2017 NFL Draft Thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 1, 2017 -> 10:29 PM)
Just out of curiosity, I went back and looked at some of the saints draft history as that is where Pace comes from and here is some fun stuff when it comes to small schools.

Arkansas Pine Bluff

Regina

Towson

Bloomsburg

Hofstra

Ya know who went to those schools?

Terron Armstead- Pro Bowl LT

Akiem Hicks- Really good football player as we know

Jermon Bushrod- 2x Pro Bowl LT

Jahari Evans- 6x pro bowl/4x all pro

Marques Colston- 6 1000+ yard seasons.

They also have a history of drafting a guy with limited tape.....A guy named Jimmy Graham only caught 17 balls his one year of college football. He was pretty good right?

What would be really interesting is to see how many guys they drafted that completely busted in similar situations.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 2, 2017 -> 09:03 AM)
Like bmags had said earlier, the one problem I had was that they invited him to the team draft party. If they knew they were making a big splash at QB, then it's a really s***ty look to force him to be there.

Other than that, I agree with you. He took the most guaranteed money offered to him, the Bears front loaded the deal so they could cut him after one year. Anybody with a hint of knowledge in sports business could see that coming a mile away.

Also there was one original article that had the "felt like he was cheated on" line, and now 1000 articles all saying "Glennon felt cheated on, bears are so stupid" that are just based off of the original article. Kind of amplifying something dumb.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 2, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)
Also there was one original article that had the "felt like he was cheated on" line, and now 1000 articles all saying "Glennon felt cheated on, bears are so stupid" that are just based off of the original article. Kind of amplifying something dumb.

Agreed. It's quite the echo chamber. Add to that people are writing stories about Pace getting swindled and you get a very Bears heavy draft cycle.

It's a little ridiculous, though IMHO

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ May 2, 2017 -> 11:10 AM)
Agreed. It's quite the echo chamber. Add to that people are writing stories about Pace getting swindled and you get a very Bears heavy draft cycle.

It's a little ridiculous, though IMHO

This is one of those "we know the bears are guilty of doing something stupid, so let's find every piece of evidence and push it in that framing" scenario.

Listen - I think there is a higher probability than normal that this is a terrible draft, but in my mind that's 100% because we only had 5 picks. We just can't be in those scenarios.

But a perfect example of this is the "John Lynch didn't even know what the bears were doing" ergo the bears were operating stupidly. But reality is the Bears could have been played much worse if they knew bears were after Trubisky. They could have parlayed the "Bears are gonna draft Trubisky, so if you want him you need to pay up" to all the QB leaning teams.

Instead they may have "gotten played" but people are so over the top with this "THEY GAVE UP A MOUNTAIN OF PICKS". Had they given up a future first or 2nd, it's crucifiable. But 3rds are basically right. Even with no leverage, the 49ers would be stupid to give it away for less.