2017 NFL Draft Thread

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
You guys complain every year that they don't address the Qb position. They finally make a shrewd move to get one because if they didn't it's likely someone else was entertaining a trade with San Fran to get Trubisky, the guy Pace identifies as "the guy" and you all lose ur s*** over a couple third rounders.

Shrewd???? Ships you're drunk.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys complain every year that they don't address the Qb position. They finally make a shrewd move to get one because if they didn't it's likely someone else was entertaining a trade with San Fran to get Trubisky, the guy Pace identifies as "the guy" and you all lose ur s*** over a couple third rounders.

When you have 8 holes to fill those couple of 3rd rounders are important especially for a one year wonder.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
What shrewd move are you referring to? I have yet to see one

Look it's really easy to give them no benefit of the doubt because we have frankly been burned far too many times to do that but if they knew that Mitch was their guy from all the work they have done and they ALSO knew there was a good chance they wouldn't get him because the Browns were going to make that trade to get him then they done the right thing. Now if they made that trade thinking the niners were going to get him then yeah they made a mistake.

It's a horrible reach. The Bears are a terrible organization

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:49 PM)
The Browns have more of a clue than the Bears sadly. I hope for multiple blackouts so I can watch mediocre to decent football rather than crap on Sunday afternoons. Bears are a joke.

It honestly sucks not being interested in watching the Bears. It's miserable.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:51 PM)
It honestly sucks not being interested in watching the Bears. It's miserable.

I know. It sucks not being interested in anything other than Baseball and Hockey currently. Bulls/Bears are both gawd awful organizations at this point.

This was four picks to move up one spot in a mediocre draft to grab a guy who doesn't project as a perennial pro bowl talent. What is shrewd about this?

In 10+ years of posting ive never once wanted the bears to trade uo for a qb, almost every draft I've wanted them to trade down to accumulate picks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 09:37 PM)
You seem biased towards all these OSU guys...

;)

But they are also all so good. Schiano called him the next Ed Reed. And our secondary was flat out incredible.

Just wait until next year, the D line is going to have several picks and ill be just as bad. But I also wont call for anyone to take JT Barrett

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)
Can't believe Howard fell in the Bucs lap. I was hoping maybe Njoku would be available if the top 3 RBs weren't available bc I figured Howard would've been gone by 19. Excited.

He's so good. Bama never went to him as much as they could have. Huge Weapon.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)
Can't believe Howard fell in the Bucs lap. I was hoping maybe Njoku would be available if the top 3 RBs weren't available bc I figured Howard would've been gone by 19. Excited.

Seems like a great pick but I was also a big ASJ fan when they picked him. Although he was a 2nd rounder with off the field problems.

Looking at the points chart, the Bears really didn't give up a lot to get Tribusky using the Texans and Chiefs trades as reference. I understand the sentiment that the Bears have more holes to fill and shouldn't be trading picks. I also don't like the pick much. I'm just saying.