2017 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:00 PM)
This is so beyond dumb. If they knew this was their pick and they were willing to pay a ransom for him, why on earth sign Glennon? They got fooled so hard thinking the Browns would take him.

He's not good, they have too many holes to fill to waste picks, and they're going to suck next year so getting a top 5 pick and a chance at a QB is still there.

God I wish the NFL would bring a new franchise to town so I can stop being a fan of this awful f***ing franchise

The Glennon contract is front loaded and he can be easily cut after year 1, that doesn't bother me.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 05:59 PM)
I'm not as bothered with the pick as I am trading 3 draft picks to move up one spot for a guy that wasn't gonna be drafted there.

If Pace likes Trubisky that much, then I hope he's right, but he won't be GM anymore by the time that happens.

This I fully agree with.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)
No...he isn't ready to start. He has all kinds of tools. We will never be a good franchise if we always ignore QB. I'm always fine investing in QB and I presume they liked him (afterall they picked him). I've been saying we need a QB and we need to start investing in it.

Yeah but he would have been a reach just taking him at 3 this was a monumental overpay to move up one spot for mediocre projection talent.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)
No...he isn't ready to start. He has all kinds of tools. We will never be a good franchise if we always ignore QB. I'm always fine investing in QB and I presume they liked him (afterall they picked him). I've been saying we need a QB and we need to start investing in it.

I disagree. His tools are average. I've known about this Kid since high school. He's not a franchise QB. Save this post and I'll gladly own up if I'm wrong. But I'm certain I'm not.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:09 PM)
I disagree. His tools are average. I've known about this Kid since high school. He's not a franchise QB. Save this post and I'll gladly own up if I'm wrong. But I'm certain I'm not.

Wasn't he a Mr Ohio and didn't get an offer from OSU? Doesn't that tell you all you need to know?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:59 PM)
I would have been good with Trubisky at 3, but giving up all those picks is insane to me. Pace is putting his career on the line by betting on Trubisky being a legit franchise QB. Hope he's right for all our sakes.

This

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:11 PM)
Wasn't he a Mr Ohio and didn't get an offer from OSU? Doesn't that tell you all you need to know?

He got a camp offer. So no. Never impressed with him. The third string QB at osu was MR Ohio after him.

Edited by RockRaines

Or how about was back up at UNC to Marquuse Willis who went undrafted.

Basically bears picked a qb just to pick a qb.

Now anything could happen, and he could become best qb ever, but his draft grade wasn't close to top 5 (arguably not even first round) and the bears bid against themselves.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:15 PM)
Or how about was back up at UNC to Marquuse Willis who went undrafted.

Basically bears picked a qb just to pick a qb.

Now anything could happen, and he could become best qb ever, but his draft grade wasn't close to top 5 (arguably not even first round) and the bears bid against themselves.

Bears bidding against themselves again just like with Glennon.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:23 PM)
Why am I a Bears fan?

I've been wondering this for the last few years. I may seriously give up. They are my favorite pro sports team, the team I follow the most... but why? They haven't done s*** in my 3 decades on this earth to warrant me caring as much as I do. We are a garbage franchise.

What a f***ing joke. Pace sucks. Dude comes into a situation where we are completely devoid of talent and depth, and way behind our peers in the division. And what does he do? He trades away picks in every draft when he should be doing the opposite by acquiring more picks. Don't forget where he traded a 6th round pick for Khari Lee. A UDFA who the Texans were going to cut anyway. Trading up for Floyd was completely stupid last year, and this Trubisky trade... my god, I can't even put into words how bad it is.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
I've been wondering this for the last few years. I may seriously give up. They are my favorite pro sports team, the team I follow the most... but why? They haven't done s*** in my 3 decades on this earth to warrant me caring as much as I do. We are a garbage franchise.

What a f***ing joke. Pace sucks. Dude comes into a situation where we are completely devoid of talent and depth, and way behind our peers in the division. And what does he do? He trades away picks in every draft when he should be doing the opposite by acquiring more picks. Don't forget where he traded a 6th round pick for Khari Lee. A UDFA who the Texans were going to cut anyway. Trading up for Floyd was completely stupid last year, and this Trubisky trade... my god, I can't even put into words how bad it is.

This draft is deep in the middle and we trade away picks? Moronic.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:22 PM)
Still think he's the best of the QBs

thats why it's such a horrific move. No clear cut top qb, there is a chance the best qb in this draft doesnt even go in the first round.

What this move says is the bears are 3-4 years from competing and are planning to be terrible next year. Going to be hilarious when next year there are much better QBs and the bears can't take them cause trubisky is on the bench.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:27 PM)
thats why it's such a horrific move. No clear cut top qb, there is a chance the best qb in this draft doesnt even go in the first round.

What this move says is the bears are 3-4 years from competing and are planning to be terrible next year. Going to be hilarious when next year there are much betyet QBs and the bears can't takeep them cause trubisky is on the bench.

Still holding out hope they flip him for picks.