• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account

@RapSheet

Following

More

My understanding is the #Browns have contacted roughly 27 teams gauging interest in moving up or down. Contingencies upon contingencies.

The Browns are scrambling all over the place almost certainly to ensure they screw this thing up.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 09:57 AM)
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account

@RapSheet

Following

More

My understanding is the #Browns have contacted roughly 27 teams gauging interest in moving up or down. Contingencies upon contingencies.

The Browns are scrambling all over the place almost certainly to ensure they screw this thing up.

I'm sure I will be proven wrong, but I really like what they are trying to do. Time will tell if they were stupid on Wentz. But they have 2 first round picks in a deep draft, can easily spin that into quite a few as I imagine teams are much more likely to trade up in first than in this draft in the 2nd/3rd/4th.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
I think the Bears end up with Solomon Thomas. He's my favorite player in the class but I think they'd love to move down.

I sticking with Adams or Lattimore. (Then a trade up into the latter part of the first round to grab one of the QBs.) The second part is wishful thinking.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:05 AM)
I sticking with Adams or Lattimore. (Then a trade up into the latter part of the first round to grab one of the QBs.) The second part is wishful thinking.

I think the QB part is very possible. I'll be pretty surprised if they take a DB that high though.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:12 AM)
I hope they take Watson just to see the meltdown.

Would there be a melt down? I think Bears fans would be pumped after about 15 minutes of that setting in.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:13 AM)
Would there be a melt down? I think Bears fans would be pumped after about 15 minutes of that setting in.

Sure many fans would dig, but, just not the internet ones.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:25 AM)
I did. I put Watson in my official mock draft too. Things change though. People I talk to don't think that happens currently.

This has been the most flip flop across the board of mock drafts that I have ever seen. No one has any idea of what is going to happen.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:12 AM)
I hope they take Watson just to see the meltdown.

I have no issue with that............if it's the 2nd first round pick after they trade up.

If it's the 3rd pick in the draft, I understand it but that is a risky pick.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
I think Adams is going 2 actually. I can't justify taking a non-elite S that high.

That's possible. If so, they should take Lattimore or Thomas. I would still go Lattimore.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:09 AM)
Best case scenario for me. Bears take Adams and then trade up into the first to get a QB.

Nah best case scenario is that they somehow trade down a few picks, still get Adams, then use the excess picks to trade up. :)

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:36 AM)
List of safeties taken in the first 10-15 picks of the draft over the last 10 years is not so good.

Would much rather have a lock down CB.

Which is why Im fine trading down a few picks because you get more picks and will still get an impact DB. I like Allen too but injury concerns are always risky with that high of a pick.