2017 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros:

- The Bears finally get what their fans want, a quarterback.

- The Bears can continue tanking and draft with the picks next year, trying to shore up a defense and offense thirsty for playmakers.

- Ryan Pace and John 🦊 have to own this pick, Pace could be fired after 🦊 is canned.

- Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton, Eddie Royal, Cameron Meredith and Kevin White can be thrown to.

- Jordan Howard might get better as a result of this pick.

- Look up third round picks since Lance Briggs, only Hroniss Grasu looks like the only good pick.

Cons:

- They still have depth issues in the secondary.

- They gutted their draft picks this year.

- San Francisco may not have gotten the Cleveland Browns to trade with them and fleeced the Bears.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:06 PM)
He plays a lot of positions, not well, but he does play them

He's good in space. Can't take on blockers and doesn't seem great in coverage. I have no idea what he plays in the NFL. I agree with you. I wanted the Bears nowhere near that guy.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 10:09 PM)
He's good in space. Can't take on blockers and doesn't seem great in coverage. I have no idea what he plays in the NFL. I agree with you. I wanted the Bears nowhere near that guy.

Good KR/PR and Nickel LB

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 09:40 PM)
;)

But they are also all so good. Schiano called him the next Ed Reed. And our secondary was flat out incredible.

Just wait until next year, the D line is going to have several picks and ill be just as bad. But I also wont call for anyone to take JT Barrett

8 million bucks says that Rock sees JT Barrett as a value pick somewhere next year at this time. ;)

I think Bears got played, but I like conviction. There's no sliding scale of qb value in first. They are either your guy or don't pick em. If this was their guy, it means everything. I'd rather have traded down but 3rd had no leverage. Winning that s***ty game vs 49ers cost us 3 players.

Hated Cutler, got Glennon

Hate Glennon, took Trubisky

Still mad.

I sometimes wish they would come out and admitted that they'll be f***ing bad for 4 years because all of you evidently believe since you didn't hear that, they'll be good. Would Garrett, Watson, Adams, Thomas, etc gotten them to 10-6 this year? No? Then find a way to get a guy to be your future at the most important position in sports

They gave up their shot at a few special teams players and maybe a starter by giving up mid-round picks. GMAB. Pace got his guy. If he's great, awesome. If not, Pace is gone after the 2019 season. But, I do know that taking the next Aaron Donald (Thomas) wins you jack s***; ask the Rams how Aaron Donald is helping them win Super Bowls. You have to have a QB. Let's see how it plays out

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 09:26 PM)
Hated Cutler, got Glennon

Hate Glennon, took Trubisky

Still mad.

I sometimes wish they would come out and admitted that they'll be f***ing bad for 4 years because all of you evidently believe since you didn't hear that, they'll be good. Would Garrett, Watson, Adams, Thomas, etc gotten them to 10-6 this year? No? Then find a way to get a guy to be your future at the most important position in sports

They gave up their shot at a few special teams players and maybe a starter by giving up mid-round picks. GMAB. Pace got his guy. If he's great, awesome. If not, Pace is gone after the 2019 season. But, I do know that taking the next Aaron Donald (Thomas) wins you jack s***; ask the Rams how Aaron Donald is helping them win Super Bowls. You have to have a QB. Let's see how it plays out

I think we get that...if the guy turns into the real deal, there is almost no price not worth paying.

That doesn't mean you just start giving away everything to get your man. It seems like John Lynch's preparation for tonight was to watch Kevin Costner in Draft Day and Pace and Co. were f***ing dumb enough to fall for it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 11:37 PM)
I think we get that...if the guy turns into the real deal, there is almost no price not worth paying.

That doesn't mean you just start giving away everything to get your man. It seems like John Lynch's preparation for tonight was to watch Kevin Costner in Draft Day and Pace and Co. were f***ing dumb enough to fall for it.

Give away everything. My god. They gave away 2 thirds and a 4th, one or two of which will probably be recouped in about 18 hours, but if Pace can't get them back, uh oh! Hopefully the Bears don't miss out on another Chris Conte, Major Wright, Juaquin Iglesias, or Khaseem Greene with those golden tickets!

I'm not mad at the pick, just the price. I know Pace got played on picks but it seemed like today there was a lot of overpays. Not excusing it, but he wasn't the only one

And I agree with Rowand, this took some balls and Pace hitched his wagon to Trubisky who loves kissing women chest parts

The scariest thing to me is only if he succeeds. With this much invested he gets time. And the worst part about cutler trade wasn't losing 2 firsts etc, it was losing 7 years.

That said Trubisky had the traits I favor most and when I heard the price I would have been much more pissed if it A) was not for a QB and B) was for watson.