2017 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 05:21 PM)
3rd and 4th this year plus a 3rd next year.

What a disaster already, lol. This pick better make the HOF

Ridiculous. Unbelievable. San Fran gets its guy and loads up on picks. Uggh. Please surprise me and take a QB!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:23 PM)
I presume the Browns were trying to jump to #2 for Trubisky. I'm perfectly fine going QB.

Position doesn't matter when the talent isn't there. This is beyond a reach. He's not very good.

In what may become a draft full of bad moves/picks....wow haha.

How do you give up 3 other picks, to move up 1 spot, and get at a guy that would have been there anyways? And..for THAT guy....guess Chicago will be drafting a QB in ~3 years.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:23 PM)
I presume the Browns were trying to jump to #2 for Trubisky. I'm perfectly fine going QB.

This is the only thing that makes sense and it's still ridiculous, you can't give up those picks when you have like 6 starters on both sides.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:24 PM)
So, I'm confused, Pace thought San Fran would take Trubisky but if you throw picks at them they'll back off? What the f*** does that tell you?

Was thinking this, just seems like we played ourselves.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 05:22 PM)
Why can't we just be happy?

I am. Only thing that will change this franchise for the better (significantly) is getting a QB. I'm always okay paying the price for that guy. At least there is hope. Odds are he fails, but there is at least a chance. This franchise is not changing into a perennial winner until you find QB. You don't find QB (largely speaking) not investing in them early. Look at the franchise for the last 30 years...we've barely selected any QB's early and we have seen what we received. If we gave up that for a non QB, I'd have flipped...but we can take our time with Trubisky to learn, etc. Tools are really good.