2017 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:23 PM)
This draft is deep in the middle and we trade away picks? Moronic.

I'm stunned... but I shouldn't be. I know the Bears are incompetent. I get hyped every year to only be disappointed. I really don't know why I do this to myself. But yeah, incredibly deep draft class and we have needs all over the field and we trade away those assets to get an average QB. Everyone was hyping him in the Fall, so I made a point to watch several UNC games and I was highly unimpressed. As you said earlier, he just isn't good.

The sad part is already knowing that we'll do it all over again in 3-4 years with a new front office. I just want competency. Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. Teams like that are so well run. Why can't we be that? Football is not hard. It really isn't too much to ask for.

So Pace has set his legacy, he traded a s*** load of picks to move up 1 spot probably for no reason but also signed a starting QB this offseason, oh and the dude he drafted is super raw so he'll take some time to develop. So how much time does he get? Does Pace have some assurance that his job is safe for 3 more years? Trubisky is not going to pay dividends right away, it's going to take time and trading away assets is not going to help the team's record this year or next so my question is, the f*** is going on?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 06:33 PM)
Cleveland trades down, so pre draft rumors seem to be true that browns wanted garrett and then wanted to move down .

Bears clearly bid against themselves.

Or they wanted Trubisky and ultimately couldn't get him from Bears (or didn't actually think the Bears wanted Trubisky).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
Cleveland trades down, so pre draft rumors seem to be true that browns wanted garrett and then wanted to move down .

Bears clearly bid against themselves.

Following the draft day script.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:32 PM)
So Pace has set his legacy, he traded a s*** load of picks to move up 1 spot probably for no reason but also signed a starting QB this offseason, oh and the dude he drafted is super raw so he'll take some time to develop. So how much time does he get? Does Pace have some assurance that his job is safe for 3 more years? Trubisky is not going to pay dividends right away, it's going to take time and trading away assets is not going to help the team's record this year or next so my question is, the f*** is going on?

I have to wonder if the McCaskeys had any influence on this move. Like they demanded a QB and liked Mitch?

You guys complain every year that they don't address the Qb position. They finally make a shrewd move to get one because if they didn't it's likely someone else was entertaining a trade with San Fran to get Trubisky, the guy Pace identifies as "the guy" and you all lose ur s*** over a couple third rounders.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 06:36 PM)
I have to wonder if the McCaskeys had any influence on this move. Like they demanded a QB and liked Mitch?

There were some reports a while back saying Pace had been assured ownership stood behind him and were going to be patient with the process.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
You guys complain every year that they don't address the Qb position. They finally make a shrewd move to get one because if they didn't it's likely someone else was entertaining a trade with San Fran to get Trubisky, the guy Pace identifies as "the guy" and you all lose ur s*** over a couple third rounders.

No, we're complaining because Trubisky sucks. So does Watson and probably Mahomes, Webb, etc. This is a horrible draft class for QB.

I said months ago there would be a handful of QB's who went in the 1st round...3 in first 12 picks. A lot of people thought none in the first round and I kept saying everyone was delusional. Right or wrong...who knows, but no position can impact a game more then QB. We haven't invested in it...we need to invest in it. None of us know whether the Browns were trying to move up with San Fran...that is the only team (I presume) who we would have been bidding against. None of us will know...but if Pace looked at the board and had Trubisky ...... and a gap before the next guys...then it is a price worth paying for him. Now we have to hope he is right.

It is a process and we are going to be bad for another couple years and we'll get some high picks in future years (cause we aren't going to playoffs this year or next at a minimum). So back to the point...Pace has to feel relatively comfortable.

What shrewd move are you referring to? I have yet to see one

Is it shrewd to over reach for a QB?