foot has been long and arduous, but it seems like there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel. He's been participating in intrasquad games at extended spring training, so his rehab stint could be fairly short once he gets to that point.

http://icbl.baseball.cbssports.com/players...yerpage/2046464

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 12:09 PM)
I'm too lazy to look but is this the dreaded "jones fracture" that Durant, Embiid and Caris Lavert all had?

It was previously reported as a stress fracture. A Jones fracture is a true fracture in the 5th metatarsal on the outside if the foot.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 05:55 PM)
Update from CBS Sports on 6/13:

Tilson (foot) could embark on a rehab assignment in late June or early July, Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports.

Tilson's comeback from a stress reaction in his foot has been long and arduous, but it seems like there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel. He's been participating in intrasquad games at extended spring training, so his rehab stint could be fairly short once he gets to that point.

http://icbl.baseball.cbssports.com/players...yerpage/2046464

This is absolutely, a crazy long time for a stress fracture.